PDA

View Full Version : have yall seen this?

CHS_CG
02-17-2006, 12:12 PM
So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world`s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the winter games look like a GOP convention. Try not to point out that something`s not really a sport in the pseudo athlete waits in what`s called a kiss and cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won. And try to blot out all logic when announcers and sports writers pretend to care about the luge, the skeleton, the biathalon, and all those other events they don`t understand and totally ignore but for three weeks every four years.

that was what byrant gumble said on national tv about the olympics... how much of a d-head is he!

mrescape43
02-17-2006, 12:27 PM
I hate to say it but I agree with him. The only time you hear about 9 out of 10 of the winter olympic sports is just prior and during the olympics.

CHS_CG
02-17-2006, 12:28 PM
but to as go as far as the racial part.. that is totally uncalled for!

Maroon87
02-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Bryant Gumbel is eloquent but it doesn't mean he's smart.

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Bryant Gumble is the last "black" man
that needs to play the race card.

mrescape43
02-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

True, I didn't even catch that part. I had to read it over again to find out what you were referring to. Man it has been a long last couple of days.

Old Tiger
02-17-2006, 05:02 PM
whoa whoa whoa.....what's going on?

CHS_CG
02-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
whoa whoa whoa.....what's going on?

Bryant Gumble has a big fat mouth! and no respect for other people!

Old Tiger
02-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Just like someone else I know...:rolleyes: :D

CHS_CG
02-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Just like someone else I know...:rolleyes: :D

and who is that???:confused:

Old Tiger
02-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Not really sure...

CHS_CG
02-17-2006, 05:34 PM
uh huh.. you better watch Casey C!!!!

HighSchool Fan
02-17-2006, 05:40 PM
if it was a white man that said that, he'd be fired. if you want proof, what happened to howard cosell and jimmy the greek.

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

do a head count. . . and see if he's lying. . . there are maybe 4-6 black athletes competing for the US

slpybear the bullfan
02-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
do a head count. . . and see if he's lying. . . there are maybe 4-6 black athletes competing for the US

So what? Does that mean the Winter Games deserve a racial jab (as evidenced by his GOP portion of the comment?) And does that mean our other minority atheletes are "sub par" because they are of korean, etc descent? (equality for minorities... buy my minority first! :rolleyes:)

What a moron. LOL... Talking Heads are NOT guaranteed to be intelligent or cultured!

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
So what? Does that mean the Winter Games deserve a racial jab (as evidenced by his GOP portion of the comment?) And does that mean our other minority atheletes are "sub par" because they are of korean, etc descent? (equality for minorities... buy my minority first! :rolleyes:)

What a moron. LOL... Talking Heads are NOT guaranteed to be intelligent or cultured!

im not defending him, but he has a point only because the winter olympics are not geared specifically to african-american athletes if you look at it... :)

slpybear the bullfan
02-17-2006, 09:28 PM
I hear ya...

IMHO the winter games are geared towards whoever works their butt off the hardest and wins their sport. If "Curling" doesn't attract all races to its rinks... that doesn't bother me.

BUT... there definitely are some awesome sports that require the worlds greatest athelets their.

All of the downhill events... skiing, luge, bobsled, etc. They are tough. They showed a ski cam tonight of a downhill racer and it was unreal how fast and hard they really ski.

Speedskating has impressed me tremendously. That 5000M race is a monster.

And of course, Cross Country skiing is super tough. Even more so when it is the biatholon... several kilometers of crosscountry skiing... heartpounding, maximum aerobic activity, racing your competitors... then, stop what your are doing, try and become perfectly calm, shoot at 10 targets, (if you miss one you ski a penalty lap, one per), then jump back on the course and ski like mad.

That is a sport! Not that I am interested in it more than once every four years... but that is one heck of a sport.