PDA

View Full Version : events from february 16, 2006

bigO
02-17-2006, 10:34 AM
last weekend, the battery light on my truck came on...well monday it went off, and i never thought about it again
yesterday me and my buddy are goin out to proctor for beer,and the light is back on...i dont worry about it
between dublin and proctor my dash board goes black, radio turns off, head lights turn off...we coast into the beer store
ok, we decide to make it back to stephenville...we are barely into dublin, headlights go completely out, truck dies, so i have to pull off to the side of the road...right behind a cop who has somebody pulled over
so my buddy has a friend in dublin, we get that guys truck, come to stephenville, to get a battery...we get it, go to my apt to get some tools...between the time we left originally and then, the temp had dropped like 30 degrees...so im in shorts and short sleeves...im at my apt, and cant change cause all my clothes are in the washing machine
so we finally get back to my truck, get the battery in...everything is good...when we connect the battery, my car alarm goes off
and wont go off
i havent used it in over 2 years, its going off...i have no idea where the remote is to turn it off....somehow i dig through all my stuff in my center console and find the remote..and it actually worked and turned the alarm off
so we're finally headed back to stephenville, my battery light is still on cause my alternator is bad, which means the battery wont charge, it will just eventually go dead...so im on the phone and im tellin her im making my way home and i say these exact words to her 'let me call you back, im being pulled over'
so i pull over..its the same cop we had pulled in behind earlier, i was goin 59 in a 45...i explain why i was goin so fast and my car might die, blah blah...he notices my registration sticker is expired...so i have to find my current sticker and show it to him, i jut hadnt put it on yet
so then he looks in the back of my truck and sees all the beer and other stuff we'd just got at proctor...'son, that sure is a lot of beer, can i see ur id'....'is all that for you'....BLAH
long story short, he didnt write me a ticket...but ya, a 45 minute trip turned into a 3 hour circus

i have to find some way to keep this from my wife...she would KILL me, i was supposed to be driving the old folks foodwagon lastnight

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2006, 10:36 AM
drink a beer dude... you deserve it...

CHS_CG
02-17-2006, 10:37 AM
too funny! next time you should tell him u are takin it to a soup kitchen.. even homeless people might wanna beer lol.

AP Panther Fan
02-17-2006, 10:51 AM
[i] i have to find some way to keep this from my wife...she would KILL me, i was supposed to be driving the old folks foodwagon lastnight [/B]

Hmmm....seems pretty tame compared to having someone follow you home, sleep on the couch and then steal your wallet the night before. Just my take on it though.:cool:

pirate4state
02-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Hmmm....seems pretty tame compared to having someone follow you home, sleep on the couch and then steal your wallet the night before. Just my take on it though.:cool: You've got a point...wonder if his wife knows that there is a marriage!! :thinking: :p

AP Panther Fan
02-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You've got a point...wonder if his wife knows that there is a marriage!! :thinking: :p

LOL...she might be thinking it is a somewhat strange nightmare she is hoping to wake up from....soon.

BigO...sorry you had a bad, but yet again, interesting day.:D

Chief Ohera
02-17-2006, 11:05 AM
you need to get totally wasted drunk, it will be cool, smoke a pipe for me alright buddy, but go out to a strip club, have fun get drunk and smoke out a pipe and you will have great time............
so for now my brothers, that's all, so until next time...........
your buddy and mentor the CHIEF

Phantom Stang
02-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by bigO

i have to find some way to keep this from my wife...she would KILL me, i was supposed to be driving the old folks foodwagon lastnight [/B]
So...... Did the old folks in your town, have to go hungry, because of all this???

AP Panther Fan
02-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
you need to get totally wasted drunk, it will be cool, smoke a pipe for me alright buddy, but go out to a strip club, have fun get drunk and smoke out a pipe and you will have great time............

Good grief, isn't your reservation looking for you? :rolleyes:

MHSvarsity2007
02-17-2006, 11:10 AM
haha sounds like you had an interesting day.

3afan
02-17-2006, 11:12 AM
you need to get totally wasted drunk,

yeah, thats the answer ........ :rolleyes:

44INAROW
02-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Good grief, isn't your reservation looking for you? :rolleyes:

:D :D :D I bet they are glad he's someone else problem right now

bigO
02-17-2006, 12:03 PM
you need to get totally wasted drunk that wont pay for a new alternator

CHS_CG
02-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by bigO
that wont pay for a new alternator

it will make ya forget you have to buy a new one.. for a lil while lol

Maroon87
02-17-2006, 02:40 PM

Chief...oh heck with it...:rolleyes:

NateDawg39
02-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Well...It could be worse:D