PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Coaches

Trap Bait
02-15-2006, 08:09 PM
I've heard that the head coach and an offensive assistant are possible finalists at a few places? Any truth to these rumblings?

GreenMonster
02-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Trap Bait
I've heard that the head coach and an offensive assistant are possible finalists at a few places? Any truth to these rumblings?

I know that it is fact that Coach Nelms likes to apply and interview for jobs every year so that he is able to keep his interview skills sharp. While at Iowa Park he encouraged his entire staff to do the same. Practice makes perfect you know. As for whether any of the rumors are true, I have no idea. It is quite possible for him to be a finalist anywhere he applies. You'd have to be a fool not to want to hire the man. I loved playing for him and would to this day walk through a wall for him if that is what he asked me to do. Add on the fact that he now has a Title under his belt he is a very hot commodity.

hawkfan
02-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I know that it is fact that Coach Nelms likes to apply and interview for jobs every year so that he is able to keep his interview skills sharp. While at Iowa Park he encouraged his entire staff to do the same. Practice makes perfect you know. As for whether any of the rumors are true, I have no idea. It is quite possible for him to be a finalist anywhere he applies. You'd have to be a fool not to want to hire the man. I loved playing for him and would to this day walk through a wall for him if that is what he asked me to do. Add on the fact that he now has a Title under his belt he is a very hot commodity.

What year did you graduate?

GreenMonster
02-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
What year did you graduate?

hawkfan
02-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

Cool. Class of 1998 here.

injuredinmelee
02-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Would have been 90 here but I moved to Old High.