PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Basketball

Milk That Cow
02-15-2006, 02:53 PM
How could you "not" make it to the Playoffs with all that talent....

What Happened???

scotty
02-15-2006, 03:21 PM
There are going to be a lot of teams in the playoffs that aren't nearly as good as Bellville or Sealy. They just happen to be in a real tough basketball district. Bellville's Mosley and Sealy's Palmer are the best individual players around. However, for either of the district teams to make it to the regional tournament would have to be considered a long shot. My opinion.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Both Bellville and Sealy had a very good team this year, its a shame that the only teams that beat the #1 and #2 teams are not even in the play-offs, Bellville beating Hempstead and Navasota, and sealy Beating Hempstead.
One thing on the Bellville Sealy game, this was a very good game last night, going into multiple over-times, in the 1st Ot Bellville hit a 3 to tie with about 40 seconds left, got the ball back from Sealy and held on for the last shot. Mosley gets the ball and with 2.5 seconds left he shots and was hammerd by a Sealy defender, foul called you say, and Mosley hits one to win the game????
The foul was never called, I could see if it was a tap, but he was hit hard. I know the refs have a hard jod but if everyone in the stands see it you would think the ref would also!!!!
Good luck to Hempstead, Navasota, and Rice!!!!!

raider4life
02-15-2006, 09:15 PM
You guys have a great team. Mosesly will do wonders in college and im sure Palmer will also being going somewhere as well. I have no idea how this tie-breaker worked, and if anyone knows could you please inform me? Oh and don't worry fellas, we wont letcha down...we're sick of playing cameron in the playoffs and getting beat, so i hope they bring they like A++++++++ game cuz they are sure gonna need it.

scotty
02-16-2006, 07:58 AM
In head-to-head competition, Rice beat Sealy 2-0; Sealy beat Bellville 2-0; Rice and Bellville split 1-1. So when you add the wins in head-to-head competition Rice stands at 3-1; Sealy 2-2; and Bellville 1-3. That decided who went to the playoffs.

neck_06
02-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by scotty
In head-to-head competition, Rice beat Sealy 2-0; Sealy beat Bellville 2-0; Rice and Bellville split 1-1. So when you add the wins in head-to-head competition Rice stands at 3-1; Sealy 2-2; and Bellville 1-3. That decided who went to the playoffs.

so if bellville hadn't screwed up and lost to Rice, they would still be playing.........:doh:

UPanIN
02-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
The foul was never called, I could see if it was a tap, but he was hit hard. I know the refs have a hard jod but if everyone in the stands see it you would think the ref would also!!!!
Good luck to Hempstead, Navasota, and Rice!!!!!

Refs! Can't live with them Can't live without them. :confused: :thinking:

scotty
02-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Is it only my imagination but it seems that every time Bellville loses in no matter what sport they are always being shorted by an official’s call or a no call, or they would have won if the kid hadn’t miss-played a couple of kickoffs or the coach made a terrible decision, it’s always something like that… they never actually lose. Like it or not, those things are all part of the game. There isn’t any doubt in my mind that Bellville has also won some games as a result of a call or a no call. In most cases a truly superior team overcomes those calls and wins in spite of them.

chugbug
02-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Bellville get over it .Sealy beat your A@#. The Refs did not beat you. Sealy did. I know that is hard to swallow. But Sh#% happens. Go Raiders, beat Cameron.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

venomous tat2
02-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by scotty
There are going to be a lot of teams in the playoffs that aren't nearly as good as Bellville or Sealy. They just happen to be in a real tough basketball district. Bellville's Mosley and Sealy's Palmer are the best individual players around. However, for either of the district teams to make it to the regional tournament would have to be considered a long shot. My opinion.

