PDA

View Full Version : Brenham softball tourney

BTEXDAD
02-17-2006, 10:10 AM
#1 and 2 ranked La Grange and Bellville are the only 3A schools in the Brenham Leadoff softball tournament. Both are 1-1 after the first day.
Bellville beat 4A Burnet 9-0 and lost to
5A Burleson(fort worth) 2-0.
La Grange lost to 5A Pearland 6-0 and beat 5A Vista Ridge 10-0.

Today La Grange plays 4A Angleton at 5:00 and 5A Belton at 9:00.

Bellville plays 5A Haltom at 11:00, 4A El Campo at 3:00 and 5A Abilene at 9:00.

On Saturday La GRange plays 5A San antonio Marshall at 2:00 and 5A San Marcos at 8:00. Bellville plays 5A Round Rock Mcneil at 8:00
All of this assuming it doesn't rain out.

Old Tiger
02-17-2006, 10:11 AM
The scores don't look to good. How are they looking by their play BTEX?

BTEXDAD
02-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
The scores don't look to good. How are they looking by their play BTEX?

It seems like Coach Wilson from Brenham did a good job of seeding the different pools. There are some very strong teams but also a few weak teams in tourney. They seem to be spread out among pools.
Pearland team that beat La grange is excellent, pitching defense, speed and hitting. Vista Ridge was overmatched by La Grange and the Lady Leps run ruled them in four innings.
The Burnet team was pretty good and hanging in with Bellville. It was 1-0 in top of fourth, then with runners on second and third for bellville with 2 out. Burnett threw ball away at first on ground ball and both runs scored. Burnet kind of fell apart after that. Bellville got three more runs that inning with couple more hits, walk and another error. Instead of inning over with score still 1-0, it was 6-0 after that inning, ended 9-0 as i said earlier. Bellville played good defense.
In second game, Burleson pitcher and shortstop killed us. Their defense was good, but pitcher excellent. We hit some balls well but only had three base runners. Two hits and one walk, all in different innings. Bellville got one runner to third with two outs and scored still 1-0. Batter had about a 10 pitch at bat, but finally struck out on rise ball.
The Burleson shortstop had three hits and scored both runs for them, both with two outs. Second one on a great head first slide she made to get around the tag at plate. Bellville committed two errors, but neither figured in the scoring.
Overall, I thought Bellville played well. Would always like to string more hits together, but all teams would like that.

Manck
02-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah, don't expect to get much off that Burleson team.

Last season, they took Keller (ranked No. 1 by USA Today at the end of the season), to 13 innings before losing 1-0 in the region final. Their stud pitcher recorded 312 K's as a sophomore last year, and pitched a no-hitter in the season opener against Brewer on Tuesday. They're stacked.

Old Tiger
02-17-2006, 04:50 PM
312 k's? That's crazy!

BTEXDAD
02-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
312 k's? That's crazy!

I wonder if (accurate) records are kept for single season and lifetime strikeouts in high school softball.
I know Brandi C. from Caldwell had over 1000 strikeouts in her four year high school career, so if my math is correct that's over 250 per year average. I don't know what her high single season was.

3afan
02-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
.... 5A Vista Ridge

FYI, VR is 4A (26-4A)

BTEXDAD
02-17-2006, 06:27 PM
More results from softball tourney. It's been windy, cold and damp, but they're still playing. I've watched Bellville's games and then found a warm spot to thaw out, so I don't know what else has been going on.
Bellville lost 4-3 to a good Haltom (somewhere in north dallas area) team, and then beat El Campo 3-0. After struggling to even get a runner on base against Burleson last night, we probably left 8-10 runners on base both games today. Need to improve on that.
2-2 record in tournament so far with Abilene and Round Rock McNeil still to go.

3afan
02-17-2006, 06:34 PM
FYI, Haltom HS is in Haltom City, which is a suburb just NW of Fort Worth :cool:

BTEXDAD
02-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
FYI, VR is 4A (26-4A)

Thanks 3a, we were looking up teams on internet and UIL site b4 tournament and for Vista Ridge saw the Leander school district stuff and cedar park and wrongfully assumed they were one of the teams in district 15-5A. I overlooked the Cedar Park Vista Ridge in 26-4A.

BTEXDAD
02-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
FYI, Haltom HS is in Haltom City, which is a suburb just NW of Fort Worth :cool:

thanks again, 3a.
Where is Southlake Carroll high school located by the way?
I did see they're in district with Haltom. Just curious

3afan
02-17-2006, 06:55 PM
SLC is just west of DFW Airport

MAP (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=&city=southlake&state=tx&zipcode=)

KL3
02-17-2006, 08:02 PM
BTEXDAD, who pitched for Bellville in these games? What was the lineup?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-18-2006, 10:42 AM
To cold and wet to play the 9:00 game vs 5a Abeline.
I wounder if they will play todays games????
Bellville beat 4a El Campo 3-0 earlier yesterday.

3afan
02-18-2006, 10:46 AM
softball regular season doesnt even start until 3/13 in No VA

18handicap
02-18-2006, 11:44 AM
We lost to Angleton 3-0 on Friday night and didn't get to play the 2nd game against Belton. They were told by their administration to come home early because of possible icy conditions in the Belton area (they were traveling back and forth).

Just talked to Brenham coach and there are games going on, but we weren't supposed to play until 2:00 and 8:00 tonight and SA Marshall wanted to go home and San Marcos called and didn't come, so we don't have any games for us today. I think that is good for us so we can get healthy because district starts soon. That also includes me, who had to go to the doctor and get a shot for my flu symptoms too.