PDA

View Full Version : HS Track

Bullaholic
02-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Any schools with any T&F record breakers? Got any kids probably going to State Meet in Austin?

Who will win the boys 100M in 3A ? Kid from Cuero?

STANG RED
02-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Any schools with any T&F record breakers? Got any kids probably going to State Meet in Austin?

Who will win the boys 100M in 3A ? Kid from Cuero?

It will either be him or Skye Green. Either way, it should be a great race. Heck, they may both break the record. If they will get into the weight room and really work their upper bodies correctly, they would see the benefits of it. Few young sprinters realize just how important a strong upper body is to be a great sprinter. Just look at the strong upper bodies of all the great sprinters from the past & present. Evidently, you have to be cocky as hell also.

Bullaholic
02-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
It will either be him or Skye Green. Either way, it should be a great race. Heck, they may both break the record. If they will get into the weight room and really work their upper bodies correctly, they would see the benefits of it. Few young sprinters realize just how important a strong upper body is to be a great sprinter. Just look at the strong upper bodies of all the great sprinters from the past & present. Evidently, you have to be cocky as hell also.

How fast is Skye in the 100m? I heard that Cuero kid runs 10.1.

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Cuero should be loaded in the 3 relay's . They lost one Senior to graduation from the double gold winning 4x100 , 4x200 relay's. As far as how many they can have in Austin it's hard to tell I know of at least 2 alternates fron last year that should make it this year 100m, High Jump. The Relay's and sprint's should be the strong point for Cuero followed by the Hurdles . As far as Brandon James he should qualify in whatever he want's to qualify in. He won Gold in the 200m last year along with anchoring both realy's . The 100m is a possibility but what I remember most was him running another anchor leg down in the 4x400 who had at least 100m lead .By the time it was over with he had lost by less than 10 yards *impressive to say the least*. . I know they have their first track meet in Bastrop the 25'th ---the girls start up this weekend in Ganado . We had one lone qualifier in the girls div. and will probably qualify again in the 300m hurdles .

raider red 2000
02-16-2006, 02:23 PM
did the track get re-done in cuero?

i heard that they were trying to get it fixed.

STANG RED
02-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How fast is Skye in the 100m? I heard that Cuero kid runs 10.1.

All I know is, the Cuero kid beat Skye (Soph) by about a 1/2 step in Austin last year. If Skye builds a little more upper body strength (which he should) by the state meet this year, he has a good chance of making up that 1/2 step, and then some. It ought to be alot of fun to watch.
We also have several other speed demands that should once again put together some great relay teams, but I dont know if we will be quite as strong in the relays as we were last year.

Old Tiger
02-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Rockdale has a girl named Leslie Starnes, should make her 4th appearance at state for pole vault

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-16-2006, 02:58 PM
I have a daughter that made regionals last year as a freshman. She runs the 2 mile. However she has been working on the 300 hurdles and I think we may see good things from her in that race this year. Maybe not state but I think she will do well for a sophomore. She will also run the mile relay and the 2 mile.

Vernon has had some very good track teams in the past (In particular the girls teams) but I'm not so sure this year how well we will do.

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 03:04 PM
All I know is, the Cuero kid beat Skye (Soph) by about a 1/2 step in Austin last year. If Skye builds a little more upper body strength (which he should) by the state meet this year, he has a good chance of making up that 1/2 step, and then some. It ought to be alot of fun to watch.
We also have several other speed demands that should once again put together some great relay teams, but I dont know if we will be quite as strong in the relays as we were last year.

Which race did the Cuero kid beat the kid from Sweetwater ? In the 4x100 race where Sweetwater took second to Cuero here are the times ....Cuero 41.53 Sweetwater 41.98 Kennedale 42.02 . 4 steps at least :D

STANG RED
02-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Which race did the Cuero kid beat the kid from Sweetwater ? In the 4x100 race where Sweetwater took second to Cuero here are the times ....Cuero 41.53 Sweetwater 41.98 Kennedale 42.02 . 4 steps at least :D

Thats not the race we were talking about, but since you brought it up, Skye got the baton in 4th place, and ran down the other two and just ran out of room, or he would have ran down your boy.
We were talking about the 100m.