Thanks for your no vote of confidence Mr. Scotty The dist reps of 20 3A really needed to see this. Have you looked at the bracket
for region 3 if not take a look UIL web page. Personally I think Rice can go deep, Hempstead can go deep, Navasota can go deep
Now if Bellville had made it it would have been hard to stop them.
By the way It's a long shot for anybody to make it to regionals
the door is wide open. Bottom line you should have incouragement for these young men that are reps of your dist
thats what we do when you make it in football and baseball. I'm in no way upset or anything I felt like you should incourage the teams from dist 20 to do well.
Lets make some noise Rice, Hempstead, And Navasota
:clap: :clap: :clap:

raider4life
02-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
so if bellville hadn't screwed up and lost to Rice, they would still be playing.........:doh:

who said they screwed up?

KL3
02-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Sucks that Bellville didn't make the playoffs and others from around the state didn't get to see Mosely play. The guy dominated the competition this year like few have done. 21 points, 14 rebounds, 8 blocks a game is just ridiculous. TexasHoops ranks him as the best player in 3A and #26 overall in Texas.

raider4life
02-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Rice still shut him down.

KL3
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by raider4life
Rice still shut him down.

You might want to chalk that game up as an extreme off night for Mosely. He did not have many points that game, but I'm pretty sure he still had over 10 boards and 10 blocks. If thats what you call "shutting him down", then I guess that just shows how great of a player he is. He was also in foul trouble a lot of the game, so he put up those numbers in limited time.

Here are a couple of stat lines Mosley had vs. Hempstead and Navasota in the 2nd round of district play, the 1st and 2nd place teams in the district:

vs. Hempstead
36 points, 16 rebounds, 9 blocks, 5 assists

vs. Navasota
26 points, 13 rebounds, 10 blocks, 4 steals, 3 assists

raider4life
02-16-2006, 10:45 PM
and that is exactly why bellville DID NOT make the playoffs. they are a one man team. when a player scores 36 points in a game when the team only scores about 50, there isn't much of a team there. and when he played us he had 6 points 8 boards and 7 blocks, and according to your stats that seems to be WAAAAAAY below avg. for him, so yes we did shut him down. you guys just think ya'll deserve everything cuz you have a guy like mosely. well having a team full of guys that are prolly 1/8 of the guy is a whole lot better than a team of just one. and the standings prove it.

Specklebelly
02-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by KL3
You might want to chalk that game up as an extreme off night for Mosely. He did not have many points that game, but I'm pretty sure he still had over 10 boards and 10 blocks. If thats what you call "shutting him down", then I guess that just shows how great of a player he is. He was also in foul trouble a lot of the game, so he put up those numbers in limited time.

Here are a couple of stat lines Mosley had vs. Hempstead and Navasota in the 2nd round of district play, the 1st and 2nd place teams in the district:

vs. Hempstead
36 points, 16 rebounds, 9 blocks, 5 assists

vs. Navasota
26 points, 13 rebounds, 10 blocks, 4 steals, 3 assists

Actually, Rice did shut him down. They were the one team in the district with a 6'6" and a 6'5" to throw at him (thats a Soph and Freshman by the way, 2A's going to love them). Makes you wonder how good he will be when he's playing kids his size night in and night out.

TheTK56
02-17-2006, 08:03 AM
I wish Sealy would have had there full team when we played Rice both times. I'm not complaining but its sad when you got a 3-way tie and you don't even have a play-off for it. I understand of the ruling but its just not right. Sealy was on a roll and could not be stopped. Nobody gave us a chance against Hempstead and Bellville and we went out and beat both of them. Those last two weeks of the season were by far the best times i have had playing basketball. It was a downer when i heard we werent getting a shot for the play-offs but we couldnt do anything about it. This was my last year to play and it will stay with me for the rest of my life. I would like to wish Hempstead, Navasota and Rice good luck in the play-offs.

seasick4
02-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Looks like to me its about as fair as fair can be!!

should have beaten Rice one time...

everything happens for a reason...

we should have beaten yall once as well...

GUT
02-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Fact: Rice out coached Bellville first time. I saw Rice play us here
more disipline and the desire to win was the difference in this one. Lots of talent and the best dont always make it to playoffs.

