PDA

View Full Version : Sealy @ Cuero?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Will Sealy keep up the good work, or will there be a let down, in this one after beating La Grange? Anyone know any info on Cuero?
Give your pick?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Well, not to much interest in this on yet. Im sure it will pick up? I still would like to know what Cuero has?

Gobbla2001
09-14-2003, 09:50 PM
We'll be in the game... Whether we'll win it or not, I dunno...

Sealy's sounding good...

I guess the only thing I have to compare Cuero and Sealy is that Cuero 1st team beat La Grange 1st team 1-0 in scrimmage, but that was just a scrimmage...

We're coming along... Hopefully the boys will defend their house and make it a good game...

Old Green
09-14-2003, 10:11 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma. If you go back to Sept. 3 under topic Rice Consolidated-Cuero Preview by Matthew328, you will find a complete run down of the Gobblers.

lepfan
09-14-2003, 10:17 PM
I want Cuero to win, but I am not sure on it. Andrus has a set of legs that keep on going, going, going....even with 2or more dragging! Good luck Cuero.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks Green, I left you a P.M.

Bellville22
09-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Since I nailed the score in the LG game, I guess I better continue predicting Sealy.

Really know nothing about Cuero except they're usually pretty good, and that Rice beat them soundly (of course Rice has pounded pretty much everybody).

I do know alot about the Tigers. They appear to be getting better each week, and are finally getting some statewide attention. We knew they had a RB, but sounds like the play out of the new QB has been superb. That also allows Brantley to move to TE, which is his natural position, one that I believe he can play at the next level. The defense evidently hasn't had to be on the field very much, but when they are, appear to be doing good things.

Don't have a feel for this one like I did last week. I was pretty confident that Sealy would handle LG. I thought it may have not been as close, but Coach V. in LG is a master of game plans, adjustments, and always seems to have his boys ready, especially in big games.

Here goes...

Sealy 27, Cuero 13

Gobbla2001
09-15-2003, 12:12 PM
I won't make a prediction, atleast I'm not planning on it...

All I can say is, Go Gobblers!

Gobbla2001
09-15-2003, 12:25 PM
A little bit of added info, Sealy's top RB's over the years haven't really ran all over us... In '96 and '97 the scores were 35-0 and 31-0 (Sealy, of course) but it was an all-around effort including their defense giving the O great field position etc...

I remember in '99 they won 26-3 when they had IJ, but I believe we held IJ to around 36 yards or so, but another back popped up, running for around 55 or so I guess...

BUT, though they haven't been able to really 'use' their big backs against the Cuero D, that was the 4-3 D, now we're running a totally different D, so I don't know how this matchup is gunna work...

seasick4
09-15-2003, 12:26 PM
Tigers will win. Good Luck to the Sealy Boys. Good staff and players there. Sealy 28-6, Go Tigers.

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: seasick4 ]</small>

fullhouse
09-15-2003, 02:23 PM
Bellville22:
Since I nailed the score in the LG game, I guess I better continue predicting Sealy.

Really know nothing about Cuero except they're usually pretty good, and that Rice beat them soundly (of course Rice has pounded pretty much everybody).

I do know alot about the Tigers. They appear to be getting better each week, and are finally getting some statewide attention. We knew they had a RB, but sounds like the play out of the new QB has been superb. That also allows Brantley to move to TE, which is his natural position, one that I believe he can play at the next level. The defense evidently hasn't had to be on the field very much, but when they are, appear to be doing good things.

Don't have a feel for this one like I did last week. I was pretty confident that Sealy would handle LG. I thought it may have not been as close, but Coach V. in LG is a master of game plans, adjustments, and always seems to have his boys ready, especially in big games.

Here goes...

Sealy 27, Cuero 13I'm with you, 22.... I like seeing Zapalac and Brantly out there together. Zapalac has done a fantastic job and is playing with confidence he lacked in the past. I was wondering how aggressive Brantly would be (1st game back after two surgeries this year), but I think he can play that position too. Andrus is always a joy to watch. Defense has been taking care of business and I love the intensity they show! Go Tigers ~ Do it again! Sealy 28, Cuero 7

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Will Sealy stud RB. play or will he sit this one out? Word from a person that works for the Sealy PD, that there are charges filed on this person, and it's not the first, this person also said he had a 3 game supenstion, he sat out the Needville game but played the La Grange game, does he get to pick the games he gets to play in? I might step on some toes here, but it sound,s like the old days when Mills let players play on Friday night and then take them back to serve time for the rest of the weekend! You would think a person would have enough dicipline to stay out of that kind of trouble! Im sorrie but the truth hurts and if anyone can clear this one up please do?

