PDA

View Full Version : sinton baseball

stickandmove
02-15-2006, 11:15 AM
How are the Pirates shaping up this season. It seems that their coach always gets the most out of his team. I heard their Q.B is also a pitcher.

pirate4state
02-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by stickandmove
How are the Pirates shaping up this season. It seems that their coach always gets the most out of his team. I heard their Q.B is also a pitcher. Yes, Daniel pitches but he is still playing basketball. I'm not sure who they have coming back from last year and can't even remember what kind of run, if any they made last year! :eek: :doh:

Maroon87
02-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I see we're playing Sinton again this year, March 25 at our place. I'm probably gonna be in town that weekend so if I can make it to the game we oughta have a little M&G. My bro-in-law and his bride to be are having their couples shower that day but if the time doesn't conflict I'm there.:cool:

Gp83
02-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Sinton scrimaged their varsity against our intire Gp squad last Friday night. Gp played varsity 4 innings, then JV 2 innings then fish 1 inning against Sintons varsity all 7 innings.

Sinton-12

Gp-6

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Sinton scrimaged their varsity against our intire Gp squad last Friday night. Gp played varsity 4 innings, then JV 2 innings then fish 1 inning against Sintons varsity all 7 innings.

Doesn't sound like the ideal way to scrimmage, but I guess the coaches had their reasons.:thinking:

SP-2-state
02-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Just a question 83 but what was the score entering the 5th inning of that scrimmage?

SINTON81
02-17-2006, 05:24 PM
ttt

Gp83
02-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SP-2-state
Just a question 83 but what was the score entering the 5th inning of that scrimmage?

I don't know? I just heard from a friend.

stickandmove
02-21-2006, 04:16 PM
I heard the scrimmage was jv or fri night then varsity on the following tue.

sinton66
02-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I see we're playing Sinton again this year, March 25 at our place. I'm probably gonna be in town that weekend so if I can make it to the game we oughta have a little M&G. My bro-in-law and his bride to be are having their couples shower that day but if the time doesn't conflict I'm there.:cool:

I still haven't seen a schedule yet, but a M&G sounds like a good plan. Is it an afternoon game?

stickandmove
02-22-2006, 12:10 PM
what is there coaches name again? I saw him a couple years back at the state tournament and was very impressed.

thanks.

District303aPastPlayer
02-22-2006, 12:12 PM
what is there coaches name again? I saw him a couple years back at the state tournament and was very impressed.

thanks.

if i spell this right, im a genius.,..

Kaspryzk

he has 3 state titles, and about 5 or so appearances there

Maroon87
02-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I still haven't seen a schedule yet, but a M&G sounds like a good plan. Is it an afternoon game?

On the Calallen schedule I saw it shows a 1pm start time.

pirate4state
02-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
if i spell this right, im a genius.,..

Kaspryzk

he has 3 state titles, and about 5 or so appearances there

:p You are not a genius!! :D

It is Kasprzyk

Sinton94
02-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Gp83

Sinton-12

Gp-6

Not true! Sinton played a lot of JV kids the entire game!:confused:

Hannibal
02-22-2006, 01:50 PM

thanks.

My freshman year in high school was his first year at Sinton. Played all four years for him. The man knows baseball.

Then ended up coaching against him in the same district. At a different school now and will try once again to beat him on March 6 in Sinton.

It doesn't hurt that his varsity assistant has been with him almost the whole time either. Coach Ynostrosa is also a great coach and man.

stickandmove
02-22-2006, 02:53 PM
consistancy within your staff is very important. Has his other assistants been there for a while also? His teams seemed very well coached in Austin.

District303aPastPlayer
02-22-2006, 02:54 PM
consistancy within your staff is very important. Has his other assistants been there for a while also? His teams seemed very well coached in Austin.

those two are the main two, but he breathes discipline... his teams are probably some of the sharpest ones you will ever see...

Hannibal
02-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I model my teams on what he taught me.

District303aPastPlayer
02-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
I model my teams on what he taught me.

im curious to where you coach at

Buccaneer
02-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Sinton plays Bloomington March 6.

Bloomington's head footbal coach is from Sinton. He probably is the baseball coach also.

sinton66
02-22-2006, 07:42 PM
I don't know if any of you know it or not, but Sinton's coach K was a starter for UT when he went to college. I remember seeing him play on tv years ago.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-23-2006, 12:24 AM
:) yea all his ex baseballers know that :D and hannibal he was coach the year before u were freshman as he took over half way thru the season the year before. His first full year was ur freshman year;)

Hannibal
02-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:) yea all his ex baseballers know that :D and hannibal he was coach the year before u were freshman as he took over half way thru the season the year before. His first full year was ur freshman year;)

I said "HIS FIRST YEAR IN SINTON." Coach Atzenhoffer was the head coach and Coach K took over when Coach Atz had to have surgery. he became the head coach my sophomore year, the year we lost to LaGrange in the regional finals. Remember the throw to home plate from centerfield? Martino was gunned out by six inches. Greatest throw I've ever seen.

Hannibal
02-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Sinton plays Bloomington March 6.

Bloomington's head footbal coach is from Sinton. He probably is the baseball coach also.

No, I am not the head football coach. Jesse got me to come up here with him this year.

I used to be the head baseball coach at Aransas Pass.