PDA

View Full Version : Is there where injuredinmelee lives???

big daddy russ
02-15-2006, 05:17 PM
http://i17.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/ae/9e/cd_1.JPG

I've been looking around for a cheap house to buy and fix up when I move in the fall. Finally checked out ebay, happened to come across that place, and something clicked.

I had always wondered where Buffalo Gap was. I forgot who lived there but I knew it was a downlower, then I saw it on another thread just now.

So injured, feel like giving me the 3ADL "family discount" on the place? Will you throw the golden gate in free?

link (http://cgi.ebay.com/12000sf-Custom-Gated-Italian-Villa-Mansion-Estate-Texas_W0QQitemZ4424225451QQcategoryZ12605QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem)

Ranger Mom
02-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Buffalo Gap road goes into Abilene.....that house is not in "Buffalo Gap" I wouldn't think.

I remember going to a big party/BBQ at a park in Buffalo Gap back in the day!!

MHSvarsity2007
02-15-2006, 05:31 PM
that house doesn't look like that now. it's kinda run-down.

Buccaneer
02-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Which school district is it located in?

Snyder_TigerFan
02-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Which school district is it located in?

That would probably be the Wylie district.

MHSvarsity2007
02-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
That would probably be the Wylie district.

im pretty sure it is...WHS is like right down the street and around the corner.

STANG RED
02-15-2006, 05:39 PM
It's actaully alot closer to Abilene than Buffalo Gap. It used to be out there all by itself, but there has been a bunch of houses built out there in the last few years. It used to be a real neat place, but I hear it really needs alot of work now. You may be able to get it for a bargain now, but it might also end up being a money pit.

MHSvarsity2007
02-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
It's actaully alot closer to Abilene than Buffalo Gap. It used to be out there all by itself, but there has been a bunch of houses built out there in the last few years. It used to be a real neat place, but I hear it really needs alot of work now. You may be able to get it for a bargain now, but it might also end up being a money pit.

somebody was saying that it would be cheaper to tear it down and rebuild it than it would be to try and fix it. but that was just word around the campfire, idk if thats true.

Ranger Mom
02-15-2006, 05:43 PM
They sure aren't listing it at a bargain price!

Advertised price: US $1,277,000.00:eek:

big daddy russ
02-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
...You may be able to get it for a bargain now, but it might also end up being a money pit.
Yeah, I'm poor. Looking more in the $30K-$45K range (or less), just joking around with that pic. Just thought it was a crazy coincidence.

I'm actually looking for something that would net a lot of money with minimal investment. I'll be living there for the next 3-5 years while I'm finishing up school, so I'll have time to do the work on it. A little extra work isn't a big deal. Extra money is.

I'll probably wind up in the San Marcos area (been looking in NB, Canyon Lake, Seguin, Wimberly, Buda Hays ISD, etc.) so I've been focusing there, but there's always the outside chance that I'll get accepted to Auburn...

...OK, no there's not. Still, $600 a month towards your own house beats the hell out of $350 a month to an apartment I'll share with two or three 19 year-olds (no offense guys) and I'll never own.

injuredinmelee
02-15-2006, 05:57 PM
that place used to be amazing. The inside is immaculate I thinkbut the outside nees alot of work. I pass it everyday.

wildstangs
02-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I think it was actually sold a few months ago. Would be a wonderful house if it was remodeled. The original owner was a motel owner around here.

STANG RED
02-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
They sure aren't listing it at a bargain price!

Advertised price: US $1,277,000.00:eek:

Thats why its been on the market for several years.
For that kind of money, you could build one helluva nice place, even in the Wylie district.
It may have a good bit of land with it also though. That whole area out there is developments now, so if it has much land with it, the land would be worth a fortune. Does it list how much land comes with the house.

RMAC
02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
When I lived in Abilene I rode the bus by that place every day from 3rd through 8th grade and there was always some couple or somebody thinking that they could fix it. It looks the same today, if not worse, than it did when I started 3rd grade. Blow it up, sell the land. It's located in a nicer neighborhood and could probably fetch a little bit for 2 larger lots.