Pudlugger
09-15-2003, 07:19 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Will Sealy stud RB. play or will he sit this one out? Word from a person that works for the Sealy PD, that there are charges filed on this person, and it's not the first, this person also said he had a 3 game supenstion, he sat out the Needville game but played the La Grange game, does he get to pick the games he gets to play in? I might step on some toes here, but it sound,s like the old days when Mills let players play on Friday night and then take them back to serve time for the rest of the weekend! You would think a person would have enough dicipline to stay out of that kind of trouble! Im sorrie but the truth hurts and if anyone can clear this one up please do?They'll take the cuffs off for Cuero!

Brahma73
09-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Let it go, FBB. Bellville22 and I remember a situation like this with one of our "stars" a few years back. Same deal. He just kept showing up in the game no matter what he pulled Saturday through Thursday. This stuff will all work itself out. We just need to play our games and let S-town worry about their little dilemma. Not our place to be the jury.

the tigers are back
09-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Hey fbb. he will play against Cuero this week and the rest of the weeks ahead, and yes the cuffs are off this weekend for the stud rb of sealy tigers.I know you'll like to hear for me don't you'll.I guess everyone eyes is on the tigers now ha,but i know the andrus can stand to be criticized and talked.Iknow one thing that you can't take is talent away from him.It's been given to him by my "GOD" thank you very much for :cool: wink you'll concern. wink

the tigers are back
09-15-2003, 07:54 PM
Well i wanna let you in a little something "FBB" maybe one of these days if you have talent in your family you wouldn't try to damage anyone's character.In sealy we are very known and people respect this family for past to the future; and we deal with alot of haters.So from me to you i advise that whatever you say be careful,because you will sow what you reap.I'm so glad that man is not in charge of this world,because some people are very envious,despiseful,wicked;and evil.So if i get on anyone's feet the tuth is the truth.I will also clear this up with the 3 games suspension;he was not suspended for 3 games it was only needville game so there you have it from the Andrus Express so l/o/t/o. FBB :D :mad: :cool: wink

lepfan
09-15-2003, 08:02 PM
the tigers are back:
Hey fbb. he will play against Cuero this week and the rest of the weeks ahead, and yes the cuffs are off this weekend for the stud rb of sealy tigers.I know you'll like to hear for me don't you'll.I guess everyone eyes is on the tigers now ha,but i know the andrus can stand to be criticized and talked.Iknow one thing that you can't take is talent away from him.It's been given to him by my "GOD" thank you very much for :cool: wink you'll concern. wink I don't think anyone wants to take his talent from him. It was God given. It is up to him to do good with what has been given to him. I don't know the kid, but it sounds as though he will take care of his own self. Self destruction is the worse kind. Because you have no one but yourself to blame years down the road. I think everyone hates to see someone with such talent waste it...it won't do anyone any good if he ends up in prison. That is my two cents, take it or leave it. No offense intented.

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Bellville22
09-16-2003, 12:34 AM
Seriously, can we please drop this. Nothing needs to be said, varified, or opened.

TTAB, I know what happened, I don't like it, and I don't respect it. I do respect the football player Andrus, and that's all I'm worried about. He's got talent, and it's fun to watch. What happens beyond that is up to Emeal, his family, and his coaches, and frankly, it's none of our business. If he doesn't take care of business, he won't have a future, and it'll be his loss.

Right now, lets play some football. We've got the best district in the state (arguably), and it's going to be alot of fun watching it unfold, which could and probably won't happen until the final week. Best of luck to everyone, see you at the end.

Gobbla2001
09-16-2003, 12:58 AM
Accually, a little ribbin' on a Sealy hoss might get the boys back to the title game...

I remember in '99 everyone was ribbin' Joyner about his grade-prob's...

In December, I was on my way to Irving to watch the Tigers play Commerce...

the tigers are back
09-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Conversation over, and to each is on see ya in the future.I will be at the game next week to see the bulls play the rice raiders.Hey guys... let's represent Austin co.I pray that the good Lord let's me see this one in good health.LET'S GET IT ONNNNN. :rolleyes: :D