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 03:10 PM
You have to be talking about the 100m where Green lost to Mcneil from Dal. Madison ----10.50 to10.54 . Great race to watch.

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 03:13 PM
What race were you watching ?----Cuero was in 3rd on the last leg and ran both teams that were leading down as far as your guy Green catching Brandon well let's just say I havent seen him get done that way yet not that it wont happen it's just I havent seen it yet .. Same as in the 4x200 where he tracked down that Patton kid from Jasper and to top it off Cuero had the worse draw for lanes you can have the outside .

I should know I came out 20 bucks ahead because of these races :smoker:

STANG RED
02-16-2006, 03:16 PM
My mistake on the 100m finals, it was a kid from Dallas Madison
University of Texas
UIL State Track & Field Meet - 5/13/2005 to 5/14/2005
Mike A. Myers Stadium

Event 310 Boys 100 Meter Dash 3A
================================================== ==========================
National: ! 10.15 1990 Henry Neal, Greenville
State: + 10.15 1990 Henry Neal, Greenville
Conf 3A: * 10.26 2002 DaBryan Blanton, Forney
Name Year School Finals Wind Points
================================================== ==========================
Finals
1 Shawnbrey McNeil Dallas Madison 10.50 2.7 10
2 Skye Green Sweetwater 10.54 2.7 8
3 Cordero Gray Kennedale 10.69 2.7 6
4 Jerome Hewitt Gainesville 10.70 2.7 4
5 Chris Tate Hempstead 10.73 2.7 2
6 Amos Blanche Mathis 10.85 2.7 1
7 Martel Williams Cuero 11.11 2.7
8 Byron Majors Cameron Yoe 11.46 2.7

STANG RED
02-16-2006, 03:34 PM
What race were you watching ?----Cuero was in 3rd on the last leg and ran both teams that were leading down as far as your guy Green catching Brandon well let's just say I havent seen him get done that way yet not that it wont happen it's just I havent seen it yet .. Same as in the 2x200 where he tracked down that Patton kid from Jasper and to top it off Cuero had the worse draw for lanes you can have the outside .

I should know I came out 20 bucks ahead because of these races :smoker:

Sorry. I had to go back and refresh my memory. I was thinking of the 4x400 that we had to place 2nd or better in order to win the title. It was Michael Williams who ran down several guys on the anchor leg, but just managed to get into 3rd. Had he not run out of real estate, he was was catching #1 & #2 in a hurry.

schu1213
02-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Brandon James is hands down the fastest kid in 3a. What he did at the state meet last year was amazing. I have never seen a better race than the sprint relay last year.

BU97
02-16-2006, 04:05 PM
When did Brandon James run the 4x400?

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 04:43 PM
In The Port Lavaca Relay's when all the other Varsity kids left to go get ready for prom he stayed and ran the ran the Anchor leg of the 4x400 relay . The other leg's were ran by kid's I dont think ran the 4x400 relay all year it was a throw together type of team they did get second though .

My bad I jst checked it must have been the 4x200 relay he almost caught that kid from Rockport in .

shadow13
02-16-2006, 05:18 PM
The kid from Cuero will be the fastest kid in 3A this year I have to give him that, but he is also suppose to be a freshman in college right now.So yes the advantage goes to him.Oh yeah I know this because he got invited to the Great Southwest Track and Field Classic in Albuquerque NM. last year and I looked at the list of guys we had on the Texas Team to see how many Seniors,Juniors, etc. were invited : all Seniors a few Juniors and 1 soph.

mustang04
02-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
The kid from Cuero will be the fastest kid in 3A this year I have to give him that, but he is also suppose to be a freshman in college right now.So yes the advantage goes to him.Oh yeah I know this because he got invited to the Great Southwest Track and Field Classic in Albuquerque NM. last year and I looked at the list of guys we had on the Texas Team to see how many Seniors,Juniors, etc. were invited : all Seniors a few Juniors and 1 soph.

and the one soph. being mr. skye green!!!

shadow13
02-16-2006, 05:22 PM
lol;)

44INAROW
02-16-2006, 05:23 PM

HUH? He was a Junior last year and he's a Senior this year - what's so strange about that?

