PDA

View Full Version : NEWTON S WIN OVER SEALY

purple swarm
11-26-2001, 12:59 PM
SEALY HAD A NICE TEAM NO DOUBT. BUT A WIN IS A WIN NO MATTER HOW UGLY. NEWTON COULD NOT HOLD ON TO THE BALL IN THE SECOND HALF LETTING SEALY BACK IN THE GAME. SEALY ALMOST PULLED IT OUT. NEWTONS DEFENSE PLAYED WELL TO BE ON THE FIELD MOST OF THE SECOND HALF, BUT DID NOT PLAY NEARLY AS WELL AS THEY HAVE THIS SEASON ARE CAN PLAY.

duckbutter
11-26-2001, 02:35 PM
Newton does have a good defense and an explosive offense but they are lucky to be playing this week. If we play like we did against Sealy we won't be playing next week.

classof 85
11-26-2001, 02:48 PM
Sometimes you need a game like that to wake you're boys up.Hang in there I predict you will see the old newton team again this week. By the way in case you were wondering I think B.C. threw the ball about 6 times this week.The 1st play of the game Sweeney didn't even cover our split end Luther Sanders and we still ran up the Middle (good coaching huh) there were at least 6 plays in the game when we lined up in twins and they only lined up on the outside man. guess what NO PASS.But we pulled the game out on talent.

Sawyer21
11-26-2001, 05:58 PM
Quit using the old "Newton's defense was on the field most of the second half" excuse. Yes they were on the field a bunch in the second half, but guess what, so was Sealy's offense. They were tired too, but still managed to move the ball. You guys have a solid ballclub, be proud, but please quit making excuses for your "mighty" defense! Good luck against China Spring, but you better buckle up if you get to Rice Cons., they play real defense!!!!

Old Cardinal
11-26-2001, 06:53 PM
Newton typically does not turn the ball over-yes they struggled to win-you have to when you turn the ball over. I think that was as close. in score, that anyone will get to Newton in their drive for the State Championship......Rice is overrated-Newton will pound them good!

TheNewtonBoy
11-26-2001, 07:31 PM
Sealy had the best offensive line ive ever seen. That number 50 was bad to too tha bone. we prolly won't see an offenseive line like that again for the rest of the playoffs.

Sawyer21
11-26-2001, 09:33 PM
Mark my words, Rice is better!

Birdman
11-26-2001, 10:00 PM
Not that it matters this week, but I have seen Newton up-close and personal and have also seen Rice. If I had to play one or the other, I'll play Rice. Newton is a couple TD's better. This is no slight to Rice, they have a fine team. They are not Newton.

Husker98
11-27-2001, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Sawyer21:
Mark my words, Rice is better!

While you are running your mouth about Rice being better than Newton, you better be worrying about Giddings. They have won their playoffs games in convincing fashion. But if ya'll do get by them, you will see who is better. Rice does have a great defense, but so does Newton. I also think that Newton has a more explosive offense than Rice. So if ya'll play Newton, it will depend on which offense can move the ball.

[This message has been edited by Husker98 (edited November 27, 2001).]

duckbutter
11-27-2001, 10:55 AM
Newton needs to worry about China Springs first!

Backwoods
11-27-2001, 02:20 PM
Right on, Duckbutter. Seems like some folks don't realize that it's one game at a time. Lose one and it doesn't matter who's gonna play next week. China Spring is on this weeks menu.

Tiger Turtle
11-27-2001, 11:00 PM
Having seen both Rice and Newton, I have to agree - Newton's offense is more explosive. But, Sealy proved that you can drive on Newton, and Diggs has a knack for wearing out defenses on sheer size. If they do get to play, it will be a real dogfight. My guess would be Rice by 3, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.