PDA

View Full Version : UIL Ruling......

Cardinalbb
02-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Looking to get an exchange student for next year. Anyone know of the stipulations on that student being able to play football?

DaHop72
02-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Cardinalbb
Looking to get an exchange student for next year. Anyone know of the stipulations on that student being able to play football? Is he any good????:D :D :D

Cardinalbb
02-16-2006, 10:14 AM
I can see it now............a 260 lb Russian wrestler coming to the line saying........"I must break you!" I think there might be a market in this!

mustang04
02-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I can see it now............a 260 lb Russian wrestler coming to the line saying........"I must break you!" I think there might be a market in this!

hahaha....and then he'll come into the 4th quarter all beat up and say "you're dead" hahaha oh that was a great movie:D

Cardinalbb
02-16-2006, 10:17 AM
You watch entirely to many movies........yes it was a good movie.:D

mustang04
02-16-2006, 10:21 AM
You watch entirely to many movies........yes it was a good movie.:D
u know thats funny,. thats what everybody tells me just cuz i can remember quotes so easily....but its just funny how i grew up workin outside on our lil ranch and somehow i still had time to watch all those movies...oh wait, thats where it cut into my sleepy time haha

olddawggreen
02-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Foreign exchange students are eligible to participate in UIL events, both academic and athletic.

Hmmmm:thinking: This could be a great loop hole for recruiting :eek:

mustang04
02-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Foreign exchange students are eligible to participate in UIL events, both academic and athletic.

Hmmmm:thinking: This could be a great loop hole for recruiting :eek:
haha....have a russian speaking line, a utopian backfield, well hell, and russian coaches,cwould be stacked

and of course u have to have the american fans:D

Cardinalbb
02-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Recruiting for Football.........Germany, Russia, Ukraine,
I guess since they don't play football we would have to look for an athlete that would have agility., like a wrestler maybe.

This could get interesting.:D

Cardinalbb
02-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Geez, just looked at a kid from Germany who's 6'7 and plays basketball! Maybe he could play a little wide-out. I wonder what it would cost to feed a 6'7 high school boy/man?

Old Tiger
02-16-2006, 10:31 AM
They may have to play on JV regardless if they are a senior or not.

Bullaholic
02-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Look for a soccer player who can "hit" those PAT's and FG's.

Cardinalbb
02-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

Every party needs a pooper! Send me some information, cause I don't know. I was told they could play varsity, but that the paperwork had to begin once you knew who you were getting. And that would start this year for next year. If you know something different, let me know.

LH Panther Mom
02-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Every party needs a pooper! Send me some information, cause I don't know. I was told they could play varsity, but that the paperwork had to begin once you knew who you were getting. And that would start this year for next year. If you know something different, let me know.
Here's the link to UIL page on foreign exchange students. I haven't read any of the waiver stuff, but hopefully this will help answer your questions.

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/policy/for_exchange.html

3afan
02-16-2006, 10:46 AM

thats not true unless the rules have changed in the past 4-5 years

olddawggreen
02-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Actually as I understand it, Liberty Hill had a darn good basketball player not too many years back that was an exchange student.

LH Panther Mom
02-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Actually as I understand it, Liberty Hill had a darn good basketball player not too many years back that was an exchange student.
Yes, we did. I wish I could remember his name. :thinking:

SintonFan
02-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, we did. I wish I could remember his name. :thinking:
Tim Duncan... came from Saint Croix? Ring a bell?

raider red 2000
02-16-2006, 02:27 PM
exchange students dont have to play JV.

last year we had a kid named Marcus Patchke that played for us....kids called him Shotski.....i think he had a lot of fun. He was from Germany.

This year we have a girl that plays tennis.

i am sure that there is paper work, but the AD can worry about that.

Old Tiger
02-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, we did. I wish I could remember his name. :thinking: By remember, do you mean spell or pronounce?

mrescape43
02-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Foreign Exchange students can't play varsity without applying for and receiving an exemption from the parent residence rule. That is the way that I understand it.

LH Panther Mom
02-16-2006, 06:54 PM
By remember, do you mean spell or pronounce?
I don't remember that his name was that difficult to pronounce and I can see him in my mind, just can't remember his name. I guess I'll have to drag out the oldest one's yearbook.