PDA

View Full Version : Curling is cool ...

3afan
02-13-2006, 05:32 PM
... in its own, strange way

BreckTxLonghorn
02-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Its like a big, cold version of shuffleboard. I love it.

HighSchool Fan
02-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
... in its own, strange way

did you fall off of the balcony :D

STANG RED
02-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Of course its cool! They do it on ice.
Ha Ha Ha.
Seriously though, how in the world is it considered a sport? It looks like it might be fun to try sometime, but it hardly qualifies as a sport. I think I heard or read somewhere, curling has been being played for hundreds of years.

Emerson1
02-13-2006, 05:52 PM
You have to have strong legs to be able to bend over and brush infront of the rock.

3afan
02-13-2006, 05:55 PM
the precision is impressive

BreckTxLonghorn
02-13-2006, 06:11 PM
the US men beat Norway last night in their first match. While its just a qualifier, and most people are like oh well, Norway is the defending Olympic/ World champion, and the US men are usually ho-hums. Its kinda like the 1980 Miracle on Ice in terms of beating the powerhouse. Only in this case, theres no communism to break down with hockey, and no one really cares about the sport. Still, a good win for the men.

Cardinalbb
02-13-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't think curling is cool. Burns my neck when I do it. Then my wife thinks I've been fooling around.

Pmoney
02-13-2006, 06:15 PM
curling is awesome

mrescape43
02-13-2006, 07:42 PM
This is crazy. The olympics have crap like this and have cancelled baseball and softball. Go figure!

sahen
02-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
the US men beat Norway last night in their first match. While its just a qualifier, and most people are like oh well, Norway is the defending Olympic/ World champion, and the US men are usually ho-hums. Its kinda like the 1980 Miracle on Ice in terms of beating the powerhouse. Only in this case, theres no communism to break down with hockey, and no one really cares about the sport. Still, a good win for the men.
you over-exaggerate that a bit, it wasnt in the medal round last night and the announcers said that the american team had beat Norway before this past year....its just Norway wins more consistantly, its not like they r completely dominant like the Soviets were in hockey (43-3 going into the games)....only reason i knwo this is i watched the curling match last night and thats what the announcers said....

BreckTxLonghorn
02-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by sahen
you over-exaggerate that a bit, it wasnt in the medal round last night and the announcers said that the american team had beat Norway before this past year....its just Norway wins more consistantly, its not like they r completely dominant like the Soviets were in hockey (43-3 going into the games)....only reason i knwo this is i watched the curling match last night and thats what the announcers said....

Touche. I stand corrected.

sahen
02-14-2006, 03:33 AM
watching the women's curling tonight......haha i dont sleep during the night....the U.S. curling team is pretty attractive however they r getting their rear's handed to them by the not-so-attractive canadian team...