PDA

View Full Version : Graham's 2006 Schedule (Tentative)

Adidas410s
02-13-2006, 05:39 AM
This is what was listed in the Graham paper yesterday...it doesn't have any dates listed yet.

Breckenridge
Midland Greenwood
Clyde
Abilene Wylie
Glen Rose
Dallas Bishop Lynch (listed as very tentative)

STANG RED
02-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Midland Greenwood to Graham is a 3 1/2 to 4 hour trip, one way. Is this game being played in Abilene or Sweetwater? Or will they actually travel that far?

VWG
02-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Midland Greenwood and Graham will play in Abilene Shotwell Stadium.
I think that Breckenridge and Graham will not play in 2006.
I saw on another post that Monahans and Graham will play in Sweetwater in 2006.

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2006, 05:09 PM
It's Monahans and Graham and I think they
play in the Sammy Baugh Classic.

Chief Ohera
02-13-2006, 08:20 PM
hummmmm,
very interesting, to see if they can beat down vernon and IP like they have in the last four or five years, new coaching and all, but graham has always had the better athletes, but in my opinion, not the best coach, "bourquin" that is, he was horrible and very ole' school, but i look for them to dominate after an off year,
just like the sooners will do next yr.
so brothers until next time........
your buddy the chief.......
BOOMER SOONER..........

Cameron Crazy
02-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Ya im from graham our coaching staff is good we have good athletes to so hopefully 2006 season will be better than this year...didnt even have a playoff berth...GO STEERS

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Bourquin is a heck of a coach.

Chief Ohera
02-14-2006, 12:24 AM
ya, he was a great coach, give me a break, the only way he did what he did was that he had great athletes, he didn't use those athletes with all their speed and abilities to their best potential, his veer offense ruined many of the best players he had, he was so ole' school it was sad, he didn't have a personality and didnt' have that killer intstinct in the playoffs,
bourquin was a bad coach and if you ask some of his former players they will say the same thing, they hated playing for him.
so brothers, until next time..............

RMAC
02-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Well, I never played for the guy, but here's my 2 cents anyways. It's not so much that he ran a bad system, but more that he didnt' run it the way it was meant to be run. Look @ what he did in Mineral Wells in his first year. They went 8-3 or 9-2, I believe, but he did something that he never did in Graham; HE PASSED THE DANG BALL!!! He had a RB w/ like 1,500 yds and a few receivers w/ +500 yards receiving if I'm not mistaken. He finally instituted the pass w/ the run, and although he lost in the first round for like his 10th year, I really think it was b/c of lack of that pressure experience in the players. They should have one that game against Sherman easily, but I think that the players just got nervous and choked. He's not a bad coach, but what IS bad is that it's taken the guy so many years of head coaching to figure out how to run his offense the most efficient way.