PDA

View Full Version : Christian-MVP.. .Decatur dominates All-District

MASH4077
12-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Junior Brian Christian was voted MVP by the District coaches. He finished the year with...
86 catches for 1,422 yards and 14 TD's

Junior Chandler Dane was voted Offensive MVP. He
finished the year with over 3,000 yards passing and 27 TD's.

The Decatur coaching staff was also voted Best in the District.
With 6 offensive and 6 defensive starters coming back,next year should be the year!

The other Eagles making 1st team all-district were
Offense:
Running back.....Andrew McKinney,Sr.
Reciever.........Jake Logue,Sr.
Center...........Kevin Woller,Jr.
Tackle...........Blake Woodard,Sr.

Defense:
Lineman.........Jaydee Key,Jr.
Defensive end...Jonathan Wilde,Sr.
Linebacker......Danny Laverty,Sr.
Defensive back..Casey Jones,Sr.

2nd team...
Offense:
Reciever.........Jonathon Jones,Jr.
Guard............Armando Fernandez,Sr.
Tackle...........Josh Reeves,Sr.

Defense:
Lineman..........Juan Trejo,Sr.
Linebacker.......Eddie Gonzales,Jr.
Linebacker.......Alfred Murrillo,Sr.
Defensive back...Brandon McGar,Sr.

Honorable Mention:
Neal Llewellyn-Off.guard,Jr.
Jarred Robbins-Off.Line,Jr.
Jake Hayes-Reciever,Sr.
Joey Fischer-Def.end,Sr.
Nathan Moore- Def.end,Sr.
Russell Pryor- Linebacker,Jr.

Decatur has gone 22-3 over the last 2 years gaining valuable play-off expierence. I expect them to be a top 5 pick for next year,and contend for a Title. See ya next year!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Congrats to the Chief for your son's 1st team selection!

olddawggreen
12-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Congratulations to your guys! Cheif are you still out there? You guys have a lot to look forward to next year. Best wishes. :) :)

GlenRosePoster
12-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Is Decatur for sure 3a next year???
If so and they are in as weak of a district as they were in the past 2 years thenI would expect Dane to have close to 4000yds and Christian to have 2000yds receiving.

If Decatur ends up in a tough 4a district like the Aledo, North Crowley, Brownwood, Stephenville then they may not even make the playoffs.

MASH4077
12-02-2003, 04:28 PM
You mean weak as compared to that tough district
(Diamond Hill,carter riverside,godley,venus,
castleberry) that yall play in?

Rabbit'93
12-02-2003, 04:30 PM
MASH4077:
You mean weak as compared to that tough district
(Diamond Hill,carter riverside,godley,venus,
castleberry) that yall play in?LMAO

MASH4077
12-02-2003, 04:39 PM
What does LMAO mean?

olddawggreen
12-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Mash, you cant really say here, but its something like, laughing my off. Have you seen or heard from Cheif lately? I met Christians dad while I was in Decatur, I know hes one proud PaPa! You have a great bunch of boys there. How many starters are coming back next year?

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

Chief Woodman
12-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Hey guys....Just been working alot and doing some things that had been put off during the season. Congrats to Burnet for their continued success. I plan on making a game...but it cannot be this weekend. Yes I am proud of my son. But then again, I would be proud if he had never even made the team. I am truly thankful that he is healthy and got to experience the fun of HS football.
As far as Decatur being in a weak district...that is true depending on your perspective. The weakest district in 3A would not agree, but the ones with the toughest districts would. Decatur's district is about middle of the road. In fact at the end of this season 7-3A was only rated one spot ahead of 8-3A in district strength. :D

Comfortable Hemorrhage
12-04-2003, 10:55 PM
GlenRosePoster:
Is Decatur for sure 3a next year???
If so and they are in as weak of a district as they were in the past 2 years thenI would expect Dane to have close to 4000yds and Christian to have 2000yds receiving.

If Decatur ends up in a tough 4a district like the Aledo, North Crowley, Brownwood, Stephenville then they may not even make the playoffs.Decatur could beat North Crowley and Stephenville. You might what to mention some better 4A teams before you make that statement.

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Comfortable Hemorrhage ]</small>