PDA

View Full Version : Did Perryton Ever Hire?

trenchdweller
02-15-2006, 07:56 PM
I have been out of the loop for a while, did they ever hire?

trenchdweller
02-15-2006, 11:12 PM
ttt

trenchdweller
02-16-2006, 11:00 AM
ttt

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-16-2006, 02:59 PM
So far up there no one knows????

Old Tiger
02-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I haven't heard anything.

LH Panther Mom
02-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I read that the Supt. has made a recommendation and the school board is supposed to vote on Feb. 23.

NateDawg39
02-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I read that the Supt. has made a recommendation and the school board is supposed to vote on Feb. 23. Maybe they will get one pretty soon.

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Why did the old coach leave? I know he
blew a play-off game against us a couple
of years ago. All Perryton had to do was
run out the clock on our own three yard
line and he tried to score a TD. The RB
fumbled and we drove it the length of
the field in the waning seconds for a TD.
Final score Sweetwater 28...Perryton 27.
Just wondering if he was "re-assigned"
or what.

trenchdweller
02-17-2006, 10:40 PM
"the old coach" reported coach hugg from crosbyton will be the new coach. congrats

GreenMonster
02-18-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Why did the old coach leave? I know he
blew a play-off game against us a couple
of years ago. All Perryton had to do was
run out the clock on our own three yard
line and he tried to score a TD. The RB
fumbled and we drove it the length of
the field in the waning seconds for a TD.
Final score Sweetwater 28...Perryton 27.
Just wondering if he was "re-assigned"
or what.

He retired

football4life
02-18-2006, 12:26 PM
I havent seen anything in the news recently unless i missed it.

Phantom Stang
02-18-2006, 01:59 PM
From the Amarillo Globe:
============================

PERRYTON - Perryton Independent School District Superintendent Mike Jackson announced Thursday his recommendation of Neal Hugg to become athletics director and head football coach.
The recommendation will go before Perryton's seven-person school board Feb. 23.

Former head football coach Gary Newcomb retired in November as the school's all-time wins leader. Athletics director and head baseball coach Bill Merrell will focus on his assistant football coaching and baseball coaching duties.

Hugg has been the athletics director and head football coach at Class 1A Crosbyton the past eight years, carrying a record of 41-43.

"He's a person of outstanding character," Jackson said. "He knows all the Xs and Os, and he knows how to design and run a program. I'm confident he's the right person for the job."

Chris Hart
02-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Man, Huggs didn't have a very good record at Crosbyton. Perryton is used to winning in football, I wonder if this will be a good hire. Who's in Crosbyton's district? Were they in a tough district where it was just hard to win? I would think Perryton would go after someone who has been more successful. Maybe the Sup. and Huggs are friends.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Man, Huggs didn't have a very good record at Crosbyton. Perryton is used to winning in football, I wonder if this will be a good hire. Who's in Crosbyton's district? Were they in a tough district where it was just hard to win? I would think Perryton would go after someone who has been more successful. Maybe the Sup. and Huggs are friends.:thinking:
Obviously, I haven't kept up with my alma mater too well, since I had never heard of Coach Huggs. :doh: New Deal & Hale Center are generally the teams to beat district, even back in the clay tablet days when I was in school. I wondered if there might be a prior connection between them, as well.

VWG
02-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Obviously, I haven't kept up with my alma mater too well, since I had never heard of Coach Huggs. :doh: New Deal & Hale Center are generally the teams to beat district, even back in the clay tablet days when I was in school. I wondered if there might be a prior connection between them, as well.

New Deal is still kickin' tail in the Lubbock area.

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by VWG
New Deal is still kickin' tail in the Lubbock area.
One of the worst games I ever attended, as far as weather, was my Sr. year against New Deal. Butt-ugly cold, wind, snow & sleet...probably the one night I was thankful for the wool band uniforms. Coach Vance has a story about that same night. We got our tails handed to us.