PDA

View Full Version : Good riddance Natalie Maines

Ranger Mom
02-14-2006, 02:47 PM
I don't think any Midland radio stations have played Dixie Chicks since she stuck her foot in her mouth the first time!

Maines says she's finished with the genre and is none too pleased with the fans, basically labeling them as redneck hicks.

She tells Entertainment Weekly, "the stereotype is true."

"For me as a person, [The incident has] completely altered the course I was on," Maines tells Entertainment Weekly. "For me to be in country music to begin with was not who I was. I liked Martie and Emily's (the talented Dixie Chicks) playing, but I did not grow up liking country music."

"And I guess I was ignorant to the fact that the stereotypes behind country music were true — and it was disappointing."

Ouch. She wasn't finished trashing the fans of country music.

"So I'm pretty much done. They've shown their true colors. I like lots of country music, but as far as the industry and everything that happened... I couldn't want to be farther away from that," Maines told EW.

DaHop72
02-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't think any Midland radio stations have played Dixie Chicks since she stuck her foot in her mouth the first time!

Maines says she's finished with the genre and is none too pleased with the fans, basically labeling them as redneck hicks.

She tells Entertainment Weekly, "the stereotype is true."

"For me as a person, [The incident has] completely altered the course I was on," Maines tells Entertainment Weekly. "For me to be in country music to begin with was not who I was. I liked Martie and Emily's (the talented Dixie Chicks) playing, but I did not grow up liking country music."

"And I guess I was ignorant to the fact that the stereotypes behind country music were true — and it was disappointing."

Ouch. She wasn't finished trashing the fans of country music.

"So I'm pretty much done. They've shown their true colors. I like lots of country music, but as far as the industry and everything that happened... I couldn't want to be farther away from that," Maines told EW.
All I can say is, don't let the door hit you in the rear leaving.

JasperDog94
02-14-2006, 02:49 PM
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :tongue: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

STANG RED
02-14-2006, 02:51 PM
GOOD!!! GLAD THE BEOTCH IS GONE!
SHE MADE HER BED. NOW LET HER LIE IN IT.

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
"but I did not grow up liking country music."

What a snotty thing to say! I'm sure her dad, uncles and other family members are proud. I knew many of them for years and none of them were even remotely (except one ex-aunt) the snobs that she appears to be. :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Sweet, All-American girl-next-door. Wonder if Toby Keith and Charlie Daniels will throw her a "goodbye" party.

Maroon87
02-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Dang...that stinks. Her voice was so easy on the ears, too.:rolleyes:

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Goodness!
I guess she was right and everyone else was wrong. How about that? Talk about a Chixie *ick...

raider red 2000
02-14-2006, 02:56 PM
i dont think that she was always a snob.

it was all those people that bought her bad music that made her that way.

Hill Man
02-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Right on LHPM.
I went to school at Tech and used to love the Maines Brothers, always was a big draw at any venue at that time, were usally the warmup show for Ely or any big name that came to town. Heck I think I have some vinyl around here with thier name on it.

Too bad she has to step on that legacy and her god given talent.

kaorder1999
02-14-2006, 03:02 PM
later...wont miss ya!

xlr8
02-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Pfffft, biased narrow-minded Bush/DeLay backers calling the Dixie Chick a "SNOB?" That's a good one there.

STANG RED
02-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Notice how, after alianating her original fan base, all her johnny come lately bleeding heart fans rallied around her for about 5 minutes, then they were off to their next liberale, whinning, cry baby cause. Shouldnt that tell her something? It would, if she would have just been listening.

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by xlr8
Pfffft, biased narrow-minded Bush/DeLay backers calling the Dixie Chick a "SNOB?" That's a good one there.
lol
:hand:
I'd say her "shoe" is a better fit. Also, your statement shows muchos ignorance.:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Pfffft, biased narrow-minded nvm backers calling the Dixie Chick a "SNOB?" That's a good one there.
I hope you're not talking to me. I am the furthest thing from a snob and my opinion has absolutely nothing to do with anything political, nor should your post.

Bullaholic
02-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I hope you're not talking to me. I am the furthest thing from a snob and my opinion has absolutely nothing to do with anything political, nor should your post.

That right there, friends is what is known as free "Rookie Lesson No. 1".

xlr8
02-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
:hand:
I'd say her "shoe" is a better fit. Also, your statement shows muchos ignorance.:rolleyes:

Face it. This board is for no one but right-wing, snuff-swallowing, too-poor-to-be-Republican-but-figures-if-they-vote-that-way-they'll-appear-rich bigots.

First we're all told to avoid politics, then the moderators themselves put their two cents in. And then you call free thinkers hypocritical?

I'll refrain from getting political as long as every post that suggests any White House reference on here is cancelled before it first appears.

mrescape43
02-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Face it. This board is for no one but right-wing, snuff-swallowing, too-poor-to-be-Republican-but-figures-if-they-vote-that-way-they'll-appear-rich bigots.

First we're all told to avoid politics, then the moderators themselves put their two cents in. And then you call free thinkers hypocritical?

I'll refrain from getting political as long as every post that suggests any White House reference on here is cancelled before it first appears.

Hey Guys, I think that the Chief may have a friend on the DLOW afterall!:D :D

District303aPastPlayer
02-14-2006, 03:19 PM
bye bye :wave: :wave:

i was wrong on my bet about the Chief

District303aPastPlayer
02-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Hey Guys, I think that the Chief may have a friend on the DLOW afterall!:D :D

my thoughts exactly

mrescape43
02-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
bye bye :wave: :wave:

i was wrong on my bet about the Chief

Several of us were! haha

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 03:20 PM

lol
Have you read your profile?
Profile For xlr8 Search for all posts by this user.

Date Registered: 02-02-2006
Total Posts: 23 (1.93 posts per day)
Last Post: 02-14-2006 02:16 PM
Good riddance Natalie Maines
Contact xlr8: Click here to email xlr8
Send xlr8 a Private Message!
Homepage:
ICQ Number:
AOL Instant Messenger Handle:
Yahoo Instant Messenger Handle:
Birthday March 2, 1977
Biography
Location Hill Country
Interests hunting, fishing, spitting tobacco

I spit tobacco too
You take what is said on this board way too seriously.:hand:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-14-2006, 03:22 PM
The only reason that anyone had a feeling of ill-will towards her was because she spoke out on the actions of President Bush and criticized his ability to run our country. Everyone stood up and bashed her when she did, never taking into account that everyone has the freedom to speech, and now everyone who hates her is because she said what she truly believed in, and that is a shame.

Blastoderm55
02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

You take what is said on this board way too seriously.:hand:

The people who make it against rules to have civil discussions on the state of our country are the ones taking this board too seriously.

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2006, 03:33 PM

There was NO mention of politics ANYWHERE on this thread until you brought it up. Check your pm's.....

Originally posted by Blastoderm55
The people who make it against rules to have civil discussions on the state of our country are the ones taking this board too seriously.
Actually, I do not recall ever seeing a "civil" discussion when it comes to political opinions.

Ranger Mom
02-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There was NO mention of politics ANYWHERE on this thread until you brought it up. Check your pm's.....

Actually, I do not recall ever seeing a "civil" discussion when it comes to political opinions.

Amen Sister!

Where did "one of us moderators" mention the White House anyway??