PDA

View Full Version : Jason is coming back...

Maroon87
02-15-2006, 10:05 AM
...but not THAT Jason.

Jason Vorhees Lives!
Tuesday February 14 6:50 PM ET

You just can't keep a good psycho killer down.

Hollywood testosterone king Michael Bay has been charged with breathing new life into Jason Vorhees and resurrecting the Friday the 13th franchise with a prequel.

Bay's production company, Platinum Dunes, will attempt to crank out the 11th installment in the hearty horror series for New Line Cinema by October--on Friday the 13th, natch.

Per the trades, Bay's company is scrambling to meet the pre-Halloween deadline. The script, by Mark Wheaton, is not yet finished and there's no immediate word on a director or cast.

The new, untitled chapter in the ongoing saga of the hockey-masked antihero Jason is purportedly going to be a prelude to Sean S. Cunningham's original Friday the 13th, which was released by Paramount in 1980. The horror classic followed the hacking up of various teens at Camp Crystal Lake. The low-budget gorefest grossed more than $40 million and spawned a franchise that eventually descended into camp with 1989's Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan.

New Line bought the rights to the never-say-die slasher series in 1993 from Paramount and churned out Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday that same year. But it was far from being the "final Friday": The studio embraced the space age by launching the series into orbit with 2001's Jason X.

The studio then decided to pit two of its aging horror icons against each other, Jason and Nightmare on Elm Street's Freddy Krueger, in 2003's battle royale, Jason vs. Freddy. The face-off scared its way to $82 million in ticket sales.

New Line has been trying to figure out more ways to unleash Jason on moviegoers in the past few years. First, the studio toyed with the idea of another combo deal, with Ash from the Evil Dead movies joining the fray. But that fell through when filmmaker Sam Raimi decided to relaunch Evil Dead separately.

Then, New Line reached out to Quentin Tarantino to put his stamp on the Friday the 13th franchise. Tarantino also passed.

Now it's up to Bay and his Platinum Dunes to do for Friday the 13th what it did with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The production company's 2003 remake of Massacre exceeded expectations, raking in more than $80 million and spawning a prequel, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning. The latter, starring Jordana Brewster, is scheduled to unspool Oct. 6, a week before the new Friday.

Bay is seeking a return to blockbuster form after last summer's box-office bomb The Island. His hit credits include Armageddon, Bad Boys II, Pearl Harbor and The Rock.

marlin fan
02-15-2006, 10:22 AM
lol not the direction i thought this was gonna go.... hehe

3afan
02-15-2006, 10:32 AM
have you ever seen both Jason's together ??? :thinking:

wos fan1
02-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Glad to see them making a new one!!

HighSchool Fan
02-15-2006, 12:47 PM
with that title, someone here probably had a heart attack :thinking:

I Love Pinetown
02-15-2006, 01:50 PM
there was nothing wrong with that boardie Jason at all. It just goes to show if you're not liked by a certain someone you automatically get banned.

Goes to also show that this isn't even a legit message board with people who have open minds I suppose.

Well...except for maybe a few people in charge. Other than that...the rest are like concrete boxes who sink to the bottom of the ocean.

mrescape43
02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by I Love Pinetown
there was nothing wrong with that boardie Jason at all. It just goes to show if you're not liked by a certain someone you automatically get banned.

Goes to also show that this isn't even a legit message board with people who have open minds I suppose.

Well...except for maybe a few people in charge. Other than that...the rest are like concrete boxes who sink to the bottom of the ocean.

:thinking: :thinking:

big daddy russ
02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Come again?

pirate4state
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
with that title, someone here probably had a heart attack :thinking:

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/tsmthud.gif

Well...except for maybe a few people in charge. Other than that...the rest are like concrete boxes who sink to the bottom of the ocean. http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/tsmyawn.gif

In the words of Charlie Brown, "good grief!" :rolleyes:

NateDawg39
02-15-2006, 02:28 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: Please stop making these movies!!! Make something like.....ANYTHING BUT ANOTHER JASON MOVIE!!!!

Old Tiger
02-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Glad to see them making a new one!! Maybe it won't completely suck either

I Love Pinetown
02-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Come again?

somethings aren't meant for others to "Understand"

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
deja do-do:cool:

pirate4state
02-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
deja do-do:cool: LOL!!

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/115/8995635/1046151397968_BeleiversSet.jpg :evillaugh

big daddy russ
02-15-2006, 04:34 PM
somethings aren't meant for others to "Understand"
Then why waste the effort to type them?

I Love Pinetown
02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Then why waste the effort to type them?

i didn't waste anything. You wasted your time trying to decipher it.

oh...and because I can

3afan
02-15-2006, 04:41 PM

oh...and because I can

this "style" seems awful familiar !!! :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
this "style" seems awful familiar !!! :thinking:

yessir...I was thinking the same...

Bullaholic
02-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Maybe A Name Disguised by infamY.

big daddy russ
02-15-2006, 04:56 PM

oh...and because I can
Scout's honor, didn't take any time whatsoever trying to decipher. I'm a simple-minded feller.

Did I just not put enough thought into it? Was that what I'm doing wrong? Does it have a secret meaning if you play it in reverse, like "Dark Side of the Moon?"

big daddy russ
02-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Maybe A Name Disguised by infamY.
NO. way, IT' haS. to be that Man whO DoESn'T. like MayO...

Under hiS brE.ath he OR.Ates and RE.verberaTes tHE tastY., THE. Sumptuous, tAste of a haMburgE.r witHout the condiMMM.ent...

3afan
02-15-2006, 05:09 PM

Under hiS brE.ath he OR.Ates and RE.verberaTes tHE tastY., THE. Sumptuous, tAste of a haMburgE.r witHout the condiMMM.ent...

Come again?

:D

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2006, 05:17 PM

Arrrrgh....that one took me awhile!:p

big daddy russ
02-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Come again?

:D
LOL.

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Arrrrgh....that one took me awhile!:p
I guess I didn't put enough thought into Piney's post, so I decided to make up for it with that one.

I Love Pinetown
02-15-2006, 05:23 PM
:)