STANG RED
02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Why wasnt Brandon James in the 100m finals at the state meet last year? Did he DQ or something?

shadow13
02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
HUH? He was a Junior last year and he's a Senior this year - what's so strange about that? I check birthdays of some of the kids ,his being 1 since in was in 3a

shadow13
02-16-2006, 05:26 PM
He ran the 4x100, 4x200 and the 200m

44INAROW
02-16-2006, 05:32 PM
I check birthdays of some of the kids ,his being 1 since in was in 3a

I don't know how old Brandon is or when is birthday is, but I guarantee you he is not the only Senior in Texas that is old enough to be in college... but whatever works for you...........:rolleyes:

mustang04
02-16-2006, 05:34 PM
yall quit arguing....cuz both guys should be lucky im not still in HS running cuz i'd smoke both of them:D :D

pirate4state
02-16-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't know how old Brandon is or when is birthday is, but I guarantee you he is not the only Senior in Texas that is old enough to be in college... but whatever works for you...........:rolleyes: For sure, I for one am glad I get another chance to watch him run!! :clap: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ... :D

44INAROW
02-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
yall quit arguing....cuz both guys should be lucky im not still in HS running cuz i'd smoke both of them:D :D

lol you gonna be there (State Track Meet) this year? I think we probably sat about 10 rows behind a bunch of Sweetwater folks last year -

mustang04
02-16-2006, 05:38 PM
lol you gonna be there (State Track Meet) this year? I think we probably sat about 10 rows behind a bunch of Sweetwater folks last year -
honestly i have no clue...didnt go last year...NEVER have gone actually...i might just have to change that this time around

STANG RED
02-16-2006, 05:51 PM

If you sat right at the finish line. I was one of those Sweetwater people in that bunch you are talking about. We were having a ball! My wife and I made up our minds, we will be going back every year from now on, whether anyone from Sweetwate is running or not.

shadow13
02-16-2006, 05:57 PM
I don't know how old Brandon is or when is birthday is, but I guarantee you he is not the only Senior in Texas that is old enough to be in college... but whatever works for you...........:rolleyes: You are right ,I'm sure there is, I just get a kick out of all the bragging about someone who should be winning in the first place, it's like a kid moving to another town and have to play JV ,when everyone knows he could be the stud on varsity.

44INAROW
02-16-2006, 05:57 PM
If you sat right at the finish line. I was one of those Sweetwater people in that bunch you are talking about. We were having a ball! My wife and I made up our minds, we will be going back every year from now on, whether anyone from Sweetwate is running or not.

that's where we were for most of the time.. about half way up.. there was lots of Dallas Madison folks around us also...... We'll be there this year too - usually go to the State Golf Tourney and Track Meet - really fun times :)

mustang04
02-16-2006, 05:59 PM
You are right ,I'm sure there is, I just get a kick out of all the bragging about someone who should be winning in the first place, it's like a kid moving to another town and have to play JV ,when everyone knows he could be the stud on varsity.

i agree too...its like the other night when i threw this girls stuff when she was trying to pull a jumpshot on me...i didnt brag or say anything because there was no reason why i shouldnt have been able to do it:D

but it was still friggin hilarious!!!!:clap:

shadow13
02-16-2006, 06:00 PM
If you sat right at the finish line. I was one of those Sweetwater people in that bunch you are talking about. We were having a ball! My wife and I made up our minds, we will be going back every year from now on, whether anyone from Sweetwate is running or not. Same here Stang Red, wife and I will be going every year long after our son is gone.

STANG RED
02-16-2006, 06:06 PM
that's where we were for most of the time.. about half way up.. there was lots of Dallas Madison folks around us also...... We'll be there this year too - usually go to the State Golf Tourney and Track Meet - really fun times :)

Yeah we were at the golf tourny with our girls also. That was alot of fun to. Our best players graduated last year though, so they probably wont qualify this year, so I doubt we will go to it this year.

