PDA

View Full Version : 21-3A... THE toughest in '01!?!?!?!?!

3Aroy
08-08-2001, 01:14 PM
District 21-3A will have an awesome year in'01. Bridge City, Newton, and Kirbyville will all end up in the top ten before district begins. Kirbyville has never been good in the past, but things have definetely changed since last year and the year before. They will go into district undefeated. Bridge City has a few threats in the non district games, but they should also begin district without a loss. Newton has one of the toughest non district shedules (if not THE toughest) in the state. They open up against 4A PA Lincoln, then the always good Crockett, State ranked 2A Corigan Camden (who was good even when they were 3A), 4A Beaumont Ozen (always has future NFL quality players), and the neighboring rival... 4A Jasper (who also is going to have a good season). They should also go into district play undefeated. By then, I feel they should all be in the top 10. I know even if they dont all 3 make it into the top ten, they should all go deep into the playoffs. It doesnt look like 22-3A will have a team pass bidistrict. When these three teams meet up in district... the should put on some shows! They aint no punx! It could be the best district in 3A!

bigdawg
08-08-2001, 06:36 PM
You may be right. They have one of the toughest districts in state, but 5-3a is going to be a really tough one too. With Wylie and Sweetwater, both in the top 10 pre-season poll, and Ballinger, who always produces good players. This will also be a tough district.

Matthew328
08-08-2001, 10:36 PM
if you ask me 15-3A is top to bottom the toughest..rememeber last year 2 7-3 teams sat home during the playoffs..and one was the defending state champs in Tex. Liberty-Eylau and Hooks...those 2 will be good again along with the defending district champs Queen City also Atlanta will be much improved and Tex. Pleasant Grove will be good..and watch out for Clarksville..TB Lonta Hobbs is a D1 prospect and they have 16 starters back..

3Aroy
08-08-2001, 10:49 PM
Yea. When I say this, I have nothing to fall back on, unfortunately. Newton is always tough, and always goes deep into the playoffs. Bridge City had an awesome year last year... beat Newton. Kirbyville has new coaching, and that is why I feel they will be good. Their head coach used to coach in Newton. He was a good coach. Woodville has probably the best athletes in the district, but no coaching. Orangefield is always average. And Buna... Not much there, but every district has one of those. The top three should go deep.

RBARKER
08-09-2001, 07:33 AM
Hi 3aroy 22-3a Barbers Hill here. I guarantee that your district rep will not get pass us in the bi district round. Barbers Hill has a pretty good schedule too. First we will open up against Tapps 5a Beumount Kelly and then 4A Willis and 4A Dickenson and finish up with 3A Stafford I didnt see a 2A team in my list. We have been undefeated the past two years in the regular season and this should be our best year!

[This message has been edited by RBARKER (edited August 09, 2001).]

3Aroy
08-09-2001, 12:18 PM
HI RBARKER,
I didnt see a team on your list as good as any on Newton's, and I know your district stinx. And, You might be able to play a close game with Kirbyville, but If you have to play Newton or Bridge City... YOU ARE HISTORY... *BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR*! Newton and Bridge City are possibly the best teams in region 3 division 1 and 2. (Them and Rice). Kirbyville is going to be used to playing tough games, coming out of district too, so I dont see how anyone with as week of a schedule as you do, beating them. 21-3A is taking bi-district!

-Roy

RBARKER
08-09-2001, 01:36 PM
3AROY, I thought that you might have some intelligence in that pea brain of yours but then I read your predictions and I am proven wrong. I have to admit Newton is a great team and I am not going to rattle my mouth about them but Bridge City is a team that Barbers Hill can beat and Kirbyville Come on!!! if they are any thing like Orangefield that we killed 50 to 0 last year then they better get ready for an a-- wippin!!!!!!!! Sincerely yours 22-3a

3Aroy
08-09-2001, 01:45 PM
And you said *I show my ignorance! lol. You say you cant beat Newton...*DUH! That's a given! But you can beat Bridge City? HAHAHA! Bridge City killed Newton last year. Kirbyville has some of Newton's old coaches now, and they say they will be good. You can wish for the second round all you want to, but unless injuries kill 21-3A... I dont see it happening!

-Roy

twoaday
08-09-2001, 03:06 PM
Ok guys, I see it like this we have two 1,000. yard rushers returning this year and about the same defense , I don’t see BC doing anything but going to the play offs and it doesn’t matter who we play the competition after that second play off game is all first class football .

3Aroy
08-09-2001, 03:10 PM
Bridge City will do good, but what this barker dude is trying to say is that bridge city cant beat barbers hill! WHATEVER! Bridge City beat Newton last year. They can beat anyone. lol!

BH_146
08-10-2001, 01:13 AM
Okay, 3ARoy, I would like to know on what basis you feel District 21AAA is the best besides having Newton and Bridge City. I agreed about those two and have them both in my top 10 in the state. But the rest of the district? Their record of non-district games was 8-12 and overall 14-27 last year. Can you cite any good teams they beat? Kirbyville played 3 2A teams and 2 weak 3A teams last year. Yes, they played a good San Augustine team but lost 44-13. Sure they have 10-8 starters but sometime losing only begets losing when you have experienced it on a consistant basis. And unfortunately, those new coaches can't get on the field to make the plays. Do you really think that whippings by Newton and BC will prepared them if they make the playoffs? Again, I don't wish to compare Barbers Hill with Newton and BC because BC will go D1 and we would be D2. As far as Newton, there is no doubt who the stronger team is if both are at full strength should they meet. I welcome your comments. Note: I did not state that District 22AAA is stronger. Only responding that you think that District 21AAA will take all 3 bi-district games.

3Aroy
08-10-2001, 10:24 AM
Yea, I understand. And, when I say Kirbyville is going to be good...I might be saying something that is going to make me look stupid on down the season, but I feel they can really make a turn around. If they get to play BH in the first game, BH would definetely win if Kirbyville doesnt make a complete turn around.

mathis pirate 23
08-17-2001, 07:17 PM
i don't think 21AAA is the toughest district i think that 30AAA is because how many good player are in our district. If yall guys can only play us yall would know. IT's all cool thats my opinion