Johnny Utah
02-17-2006, 03:16 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about the underclassman at Rice. They should be a force in 2a!!!

KL3
02-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Like I said above, you can chalk that 1 game vs. Rice up to Mosley having an "off" game. He was in foul trouble and still put up those above average numbers in limited time. Can any of you Rice fans tell me what he did vs. Rice in the 2nd round of district?

TK56, I'm still wondering how Sealy got those players back on the team. I saw in the paper that your best player got arrested for stealing and a couple weeks later, he's back on the team?

raider4life
02-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Mosely helped beat us the 2nd time around, but he still didn't put up his "bad@$$" numbers against us. he had i think 17 points or so, 10 rebs, and about 7 blocks. and again, according to your stats thats still below par. just face it, bellvilles college prospect wasn't enough.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Like I said above, you can chalk that 1 game vs. Rice up to Mosley having an "off" game. He was in foul trouble and still put up those above average numbers in limited time. Can any of you Rice fans tell me what he did vs. Rice in the 2nd round of district?

TK56, I'm still wondering how Sealy got those players back on the team. I saw in the paper that your best player got arrested for stealing and a couple weeks later, he's back on the team?

A police officer from Sealy told me about the stealing incident, right after it happened. This was before district started, and he said that this persons playing days in High School was over. Two weeks later this person was back out on the court?????

TK56 the night you beat Hempstead by 1, they also did not have there full team, 2 were out for fighting after the Bellville game, and 1 had a sprained ankle.

KL3
02-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Raider4life, its funny that Mosley almost put up a triple double against you guys and you are celebrating like you controlled him.

raider4life
02-18-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm just celebrating the fact that rice made the playoffs and bellville didn't because rice has a team instead of just one player. and if you didn't get the point the first 2 times i made it, we still held your precious player to below average. sure your one player can beat hempstead and navasota with outragous numbers, but when we play ya'll and we hold him below average and you barely beat us you guys think ya'll are unstoppable. but hey, if that's whats gonna get the train rollin for you guys next year then so be it.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by raider4life
I'm just celebrating the fact that rice made the playoffs and bellville didn't because rice has a team instead of just one player. and if you didn't get the point the first 2 times i made it, we still held your precious player to below average. sure your one player can beat hempstead and navasota with outragous numbers, but when we play ya'll and we hold him below average and you barely beat us you guys think ya'll are unstoppable. but hey, if that's whats gonna get the train rollin for you guys next year then so be it.

For your information raider, Bellville has 4 other players on the court also, not just one. You said we barely beat you? the score was Bellville 66 Rice 57, thats barely? In that game Mosely had 18 points, Emshoff 15, Conley, 14, Bryant 8, Ledbetter 6, Crawford 3, and Phillips 3. Looks like a team effort to me!!!!
You need to do your trash talking know, because you sure cant do it during football season!!!!

KL3
02-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Former, c'mon now, we wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of raider4life's rant now would we? It looks like pretty balanced scoring there for Bellville in that game.

By the way, in that 2nd district matchup vs. Bellville and Rice, Mosley had 18 points(only 3 below his avg), 10 rebounds, 10 blocks, and 4 assists. A triple-double.

XMan
02-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Serves Bellville right to get outcoached in hoops. Bellville hasnt hired an actual basketball coach in about 20 years. Every year they hire some new guy that is just a football assistant forced into coaching hoops. If I were the parent of a Bellville hoopster, I would not be too happy with such a hiring policy.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Serves Bellville right to get outcoached in hoops. Bellville hasnt hired an actual basketball coach in about 20 years. Every year they hire some new guy that is just a football assistant forced into coaching hoops. If I were the parent of a Bellville hoopster, I would not be too happy with such a hiring policy.

You are right Xman, It would have been nice to have an actual Basketball coach to lead this team this year, they might have won a few more games. The Superintendent of Bellville schools son is on the team, and is a great player. You would think his vote would be for a actual Basketball coach.