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 06:33 PM
The UIL would have a say if he were to old so ..... my suggestion is buy a box of tissues and quit making excuses .:weeping:

mustang04
02-16-2006, 06:35 PM
The UIL would have a say if he were to old so ..... my suggestion is buy a box of tissues and quit making excuses .:weeping:

how about YOU buy me some tissue paper.....i have to use the restroom and we're outta TP:(

:D

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
how about YOU buy me some tissue paper.....i have to use the restroom and we're outta TP:(

:D

Old school ....go look for the biggest leaf you can find . :D If your waiting on me to buy you anything well lets just say you will have better luck waiting for it to snow again in South Texas .

shadow13
02-16-2006, 08:30 PM
The UIL would have a say if he were to old so ..... my suggestion is buy a box of tissues and quit making excuses .:weeping: I do not think it's against the uil rules for a 19 yr. old to complete in high school.Who's crying ,Anyone who runs against him, don't have anything to lose if he beats them ,but if he loses a race, well I don't know about you but if it were me I would feel pretty bad knowing I shouldn't be running with these guys in the first place.

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2006, 08:31 PM
James from Cuero.... i dont think his shadow has caught up to him yet....

shadow13
02-16-2006, 08:33 PM
After all ,it's a big jump from high school to College , DON'T YOU THINK!

shadow13
02-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
James from Cuero.... i dont think his shadow has caught up to him yet.... One thing is guarantee ( The sun will always set, you can count on that)

shadow13
02-16-2006, 08:54 PM
A little history on James: 2004 State Meet ,200m.
JAMES -21.66 7TH PLACE.
He was what 16-17 and that's fast very fast for a kid that age.
Skye Green : 16 - 21.4 easy, I can't wait to see him when he's 18-19.

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2006, 09:04 PM
A little history on James: 2004 State Meet ,200m.
JAMES -21.66 7TH PLACE.
He was what 16-17 and that's fast very fast for a kid that age.
Skye Green : 16 - 21.4 easy, I can't wait to see him when he's 18-19.

documented or your guess?

shadow13
02-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Now think about it, how could I guess 21.66 and 7th place.and if you are talking about the 21.4 ,nothing but a fact my friend.

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Now think about it, how could I guess 21.66 and 7th place.and if you are talking about the 21.4 ,nothing but a fact my friend.

i am talking the 21.4... which meet, and where was this timed at?

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2006, 09:33 PM
i am talking the 21.4... which meet, and where was this timed at?

and FAT or Hand-Timed?

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 09:36 PM
:rolleyes:Eligibility for Athletic Contests

The sole purpose of eligibility rules and contest regulations is to keep competition equitable and to maintain activities in proper perspective. It is the responsibility of each school to see that students do not compete unless they comply with all eligibility rules. It is also the responsibility of the student to observe and obey these standards. According to UIL standards, students are eligible to represent their school in interscholastic activities if they:

* have not graduated from high school,
* are full-time, day students in the school, and have been in regular attendance at the school since the 6th class day of the present school year, or have been in regular attendance for 15 or more calendar days before the contest or competition,
* are in compliance with state law and rules of the Commissioner of Education,(see TEA-UIL Side By Side)
* are enrolled in a four year, normal program of high school courses, and initially enrolled in the 9th grade not more than 4 years ago nor in the 10th grade not more than 3 years ago,
* were not recruited,
* are not in violation of the awards rule, and
* meet the specific eligibility requirements for academic, music and/or athletic competition.
* meet all the requirements above,
* are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest or have been granted eligibility based on a disability that delayed their education by at least one year,
* live with their parents inside the school district attendance zone their first year of attendance (see your school administrator for exceptions),
* have not enrolled in or audited a postsecondary athletic or physical education course,
* have not moved or changed schools for athletic purposes,
* have not violated the athletic amateur rule, and
* were eligible according to the fifteen day rule and the residence rule prior to district certification.

Schools may adopt stricter standards for eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities

Seems eligible to me ;)

shadow13
02-16-2006, 09:43 PM
summer track meet when he was 15, he ran 100, 4x100, 4x200 last year. he will be running the 200 more this year. ran 20.9 split on the relay running 1st leg, lane 1 at state meet last yr.

