xlr8
02-14-2006, 03:31 PM
It's nice to know there's fair-minded people on Earth

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 03:32 PM
I have fair hair.:p

Ranger Mom
02-14-2006, 03:33 PM
I hate when one of my threads get closed!
:(

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sorry.... :(

mrescape43
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM

Yeah me too! darnit!

Maroon87
02-14-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm fair minded...I just happen to not agree with you.

Ranger Mom
02-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm fair minded...I just happen to not agree with you.

I am the least political person I know....so when something I find interesting gets closed because someone has to turn it political....it makes me mad!!:mad:

marlin fan
02-14-2006, 03:43 PM
u have powers.... ROM em!!! :D

Bullaholic
Just one serious note for those taking offense at the mods actions and attitudes on politics or other "volatile" topics. These mods have proven by example that they are just as quick to "close" threads which are getting "out of bounds" whether the majority of "bashing" is initiated by "liberals" or" conservatives"---"gay" or "straight" sympathizers. That is a matter of record.

Maroon87
Dang it RM....I tried to edit my post to "de-politicize" it but you replied too quick!:p :D

NateDawg39
02-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Just one serious note for those taking offense at the mods actions and attitudes on politics or other "volatile" topics. These mods have proven by example that they are just as quick to "close" threads which are getting "out of bounds" whether the majority of "bashing" is initiated by "liberals" or" conservatives"---"gay" or "straight" sympathizers. That is a matter of record. Very well said.

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 03:45 PM
I am the least political person I know....so when something I find interesting gets closed because someone has to turn it political....it makes me mad!!:mad:
I found a new avatar for you.
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6548/lava200ir.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Ranger Mom
02-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Dang it RM....I tried to edit my post to "de-politicize" it but you replied too quick!:p :D

Haha...sorry! I went back and edited my quote...just for you!!;)

Blastoderm55
02-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Why do you have to close something interesting on the grounds that it is political? Rather than silencing naysayers, perhaps the moderators should give a bit more voice to those who don't share the same views as the majority.

There are certain things about this board that sicken me, the casual and (not so) humerous use of derogatory terms towards homosexuals being one of them. However, any opinions about this are met with more beligerance and these acts always go unpunished. Yet when someone speaks out against Bush, their topics are closed and they face the ridicule of nearly the entire board.

I love this board for the comraderie I find with other fans of high school football, but some of the members here really drag this place down.

DaHop72
02-14-2006, 03:49 PM
5). No political/religious topics.
Political topics involving American political parties and their current candidates for office and religious topics are forbidden. Both of these generally invoke problems and sometimes cause hard feelings.

Huh, could this be why?:thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Why do you have to close something interesting on the grounds that it is political? Rather than silencing naysayers, perhaps the moderators should give a bit more voice to those who don't share the same views as the majority.

There are certain things about this board that sicken me, the casual and (not so) humerous use of derogatory terms towards homosexuals being one of them. However, any opinions about this are met with more beligerance and these acts always go unpunished. Yet when someone speaks out against Bush, their topics are closed and they face the ridicule of nearly the entire board.

I love this board for the comraderie I find with other fans of high school football, but some of the members here really drag this place down.

The "no political post" rule has not always been there. That rule HAD to be put in several years ago because it got REALLY bad on here with both political parties bashing the other. To the point where foul language was being used, threats were being made and I sometimes felt like I was on a middle school playground rather than on a message board with a high percent of ADULT members!

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 03:57 PM
This one might fit RM.:)
http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/6876/lava129wd.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Ranger Mom
02-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
This one might fit RM.:)
http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/6876/lava129wd.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Thanks!!

Do you not like the one I have or something??

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks!!

Do you not like the one I have or something??
No, it's great. But you can change to the other one when you have another thread closed.;)

Ranger Mom
02-14-2006, 04:05 PM
I think I might just have to do an avatar a day......

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I can send you a few more sites. I found a few more decent ones this morn.

Blastoderm55
02-14-2006, 04:06 PM
The "no political post" rule has not always been there. That rule HAD to be put in several years ago because it got REALLY bad on here with both political parties bashing the other. To the point where foul language was being used, threats were being made and I sometimes felt like I was on a middle school playground rather than on a message board with a high percent of ADULT members!

I guess I didn't pay attention to the rule when I joined back in '04, if it was already in place by then. If political speech must be outlawed, then so be it. However, why is "fag" not considered profine while four letter words are? We wonder why high school kids are so confused when it comes to there sexuality. Perhaps its because not only are their peers degrading them, their parents are as well. Not saying its the board's job to be a moral authority, but if its trying to uphold a level of citizenship that would be acceptable in society, it shouldn't allow bigotry.

BullFrog Dad
02-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks!!

Do you not like the one I have or something?? I think Ranger Mom's is more relaxing than SintonFan's.