2kool
02-19-2006, 10:54 PM
this same team last summer ran over 5a in 4a school

2kool
02-19-2006, 10:56 PM
i think joshua bryant dad coach the team

XMan
02-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Summer youth leagues and high school athletics are not even comparable. It is one thing to win in the summer but another to win during a high school season, doesnt matter what sport it is. In the summer, the "coach" gets the guys together and gets them to the game, there is not much "coaching" to it. The fact is that no one in the community feels that basketball is important, girls or boys, so nothing is ever done about it. On the girls side, the volleyball coach has run the girls hoops program into the ground for almost 30 years. In the mid 70's Bellville was a girls basketball power. I can remember sitting in the stands during their big girls tournament and watching all the 4A and 5A come play. Does anyone really think that the girls can be athletic enough to win 7 volleyball state championships but not be athletic enough for hoops? The girls are told not to play basketball so that it doesnt interfere with year round volleyball. The same thing happens on the boys side. Football rules the town and every other sport takes it up the rear. Time for the Brahma Nation to wake up. Hey, Brahma22, how did Jr. Hi hoops go in Ctown this year. Coaching isnt nearly as easy as critiquing is it?

later,
xman

ps: i hope i have offended all

chugbug
02-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Bellville, you guys need to take a long look at your program. You say that you have all of this talent, and I believe this to be true. However Giddings knocks you out of the football playoffs in the first round and you don't make the playoffs in basketball. That can mean only one thing. You need to take a hard look at your coaching staff. Maybe it is time for a change.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

BTEXDAD
02-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by XMan
The fact is that no one in the community feels that basketball is important, girls or boys, so nothing is ever done about it. On the girls side, the volleyball coach has run the girls hoops program into the ground for almost 30 years. In the mid 70's Bellville was a girls basketball power. I can remember sitting in the stands during their big girls tournament and watching all the 4A and 5A come play. Does anyone really think that the girls can be athletic enough to win 7 volleyball state championships but not be athletic enough for hoops? The girls are told not to play basketball so that it doesnt interfere with year round volleyball. The same thing happens on the boys side. Football rules the town and every other sport takes it up the rear.
later,
xman

ps: i hope i have offended all

It's actually nine vb state championships, but everything else pretty much correct, exman, and you didn't offend me.
Girls went to state in basketball two years in row in late seventies, but didn't win it all. In those days the bellville girls bball tourney was one of biggest and most prestigious in houston area.
Club volleyball now going on in winter and spring which affects numbers in basketball and softball and I guess other sports also.

Bellville22
02-21-2006, 02:15 PM
XMan, check PMs.

BTEXDAD
02-21-2006, 02:16 PM
I do have a question if someone can verify things for me. Supposedly there are fall sports, winter sports and spring sports, and if individual playing fall sport you can't move to winter sport until season over, and can't move from winter to spring until winter sport over. You can do dual sports as long as they are in same season such as golf and track.
Example: If girl playing v-ball or boy playing football, they can't move to basketball until their fall season over. (I apologize if I asked this already on downlow). Then, they can't move from basketball to spring sport such as baseball or softball until basketball over, but once spring sports start, you can do more than one.
This really messes with basketball program. Late getting all players and many don't play because they'll be late getting into spring sports. If they do play basketball, then it negatively affects the spring sports since some of the participants are late getting started. Only sports not affected are King football and Queen volleyball (and cross country).
My question is: Is this actually UIL rules or is it just Bellville rules?

Reason I ask this is because there has been discussion about Bellville adding soccer program and one of the things mentioned was that soccer was winter sport that ends even later than basketball and would delay athletes from getting into spring sports.
I knew Brenham has athletes playing soccer and softball and other doing soccer and track at same time.
When I asked a couple brenham parents about that, they had never heard of fall, winter and spring sports and thought it was just if the coaches could work things out. ONe said, he did remember girl doing basketball and not playing softball till basketball over, but againg thought it was because of coach. Or maybe rules or correct, but soccer is actually considered spring sport. On UIL website, it only shows fall and spring sports. Basketball and soccer listed as spring sports.
Can someone set me straight?