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2006, 09:44 PM
summer track meet when he was 15, he ran 100, 4x100, 4x200 last year. he will be running the 200 more this year. ran 20.9 split on the relay running 1st leg, lane 1 at state meet last yr.

a split doesnt say much... i saw an 8th grade Adrian Alaniz run a 48.7 split in the 4x400 relay... so yeah...

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Alaniz was a hell of an athlete .I know Cuero could not stop him on the football field .

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Alaniz was a hell of an athlete .I know Cuero could not stop him on the football field .

he was the opening leg on a team that featured him, julian ruiz, bubba heard, and roland cantu... yeah... those boys FLEW threw relays like it was nothing

shadow13
02-16-2006, 09:52 PM
:rolleyes:Eligibility for Athletic Contests

The sole purpose of eligibility rules and contest regulations is to keep competition equitable and to maintain activities in proper perspective. It is the responsibility of each school to see that students do not compete unless they comply with all eligibility rules. It is also the responsibility of the student to observe and obey these standards. According to UIL standards, students are eligible to represent their school in interscholastic activities if they:

* have not graduated from high school,
* are full-time, day students in the school, and have been in regular attendance at the school since the 6th class day of the present school year, or have been in regular attendance for 15 or more calendar days before the contest or competition,
* are in compliance with state law and rules of the Commissioner of Education,(see TEA-UIL Side By Side)
* are enrolled in a four year, normal program of high school courses, and initially enrolled in the 9th grade not more than 4 years ago nor in the 10th grade not more than 3 years ago,
* were not recruited,
* are not in violation of the awards rule, and
* meet the specific eligibility requirements for academic, music and/or athletic competition.
* meet all the requirements above,
* are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest or have been granted eligibility based on a disability that delayed their education by at least one year,
* live with their parents inside the school district attendance zone their first year of attendance (see your school administrator for exceptions),
* have not enrolled in or audited a postsecondary athletic or physical education course,
* have not moved or changed schools for athletic purposes,
* have not violated the athletic amateur rule, and
* were eligible according to the fifteen day rule and the residence rule prior to district certification.

Schools may adopt stricter standards for eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities

Seems eligible to me ;) What is your point there are some kids who turn 19 during their senior, because of repeating a grade in elementary or middle school, We all know he is eligible to run, that doesn't mean he shouldn't have graduated last year.Check for yourself he was born in 1986

shadow13
02-16-2006, 09:57 PM
I have seem alot of 1 year stars in my life time, all I can say to you is to keep tabs on Skye Green and try not to choke on all the crow you will be eating in the next 2 years.

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Well the way you talk you seem to think he shouldnt be running . I for one dont know what his date of birth is but for you to come on here and say that he should be ashamed for running against H.S kids is asinine. My question to you is--How many way's does a rule need to be written so that you can understand them ?
:thinking:

>>>E-L-I-G-I-B-L-E <<<

This is a trend that im sure many people on here have seen *parent's holding back a kid* for whatever purpose . Does that make it wrong ? -no- The rules are written by the UIL for a reason and any kid that obey these rules shall have that opportunity to participate in such contest. You nor I should be calling anyone out for any reason if these rules are obeyed<That my friend is my point

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2006, 09:59 PM
I have seem alot of 1 year stars in my life time, all I can say to you is to keep tabs on Skye Green and try not to choke on all the crow you will be eating in the next 2 years.

i would hope your one year star line isnt directed at who i mentioned... because if it is... i have two words: NATIONAL CHAMPS!

shadow13
02-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Well the way you talk you seem to think he shouldnt be running . I for one dont know what his date of birth is but for you to come on here and say that he should be ashamed for running against H.S kids is asinine. My question to you is--How many way's does a rule need to be written so that you can understand them ?
:thinking:
Truely a legit homer indeed, never said he was not eligible to run go back to the beginning and read it over, but first calm down...lol
>>>E-L-I-G-I-B-L-E <<<

shadow13
02-16-2006, 10:05 PM
i would hope your one year star line isnt directed at who i mentioned... because if it is... i have two words: NATIONAL CHAMPS! How many years 1

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Ha you brought this up not me -----open up a can of worms and say your piece and expect everyone to agree I'd say is asking a little much . Anything else you would like to discuss feel free...:D

shadow13
02-16-2006, 10:16 PM
If you say so , but I don't recall asking for anyones approval just how I feel about all the bragging on the older kid and if you and your other homers what to translate that into something else ,by all means go right ahead I have no problem with that.