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2006, 04:07 PM

If these topics could be discussed in a civil manner, there might possibly be some leeway allowed. Unfortunately, I've not seen a discussion yet that remained a "discussion"....it always turns into a mud-slinging fest. My mother told me when I was still in high school that religion & politics were the two topics almost guaranteed to turn ugly. (I very rarely even discuss politics with my husband.)

HighSchool Fan
02-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
(I very rarely even discuss politics with my husband.)

he proably couldn't get a word in anyway :p :kiss: :D

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I heard he's a flaming liberal.:eek:

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2006, 04:11 PM
:flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :crazy:

Blastoderm55
02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
If these topics could be discussed in a civil manner, there might possibly be some leeway allowed. Unfortunately, I've not seen a discussion yet that remained a "discussion"....it always turns into a mud-slinging fest. My mother told me when I was still in high school that religion & politics were the two topics almost guaranteed to turn ugly. (I very rarely even discuss politics with my husband.)

My government teacher told me the same thing in high school. You lose touch with the fundamental after the Mormons and your grandparents do everything they can to recruit you into their religion. :p If they get to talk about their stuff, I should be able to as well.

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 04:15 PM
WOW!
Look at all the love for BBDE. 28 replies and 191 views.
Gotta give him some credit.

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2006, 04:17 PM
WOW!
Look at all the love for BBDE. 28 replies and 191 views.
Gotta give him some credit.
BBDE knows how I feel about him. :) He also knows I don't "do" politics with him either. ;)

Ranger Mom
02-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Well....all I got to say about that is....if you wanna talk politics, go to a political board.....if you wanna talk religion, go to a religion board.

If you wanna talk about avatars, horses that fetch beer, dogs names, unusual collections.....oh yeah, and some sport stuff too......go to 3Adownlow!!:D

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 04:21 PM
And don't forget about the POWER of BBDE's name to create a great and well thought out thread with lots of posts.
Gawd! I just wanna go hug a tree or something.:D

HighSchool Fan
02-14-2006, 04:22 PM

If you wanna talk about avatars, horses that fetch beer, dogs names, unusual collections.....oh yeah, and some sport stuff too......go to 3Adownlow!!:D

don't forget about band nerds

Ranger Mom
02-14-2006, 04:23 PM
don't forget about band nerds

Gee thanks...I was TRYING too!!

j/k Byron.....I luv ya!!:inlove: :kiss: :inlove:

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2006, 04:23 PM

LOL....Thanks for remembering Patches! :D

DaHop72
02-14-2006, 04:25 PM
BBDE knows how I feel about him. :) He also knows I don't "do" politics with him either. ;)
Or Rockdale80.:thumbsup:

mwynn05
02-14-2006, 04:32 PM
BBDE knows how I feel about him. :) He also knows I don't "do" politics with him either. ;) Why because you can't win and you're proven wrong?

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Why because you can't win and you're proven wrong?
Actually, it's because he's more hard-headed than I and I will never convince him that I'm right. ;)

xlr8
02-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
u have powers.... ROM em!!! :D

why, because they don't agree with you?

A nice little Nazi regime would fix your butt.

Bullaholic
02-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Does Dale Carnegie still offer courses?

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Does Dale Carnegie still offer courses?
Yes he does. Our very own Wes Atwood offers them in the Corpus area.:)

sinton66
02-14-2006, 08:51 PM
I guess I didn't pay attention to the rule when I joined back in '04, if it was already in place by then. If political speech must be outlawed, then so be it. However, why is "fag" not considered profine while four letter words are? We wonder why high school kids are so confused when it comes to there sexuality. Perhaps its because not only are their peers degrading them, their parents are as well. Not saying its the board's job to be a moral authority, but if its trying to uphold a level of citizenship that would be acceptable in society, it shouldn't allow bigotry.

We have shut down the gay bashing threads also. While I may not agree with their "alternative life style", I certainly don't think we need to engage in bashing them either.

slpybear the bullfan
02-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Just one serious note for those taking offense at the mods actions and attitudes on politics or other "volatile" topics. These mods have proven by example that they are just as quick to "close" threads which are getting "out of bounds" whether the majority of "bashing" is initiated by "liberals" or" conservatives"---"gay" or "straight" sympathizers. That is a matter of record.

Thank you Bullaholic. I am proud of our record as moderators. We make mistakes, but I think we get it right most of the time. I have always said we err on the side of being too lenient sometime.

There will always be that few who think you are out to get them or that we are despots, (Deo Vindice and all that...). But we really are just posters who try and keep the peace.

Appreciate it friend,

slpybear the bullfan
02-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by xlr8
why, because they don't agree with you?

A nice little Nazi regime would fix your butt.

Reference above post... "Despots..."

slpybear the bullfan
02-14-2006, 08:59 PM
horses that fetch beer

I love this country.

slpybear "Please bring me the Shiner mr. Ed!"

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-15-2006, 03:14 PM
And don't forget about the POWER of BBDE's name to create a great and well thought out thread with lots of posts.

Yeah, that goes for all of you.