PDA

View Full Version : In A Bi-Partisan Gesture, Dick Cheney Invites Democrats To A...

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Weekend In Texas ...
Hemorreuters News
FRONT PAGE
February 13, 2006

The White House, reeling from defections within it's own Republican ranks, appears to making an attempt to repair the damage caused between the two major parties during the last four and a half years; the hope is that with some Democratic support several of President George W. Bush's initiatives for 2006 may be able to pass through Congress this session. In the spirit of furthering bi-partisan relations, Vice President Dick (Dick) Cheney has invited several key Democrats to spend a weekend with him at a ranch owned by Kathleen Armstrong, good friend of Mr. Cheney's.
This particular gesture is startling on several levels: first and foremost, it is surprising that as the Administration's ideological attack dog, the Vice President was the one to issue the invitation. Secondly, despite the fact that Republicans have been madly distancing themselves from Washington lobbyists and PACs, the trip to Texas is to be sponsored by the National Rifle Association (NRA). Lastly, no Republicans other than the Vice President himself and two Secret Service agents with a backhoe seem to be on the guest list.

Unnamed White House Source Wegman (Pudgy) Waterhouse, speaking on the condition of anonymity said, "It'll be fun. Everybody is always bitching and moaning about how we never consult with Democrats, never invite them to our parties and such…well, hopefully this will start to make up for it. We've sent invitations to John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Howard Dean and Barak Obama. They'll be a big Texas style BBQ with ribs and steaks and all the beer you can drink. Then, after a quick dip in the pool, we've set up a turkey shoot for all the guests. Not that anybody expects to bag a bird; we know that aside from John Kerry, none of the others are all that into hunting, so everyone will be free to just take a walk in the open air with the Vice President, just shooting the...breeze. And they can even keep their weapons unloaded if they want. Dick'll do all the heavy lifting."

As of this reporting none of the Democrats who have been issued invitations have formally responded to Mr. Cheney's invitation, but sources close to Barak Obama say there's no way they're letting their guy get within a hundred yards of a White man in Texas with a shotgun. Congresswoman Pelosi is said to be interested, but only if the body armor she ordered arrives in time. A spokesman for John Kerry intimated that a Silver Star, two Bronze Stars and three Purple Hearts didn't mean that the Massachusetts Senator was brave enough or crazy enough to face Dick (Dick) Cheney when he's shooting him the bird.
(from satiresearch.com)

STANG RED
02-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Ever since the story broke, I knew we would be seeing alot of these pretty soon. If I had the gift that good writers posses, I would have already created one of these myself. This one is funny!

SintonFan
02-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Ever since the story broke, I knew we would be seeing alot of these pretty soon. If I had the gift that good writers posses, I would have already created one of these myself. This one is funny!
There are tons of these on the web now. I've had fun with the last couple of days.