44INAROW
02-16-2006, 10:17 PM
What is your point there are some kids who turn 19 during their senior, because of repeating a grade in elementary or middle school, We all know he is eligible to run, that doesn't mean he shouldn't have graduated last year.Check for yourself he was born in 1986

NEVER MIND.. sometimes it's just not worth it:rolleyes:

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 10:19 PM

I rest my case :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2006, 10:22 PM
i would be the non-homer.... and yeah... i doubt anyone is really as fast as the Cuero kid... some people are freaks of nature so add this kid to the side show....

Ranger Mom
02-16-2006, 10:22 PM
This is all confusing me!

I have a friend whose son was held back in kindergarton because the teacher felt he was not ready to go on to first grade at that time. His second year in kindergarton he was sufficiently caught up to move up to the first grade.

Fast forward several years down the line.....he played on all sports teams for 4 years of high school and was 19 his senior year.

So....as far as I know he was eligible all that time because nothing was ever done or said about it.

Does that fall under the rule of a "disability" or where does this come into play?

* are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest or have been granted eligibility based on a disability that delayed their education by at least one year

shadow13
02-16-2006, 10:26 PM
If you really want to talk about something let's talk about steroids, I heard that's a big issue in your part of the country.

44INAROW
02-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This is all confusing me!

I have a friend whose son was held back in kindergarton because the teacher felt he was not ready to go on to first grade at that time. His second year in kindergarton he was sufficiently caught up to move up to the first grade.

Fast forward several years down the line.....he played on all sports teams for 4 years of high school and was 19 his senior year.

So....as far as I know he was eligible all that time because nothing was ever done or said about it.

Does that fall under the rule of a "disability" or where does this come into play?

It's all OK as long as he doesn't beat somene more than 8 months younger than him in a track meet :D

44INAROW
02-16-2006, 10:28 PM
If you really want to talk about something let's talk about steroids, I heard that's a big issue in your part of the country.
OMG - :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 10:29 PM
* are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest or have been granted eligibility based on a disability that delayed their education by at least one year.

I think this should answer your Q.

Ranger Mom
02-16-2006, 10:30 PM

Let's not turn this into a rumor thread unless you have cold hard facts to back it up!

shadow13
02-16-2006, 10:31 PM
very good......LMAO

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 10:32 PM

LOL----We have Horse Traquilizers here get your facts straight .:kiss:

DaHop72
02-16-2006, 10:32 PM
My wife made up our minds, we will be going back every year from now on, whether anyone from Sweetwate is running or not.
Isn't this how this should read?:D :D :D :D

shadow13
02-16-2006, 10:33 PM
RANGER MOM just something i read is that ok

44INAROW
02-16-2006, 10:33 PM
LOL----We have Horse Traquilizers here get your facts straight .:kiss:

And they are effective on Jack-Asses as well I hear:p

Ranger Mom
02-16-2006, 10:34 PM
RANGER MOM just something i read is that ok

I am just going from previous posts where steroid use was brought up......those threads had to be closed because they got extremely heated!

mustang04
02-16-2006, 10:39 PM
CHILL EVERYONE!!!!!:mad:

ill settle this steroid question once and for freakin all....

NO! i dont take them...im just naturally this ripped and buff:) :kiss:

shadow13
02-16-2006, 10:40 PM
To settle the issue the kid from Cuero is fast as heck and is most likely the fastest kid in 3A this year. I guess I was just wishing he was in college this year where he belongs. that's all

West22
02-16-2006, 10:43 PM
i think madison has a kid who played running back this year that could contend in the 100 or 200

LH Panther Mom
02-16-2006, 10:43 PM
To settle the issue the kid from Cuero is fast as heck and is most likely the fastest kid in 3A this year. I guess I was just wishing he was in college this year where he belongs. that's all
Why does he belong in college when he hasn't graduated high school? And this was brought up a few months ago, if I remember correctly. It seems there's a problem here. :thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-16-2006, 10:44 PM
BYW...when IS the state track meet?

