PDA

View Full Version : "Knight School"

3afan
02-13-2006, 07:07 AM
anyone gonna watch this ??? i know, chief, you don't care ...

Knight reality show to air this month

10:04 PM CST on Sunday, February 12, 2006
Associated Press

LUBBOCK – "Knight School" will be in session soon.

The first episode of the reality show in which Texas Tech coach Bob Knight gives one Tech student the chance to play on his team will air Feb. 19 on ESPN.

"This was just like we had it when I coached the Pan American team or the Olympics," Knight said. "We had to cut from 70 to 12 for those teams, and here, we worked from 32 down to one. We had 140 applicants and we tested them in various ways."

Camera crews spent months in Lubbock shooting footage for six one-hour episodes.

"The taping went remarkably well," said Rob Lundgren, chief operating officer of RIVR Media and one of the executive producers of the show. "We've been gone the last three months and the post process has been a major undertaking because we've got such good stuff."

"We put these kids through a lot," Lundgren said. "We wanted to test their overall conditioning, but we also wanted to test their mental toughness, how they handle themselves in the community, how they handle themselves with teammates."

Knight, who said he enjoyed working with the students, said that he had a hard time not only choosing the winner, but narrowing down the field.

"They worked hard, they hustled and they were enthused about getting the opportunity to make it," he said.

Snyder_TigerFan
02-13-2006, 09:02 AM
I think I will. I've always said that if I would have been good enough to play college basketball that I would have liked to play for Bobby Knight. He's a "get right down to business" type of guy, and there's no fooling around.

Snyder_TigerFan
02-13-2006, 09:03 AM
oops:)

neck_06
02-13-2006, 09:07 AM
when does this air? and what channel?

neck_06
02-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

The first episode of the reality show in which Texas Tech coach Bob Knight gives one Tech student the chance to play on his team will air Feb. 19 on ESPN.

nevermind............:doh: :doh: :doh:

Old Tiger
02-13-2006, 10:32 AM
I might watch it if there is nothing else on TV at the time

DaHop72
02-13-2006, 11:11 AM
[i]

"The taping went remarkably well," said Rob Lundgren, chief operating officer of RIVR Media and one of the executive producers of the show. [/B]
Meaning Bobby didn't choke or boot one of the candidate.
The guy is a great coach and stresses academics, but you would have thought that by his age he would have developed some people skills

NateDawg39
02-13-2006, 11:21 AM
I am kinda interested to see what its like.

JasperDog94
02-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I might watch it if there is nothing else on TV at the time Yeah, like some good curling. Or how about synchronized ice fishing.:)

bulldogbark
02-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Or how about synchronized ice fishing

when is the ice fishing coming on???? man I hope I didnt miss it watching something stupid,:cool: