PDA

View Full Version : Sealy?

CtownAggie
09-16-2001, 05:48 PM
What's the deal with Sealy? They beat defending state champ La Grange, but lose to Bellville the previous week. Is Bellville that good or did Sealy just take advantage of a weaker La Grange team? I just want to know what Cuero should expect from Sealy this Friday.

bd62
09-17-2001, 10:13 PM
SEALY LOOKS VERY GOOD. THEY HAVE GOOD SIZE AND VERY GOOD SPEED.THEY WERE QUICKER THAN LAGRANGE AND THAT WAS THE DIFFERENCE. LAGRANGE DID HAVE 3 TURNOVERS BUT ON THAT NITE SEALY WAS THE BETTER TEAM.
THIS WILL BE CUERO'S TOUGHEST GAME SO FAR AND THIS SHOULD BE A VERY GOOD GAME.

bd62
09-17-2001, 10:16 PM
ONE MORE COMMENT. A SEALY FAN TOLD ME THAT AGAINST BELLVILLE THEY HAD TROUBLE WITH SPECIAL TEAMS AND THAT WAS THE DIFFERENCE. NO SPECIAL TEAM PROBLEMS WHEN THEY PLAYED LAGRANGE

jykoy
10-25-2001, 10:45 PM
Bellville is actually just that good! Trust me, they know how to win coming off of two straight years in the playoffs; first with Jack Wallace running the show and then last year with Koy/Eagan/Hardin/Houston combo. This year, they know how to win and will defeat anyone in their way. Keep your eye's peeled.

bros543
10-26-2001, 11:24 AM
i think bellville still beats sealy if they play today, but maybe the game should have been closer..the seal/bellville rivalry is BACK in full speed, expect big games in the future..EXCITing

bros543
10-26-2001, 11:27 AM
also, i've talked to sealy fans, they grumbled about their coaches, this underlines what said on another post, that Tj mills was the difference in a few of the tiger vicories in the past

raiderman02
10-26-2001, 11:40 PM
if sealy is such a good team why did they lose to sweeny. and how dose everyone feel about sealy and rice in two weeks and who is the fav.

bros543
10-26-2001, 11:43 PM
i think sealy now loses its pride, after its second loss this season, i think rice , big

jykoy
10-26-2001, 11:45 PM
Rice, big. Sealy just lost their pride.

bros543
10-26-2001, 11:49 PM
umm, after watching rice tonight, Rice, really big....WOW rice won 69 - 8 tonight, i hate to see the losses now start to snowball for sealy. but our schedule is not getting easier!

[This message has been edited by bros543 (edited October 27, 2001).]

kegger
10-27-2001, 09:22 PM
i think that bellville beat sealy this year because they were overconfident and lacked the tool that bellville had. one touchdown was scored in special teams by the fast moving flanker chase kiecke. you cannot blame that loss on special teams. bellville just came more prepared and anxious for a win. expect more bellville defeats in that rivalry in the future.

Tiger Turtle
10-29-2001, 12:38 PM
With three bad snaps on punt attempts, two missed conversions and a touchdown on a punt runback, how can you NOT blame the loss on special teams? BTW, Sealy did not have a single bad snap on a kick in the six games they won after the Bellville game. They had one late in the Sweeny game that led to the winning score for the 'Dogs. In big games, special teams mistakes are magnified in importance.

bros543
10-30-2001, 10:11 PM
wah!! so i guess sealys poor specail teams makes them better than bellville and sweeny?!?

[This message has been edited by bros543 (edited November 01, 2001).]

bros543
11-01-2001, 06:21 PM
comments?!?!

Tiger Turtle
11-01-2001, 06:53 PM
No, you illiterate goober. The point is, Sealy suffered a total breakdown in that area of the Bellville game, leading directly to 16 points (2 TD's and a safety) for the Brahmas and also negative points for Sealy on the conversions they bungled. The post that said you couldn't blame the loss on special teams was ridiculous. Sealy won six straight games after the Bellville debacle including wins over LaGrange, Cuero, and Wharton, all of which ranked above them. During that stretch, they did not screw up on special teams. The next time they did, it cost them the Sweeny game, which was tied at 21 before the bungled punt gave the 'Dogs the ball on Sealy's 19 yard line. Based on the yardage, first downs, etc., the Bellville game looks relatively even on paper if you do not factor in Sealy's total inability to execute punts and/or place kicks. Sealy is good enough to play with just about anybody UNLESS they break down in special teams. They are not good enough to overcome that kind of screwup against GOOD teams, such as Bellville and Sweeny. Had they made those mistakes against LG or Cuero, they would not have beaten them, either. Is that a detailed enough explanation?

jykoy
11-02-2001, 12:54 AM
whatever...