Specklebelly
02-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by chugbug
Bellville, you guys need to take a long look at your program. You say that you have all of this talent, and I believe this to be true. However Giddings knocks you out of the football playoffs in the first round and you don't make the playoffs in basketball. That can mean only one thing. You need to take a hard look at your coaching staff. Maybe it is time for a change.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

I wouldn't blame the coaching staff for the Giddings loss. Giddings had a better team and will again this coming year when they beat Bellville in district. Bellville's football program is loaded with success from 7th grade on up and I think that's a testament to them keeping the same coach even through some lean years in the late 90's. There's something to be said for stability. Ask Bill Cowher and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

As for their bball team, they dont have a basketball coach. They did not have a team good enough to make the playoffs in this district though, regardless of coaching. They had the best player, hands down, but this district was tough enough where one player wouldn't get it done. The two best players in this district didn't make the playoffs (Mosley and Palmer) and that just shows it takes a little more than one player to get it done in a competitive district.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-21-2006, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Specklebelly
[B] Giddings had a better team and will again this coming year when they beat Bellville in district.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch!!!!!!

Specklebelly
02-21-2006, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Specklebelly
[B] Giddings had a better team and will again this coming year when they beat Bellville in district.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch!!!!!!

Apparently you dont remember that QB running for 250 yards and 7 TDs. He'll be a junior. Ill take him and go out on a limb with Giddings. They'll be my pre season state champ pick.

chugbug
02-22-2006, 12:06 PM
I wonder what The guy who is coaching the basketball team is thinking after reading this. I believe that they have had this person for awhile. Why are we ragging on this dude. If that is the case we might as well get on Chancellor to.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

clayton7
03-24-2006, 09:05 AM
I heard that the giddings qb only had one more year of eligibility. Thats just a rumor I heard, so dont swear by it.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by clayton7
I heard that the giddings qb only had one more year of eligibility. Thats just a rumor I heard, so dont swear by it.

Thats new news, anyone else hear know any more about this????

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Mosely was voted MVP of the district, way to go Nick, we will see you on the floor at U of H play hard for Tom Penders!!!!

Hoss
03-29-2006, 12:45 PM
The Bellville Boy's Basketball coach is a basketball coach. Yes, he does coach football, but he loves basketball and lives and dies with his team. Three of the top 5 ball handlers did not play or quit the team this year (personal reasons). All 3 have committed to play next year. 2 Soph started at the 1 and 2. They did a good job and will be a force in the years to come. Nick was great, but it is a team sport. He was double and tripled all year. Rice box and 1 him. Conley hit 5 threes verse rice the first time. Bellville will be fine in BBall...they are really young. Watch, look and listen. After Bellville crushes the comp in football, we will rock in BBall as well. Let the action speak and get off the coach. Watch a game in person and talk to the kids. Got a prob with the coach PM me and I will give you some insight!!!:cool:

Johnny Utah
03-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Well said Hoss!! I have known some really good basketball coaches that have coached at Bellville at one time or another. Could be a great place for hoops. Could be.

Cameron Crazy
03-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Should have made it to the playoffs..they have been eating way to much ice cream

clayton7
03-30-2006, 09:28 AM
For your information raider, Bellville has 4 other players on the court also, not just one. You said we barely beat you? the score was Bellville 66 Rice 57, thats barely? In that game Mosely had 18 points, Emshoff 15, Conley, 14, Bryant 8, Ledbetter 6, Crawford 3, and Phillips 3. Looks like a team effort to me!!!!
You need to do your trash talking know, because you sure cant do it during football season!!!!

Or baseball season...

clayton7
03-30-2006, 09:28 AM

Or baseball season...