I would love to go this year!

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Why does he belong in college when he hasn't graduated high school? And this was brought up a few months ago, if I remember correctly. It seems there's a problem here. :thinking: :thinking: Another fact about Jack-Asses -----they have poor memory.

This is not a jab at anyone it's just a fact I READ about Jack-Asses ;)

shadow13
02-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Why does he belong in college when he hasn't graduated high school? And this was brought up a few months ago, if I remember correctly. It seems there's a problem here. :thinking: :thinking: the majority of kids i know who will 19 when they graduate from high school suppose to be college freshmen

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2006, 10:48 PM
BYW...when IS the state track meet?

I would love to go this year!

May 12-13 in Austin if you have never been to the State meet it's something you should go to at least once .

shadow13
02-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by West22
i think madison has a kid who played running back this year that could contend in the 100 or 200 Shawnbrey McNeil and yes very fast ,he will be the defending state champ in 3A - 100m.

44INAROW
02-16-2006, 11:09 PM
May 12-13 in Austin if you have never been to the State meet it's something you should go to at least once .

I agree, it is a great time. We run into the alot of same folks each year, many of them are just fans that go watch the kids participate; they don't know any of them personally.

Ranger Mom
02-16-2006, 11:12 PM
My poor husband..he loves the state track meet and his days off have NEVER fallen on that weekend since we have been married (almost 10 years).

I just went and looked at his days off after I got the date....he is off May 8 - 11 this year!:(

RMAC
02-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Dan Schmidt should go to state in discus this year to defend his title and possibly the shot as well. After looking at the region leaders in pole vault, Pecos McCool could very well make state w/ 14'6"; his best ever it 14', I believe. We also have a foreign exchange student, Henrick Geshonke from Germany, who ran a 1'50-something in the 200m the other day. I love it that he's fast and doesn't even realize it.

44INAROW
02-16-2006, 11:17 PM
My poor husband..he loves the state track meet and his days off have NEVER fallen on that weekend since we have been married (almost 10 years).

I just went and looked at his days off after I got the date....he is off May 8 - 11 this year!:(

maybe he'll come down with the "Midland Mid May Flu" this year :D

Ranger Mom
02-16-2006, 11:22 PM
maybe he'll come down with the "Midland Mid May Flu" this year :D

:rolleyes: Not hardly! The man has worked for the same company for 25 years and has NEVER taken a day off of work for being sick!

Chief Ohera
02-16-2006, 11:48 PM
chill ladies, just relax,
all these times are bogus, yes they may have ran them but, you have to factor in many things, most of the meets in texas are hand timed, most have plenty of wind which was the case in austin, and everyone knows that the UT track is the fastest one down south,, i don't care about these times, neither do college coaches, all they care about, is if these cats run these times consistenly and how they do at the texas relays, which has far more competetion than does the state 3a meet,
so ladies just chill and don't get to caught up on these cats, many things can happen, grades, work ethic, INJURIES, and just bad coaching, which a lot of track coaches in texas are football coaches coaching track on the side and they don't know a lick about the sport,
track is my speciality, so brothers no brash comments,
until next time.......................

buffalo2006
02-17-2006, 12:02 AM
The buffaloes had 4 or 5 kids run with the nike indoor track meets with college kids and we have a junior who has the one of the top 5 times in the 400.

mustang04
02-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
chill ladies, just relax,
track is my speciality, so brothers no brash comments,
until next time.......................

along with being annoying in my opinion:D :D :D

shadow13
02-17-2006, 03:47 AM
Chief you need to lay off the pipe man, seriously get some help.Unlike most sports, in track you compete against the clock not the individual.I teach my son to run for his personal best in time, and not to worry about what place he gets, that will take care of itself.

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2006, 03:48 AM
Chief you need to lay off the pipe man, seriously get some help.

i will agree with you on that one...

shadow13
02-17-2006, 04:01 AM
no hard feelings from our dispute earlier District 303 ,I realize i was alittle harsh, but didn't mean no harm.