Tiger Turtle
11-02-2001, 10:06 AM
Exactly. Unless Sealy somehow manages to hang in the playoffs until the semis (unlikely)it will all remain academic and Bellville has a firm grip on this year's bragging rights. Good luck in the playoffs.

bros543
11-02-2001, 07:18 PM
youre right turtle, but we can do without the cut downs.. by the way turtle, make yourself known to to jykoy and i, and you might become illiterate just like me http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by bros543 (edited November 02, 2001).]

Tiger Turtle
11-05-2001, 10:22 AM
I may be the only one in a Sealy hat at Bellville's playoff games if the Tigers lose early. Look for me at the top row of the bleachers.
BTW, I assume jy would be Jess Koy from last year's team, but I haven't figured you out yet.

kegger
11-05-2001, 10:47 PM
I still think that you can't say that special teams was the only reason sealy lost against bellville. The brahmas are just a better team and they would have beaten sealy even if sealy did execute on special teams.

Tiger Turtle
11-06-2001, 12:35 PM
That may indeed be the case. However, if Sealy executes the kicking game rather than having a TOTAL breakdown, the Brahmas might have had to work a lot harder to win rather than cruising. On that particular date, the two teams were not that far apart in the other phases of the game. How each has developed during the season is hard to gauge, since they both beat LaGrange, Sealy early and Bellville late. All ths will remain academic unless they somehow manage to meet again. Sealy is not really much of a factor this year, so what's the big deal? I am sure Coach Chancellor is not worrying about Sealy at this point, so why not look forward to the playoffs? That is where the real fun begins.

bros543
11-07-2001, 01:13 PM
tiger turtle, i'll look for ya, and we'll talk a little football.

Tiger Turtle
11-07-2001, 01:44 PM
Right on - let's one of us bring another state title back to Austin County!

jykoy
11-07-2001, 03:08 PM
That's the love we need to see in here!! Long live Sealy/Bellville!

BigTwanky
11-07-2001, 08:19 PM
What do ya'll think about Sealy vs Newton 2nd round of the playoffs...its should be inevitable!!! Then Newton vs Rice 3rd round...i honestly belive the winner of that game will take it all...

Tiger Turtle
11-08-2001, 11:12 AM
After all, Austin County IS the bastion of 3A football in Texas, as well as being a prolific source of fine young men for our service academies.

jykoy
11-08-2001, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't know much about Service Academies! Nah but really.. I am considering leaving and going to Texas (where I belong)...

Tiger Turtle
11-10-2001, 12:53 AM
Well, you have to do what's best for you, but at tu you will be just another kid in a sea of 40,000. Not many people get a shot at an AFA career. Best of luck to you whatever you decide. I know your family has a long history in Austin...

ProudMama
11-14-2001, 10:27 PM
Sealy had better not think about the second round just yet. They haven't faced Madisonville, yet!!!

Tiger Turtle
11-15-2001, 06:39 AM
Yep. Gotta take 'em one at a time.

BrahmaFan
11-15-2001, 07:22 AM
As for the Bellville--Sealy game...You talk about the special teams breakdown but what about Bellvilles two (2) fumbles lost inside Sealy's 20 yard line or the negative -27 yard total offense Sealy had in the first half...

jykoy
11-15-2001, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle:
Well, you have to do what's best for you, but at tu you will be just another kid in a sea of 40,000. Not many people get a shot at an AFA career. Best of luck to you whatever you decide. I know your family has a long history in Austin...
Well, it's true that my family has a long history in Austin, but that's not THE only reason I'm leaving. Although serving my country is a wonderful thing, I am not fit to be an officer. I dont completely believe I should stay in if I am not committed to the Air Force. Hell, I can't even FLY!!
But, I'll be back in Texas for Thanksgiving break in 4 days. See ya,