PDA

View Full Version : Best Athletic Facilities in 3A...

Milk That Cow
02-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Who has some of the better athletic facilities out there?

SnyTigBaseB07
02-16-2006, 09:23 PM
We all know Snyders got one of the best 3A baseball fields.

Tiger stadium, is ok, the weight room and lockers arent too bad.

I think wylie has a pretty nice set up there.

injuredinmelee
02-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07

The Snyder baseball field is great playing surface but the views are terrible from the stands.

Matthew328
02-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Groesbeck and Gladewater have great stadiums....

AggieJohn
02-16-2006, 09:55 PM
liberty............doesn't

Pmoney
02-16-2006, 10:28 PM

our fieldhouse is a great facility....

Ranger Mom
02-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Greenwood has a brand new baseball/softball complex and are starting on a new field house. Our football field still leaves alot to be desired!:rolleyes:

SnyTigBaseB07
02-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
our fieldhouse is a great facility....

Well i rarely see the locker rooms and stuff anymore, so i didnt really wanna say that they were great. lol

Jv and Fish locker rooms suck!

Varsity's is nice!

Pmoney
02-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Well i rarely see the locker rooms and stuff anymore, so i didnt really wanna say that they were great. lol

Jv and Fish locker rooms suck!

Varsity's is nice!
well the jv and fish dont suck they are just not as good as varsity's

SnyTigBaseB07
02-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
well the jv and fish dont suck they are just not as good as varsity's

Ok...when they become the Baseball locker rooms they suck

its smells like buttcrack, mud and that funky dirt smell that you get from the pants....lol

Pmoney
02-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Ok...when they become the Baseball locker rooms they suck

its smells like buttcrack, mud and that funky dirt smell that you get from the pants....lol
hahaha

West22
02-16-2006, 10:45 PM
barbers hill has a great stadium but wont be 3a for long .

Old Tiger
02-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Forney 'had' the second best facilities in 3a during their tenure.

SpreadtheRed
02-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Semionle has the nicest facilities in the west texas region for sure! That baseball facility beats anyones and the football stadium and fieldhouse are still in good condition, the basketball arena is big and they have the olympic size swimming pool. All the oil money pays for it and plus the Gaines County is 2X as big as others

RMAC
02-16-2006, 11:03 PM
We have a pretty nice one here in Graham. It was donated like 2 or 3 years ago I believe. Great view from anywhere in the stands and it also serves as the home of Graham's TCL collegiate team, the Roughnecks. Our football field has a nice consession stand, but needs to be updated in the seating area IMO. The gym is nice, even if it's old, but the new Jr. High gym is pretty nice. From what the girls tell me the softball field sucks and our tennis courts are pretty nice. Well lit and vary few cracks and good nets.

MHSvarsity2007
02-16-2006, 11:13 PM
our gym and locker rooms are awesome...eh the football field is alright and the indoor football field...baseball and softball are rather nice, but not to comfortable....clyde's facilities are nice too, their gym anyway.

LH Panther Mom
02-16-2006, 11:15 PM
:eek: And all this time I thought the boys' dirty socks made their room smell like it does. :doh:

But, on the topic.....our high school gym is great. Our fields are in good shape (softball field is just a few years old), but the amount of stands at all our fields is lacking. :(

neck_06
02-17-2006, 08:32 AM
W.C. has one of the nicest weightrooms in the area.

DukeNukem
02-17-2006, 11:16 AM
sorry folks, now that andrews has dropped, they will have the nicest facilities by far for 3a. huge football stadium with turf. they are completing the new field house that will be 3 floors, i think, with a brand new fitness/weight room complex. they have multiple nice gyms, an awesome track and unbelievable softball and baseball fields.

panther power
02-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Our SEC gym was featured on High School Sports Extra, our baseball field is one of the biggiest in west texas for sure with a 3 level center field wall. Big money is on the way here, we just got a dollar tree, IHOP, Auto Zone, Hampton INN, and there are proposals of a wal mart supercenter being put up right off the interstate, and hEB is looking to lease a existing building. More MOney for local schools.......

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
sorry folks, now that andrews has dropped, they will have the nicest facilities by far for 3a. huge football stadium with turf. they are completing the new field house that will be 3 floors, i think, with a brand new fitness/weight room complex. they have multiple nice gyms, an awesome track and unbelievable softball and baseball fields.

"Stadium" ??? You mean taco shell?

Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl is incomparable.
to any other 3A school. It rivals some of
these new mega complexes. Overall,
Sweetwater's facilities as a whole are
average at best. But, the Mustang Bowl
is an awesome enviroment to play in.
Ask anybody who has played there.

MHSvarsity2007
02-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
"Stadium" ??? You mean taco shell?

these new mega complexes. Overall,
Sweetwater's facilities as a whole are
average at best. But, the Mustang Bowl
is an awesome enviroment to play in.
Ask anybody who has played there.

i love going to the mustang bowl!

xlr8
02-17-2006, 12:05 PM
One of the strangest stadiums is in Troy outside Temple, where it goes up like 50 steps and is from one 40 to the other 40. It looks like it should topple over from gravity. :-)

mrescape43
02-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Sweetwaters' turf field is very nice but the rest of the bowl needs serious TLC.

Except for Moffett Field, Snyder facilities are above average at best. Moffett field is a very nice baseball field.

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2006, 12:09 PM
I know the stadium in Canyon is so steep
they use golf carts to transport the elderly
from the gates to the seats.

lobo12
02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
sounds like this is supposed to be a homer post, so here goes lol....i think monahans has one of the nicest football fields in west texas with the exception of sweetwater and andrews...olympic sized pool, awesome basketball gym, and an average baseball field....as far as favorites go, im gonna have to go with andrews in football, snyder in baseball, and our basketball gym is my favorite

3afan
02-17-2006, 12:27 PM
these new mega complexes.

its a nice 3A facility, but comparing it to "these new mega complexes" is a bit of a stretch IMO

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Sweetwaters' turf field is very nice but the rest of the bowl needs serious TLC.

Except for Moffett Field, Snyder facilities are above average at best. Moffett field is a very nice baseball field.

I assume you are refering to the restrooms
and concession stands. Don't get me
started on that. It wouldn't take 10-20K
to make them larger. But, for some reason
nobody will step up to the plate. If I ever
win the lottery though...:D

kaorder1999
02-17-2006, 01:18 PM
QUinlan Ford has a nice indoor facility and baseball/softball complex. Horrible football stadium

mrescape43
02-17-2006, 01:22 PM
I assume you are refering to the restrooms
and concession stands. Don't get me
started on that. It wouldn't take 10-20K
to make them larger. But, for some reason
nobody will step up to the plate. If I ever
win the lottery though...:D

That is what I am referring to. It is terrible to have such a nice field with those terrible restrooms and concessions.

zeus63
02-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem

Agreed. Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater wouldn't be too bad if they would work on the seating a little.

Bearkat
02-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Silsbee's facilities are very nice. They have a good football stadium, and the gym was nice before Rita came through. The baseball field took some heavy damage from the hurricane as well, but it is coming along every well with it's remodeling.

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
its a nice 3A facility, but comparing it to "these new mega complexes" is a bit of a stretch IMO

When you consider the fact that most of
these complexes have multiple 5A or 4A
teams playing in them, it kinda takes
away the home field advantage when
say like Midland Lee plays Midland High
at Grande Comm. stadium. It kinda
gives these complexes a sterile feeling.
Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl gives you
an unbelievable view of the action from
every angle. To actually be playing on the
field is awesome.

NateDawg39
02-17-2006, 02:42 PM
hmm.... Lake Worth has some nice locker rooms.

big daddy russ
02-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Other than our new basketball gym that was built back in '98, most of Ingleside's facilities are average or below average. We still have a nice, well maintained baseball field but our football stadium (press boxes and bathrooms in particular) could use some cleaning up. Our weightroom is basically a closet with a concrete floor, and on our tennis courts the players have to get the ball over the nets and the weeds.

All in all, could be better, could be worse.

NateDawg39
02-17-2006, 02:50 PM
I was always fond of Bridgeports locker rooms. Even if they are satans spawn up there, they have nice lockers

BullFrog Dad
02-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
hmm.... Lake Worth has some nice locker rooms. Thanx! You're about to hit 1000!

BHBrave08
02-18-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by West22
barbers hill has a great stadium but wont be 3a for long .

Yes, BH has great facilities but we are only 3A for 3 more months.:(

BHBrave08
02-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Just thought about it but i just had a scrimmage in silsbee & they have brand new evrything facilities now. Very Nice.

District303aPastPlayer
02-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Forney 'had' the second best facilities in 3a during their tenure.

i love it!!

Sintons baseball field is great :)

hotpockets
02-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Ingleside facilities does need work. They have a new weight room. 50' X 100' turf on the floor. who cares about tennis. No doubt need a new press box.