PDA

View Full Version : District 21 toughest in the state this year?

Paratrooper
02-12-2006, 03:24 PM
With the new realignment I think District 21 has got to be the toughest.

WOS
Bridge City
Jasper
Kirbyville
Silsbee
Orangefield
Hardin Jeff
Hampshire Fannett

Bullaholic
02-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Yep---that's a tough neighborhood. Which ones make it out of District, Paratrooper?

Paratrooper
02-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yep---that's a tough neighborhood. Which ones make it out of District, paratrooper?

I think it will be WOS, BC, and Jasper. Kville made a good showing in the playoff's but I think BC and Jasper have a phycological edge on them for any contest. Everytime they play them they blow them out no matter how good a team they have.

Bullaholic
02-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I think it will be WOS, BC, and Jasper. Kville made a good showing in the playoff's but I think BC and Jasper have a phycological edge on them for any contest. Everytime they play them they blow them out no matter how good a team they have.

Thanks, Paratrooper.....Better keep your hand on that "ripcord" for your bravery. :D

xlr8
02-12-2006, 03:35 PM
The most top-heavy maybe, but not the toughest all-around. I think 18-3A is the toughest all-around because there are no teams that typically settle for fewer than six or seven wins or a playoff berth.

23-3A will be balanced as well - except for poor Smithville but their program made progress last year so we'll see.

21-3A has a a couple teams that do well every 3 or 4 years but not consistently except for the top three.

Tiger90
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Bridge City will not make it unless Jasper stumbles which I seriously doubt. For those who finally seen Silsbee put it together in the playoff game against Palestine, most of the key kids are returning.

Paratrooper
02-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
Bridge City will not make it unless Jasper stumbles which I seriously doubt.

Who would be your top 3 then? BC will be fine.

Tiger90
02-12-2006, 03:45 PM
WOS,Jasper, and Silsbee. That is not a dig on your team, but Silsbee found their qb in the Palestine game and the rb is tough. Silsbee's problem this past season was inconsistency (they had 20+ turnovers the first half of the season and the lack of a qb). They gave the qb job to a jr. in the playoff game and the whole speed of the game changed. Hopefully a Palestine fan will chime in here.

**edit** I believe some Jasper faithful will even admit the Silsbee/Jasper game changed when the qb was changed in the second half.

wildkat0507
02-12-2006, 03:55 PM
this is going to be my senior year...wat the heck are they thinkin puttin all these good teams in our district...ugh....

Tiger90
02-12-2006, 04:13 PM
How many key players are you guys losing in K'ville? I am under the impression the backfield will be new.

Paratrooper
02-12-2006, 04:53 PM
WOS,Jasper, and Silsbee. That is not a dig on your team, but Silsbee found their qb in the Palestine game and the rb is tough. Silsbee's problem this past season was inconsistency (they had 20+ turnovers the first half of the season and the lack of a qb). They gave the qb job to a jr. in the playoff game and the whole speed of the game changed. Hopefully a Palestine fan will chime in here.

**edit** I believe some Jasper faithful will even admit the Silsbee/Jasper game changed when the qb was changed in the second half.

I see Silsbee as an upset team, but I don't think they can beat BC, Jasper or WOS. I think WOS is the favorite, but BC and Jasper should be a good war and will be fighting hard for 2nd. I think Silsbee gets maybe as high as 4, but definently will be at least in the 5th position

1. WOS - Still the big dogs on the block. Until you can beat them I think they always get the nod.
2. BC - Cardinals will be strong again this year. Watch for the quarterback to have a huge year.
3. Jasper - Very close between Jasper and Bridge City. However, I don't think they have an answer for Dishon. But they will give BC and WOS all they can handle.
4. Kville - Wildcats again will be a good team, but I don't see them toppling WOS, BC or Jasper. Too much speed and power.
5. Silsbee - I actually think Kville and Silsbee will be fighting it out for 4th. They may upset one of the top 3 if you overlook them
6. Orangefield - Much improved and if you look at their games last year they were extremely competitive
7. Hampshire Fannett - They will fight it out with Silsbee and Orangefield.
8. Hardin Jeff - Looks to be a long year in this district

NateDawg39
02-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Watch out for some good teams in DIstrict 2...............................

wos fan1
02-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Good post by Tiger..Silsbee is loaded this year! My picks...

1. WOS
2. Silsbee
3. Jasper/BC

WOS1
02-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Silsbee will make the playoffs this year. This group of seniors won that tough 4A district when they were freshman. They will be a force unless several of those kids quit playing football. I think Silsbee has a problem with several kids quiting to play B-Ball.

AggiesAreWe
02-15-2006, 12:20 AM
None of that group that you have mentioned has quit to play basketball, they'll all be suiting it up come August.

In regards to what Silsbee has returning, 11 all district players and 16 starters plus an undefeated JV that ran roughshot through their district.

I like the looks of the Tigers for next year and in all honesty, they have a great shot at winning that district.

My picks:
Silsbee
WOS
Jasper

Cardinalbb
02-15-2006, 09:09 AM
How deep did Silbee go in the playoffs last year? Oh never mind, I remember now.:D

Hupernikomen
02-15-2006, 12:45 PM
It will be interesting next year

My picks

1. BC
2. WOS
3. Silsbee
4. Jasper
5. Kirbyville
6. Orangefield
7. HJ
8. HF

BC gets over the hump against WO-S next year with the best player in the district this time around.

WOS is loaded.

Silsbee brings back a lot but does lose the heart of the defense in Steed.

Jasper has too many holes to fill in this tough district. If they can answer some questions against BH and Newton early they might have a shot.

Kirbyville is in the same boat as Jasper.

Orangefield I don't know much about, but I know that HJ and HF werent that good last year and HJ lost their stud so I will give them the nod over the other two.

Bulldog_12
02-15-2006, 01:10 PM
I have it like this:
1. WOS
2. Silsbee
3. Jasper
4. B.C.
5. Kirbyville
6. Orangefield
7. HJ
8. HF

I hate having to put my dogs at 3, but they have 3 tough games to open the season and they might be pretty beat up going into district. I know there are a lot of holes to fill, but Jasper hasn't had trouble plugging them yet. I expect them to have the same success this year.

j_dog
02-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I have it like this:
1. WOS
2. Silsbee
3. Jasper
4. B.C.
5. Kirbyville
6. Orangefield
7. HJ
8. HF

I hate having to put my dogs at 3, but they have 3 tough games to open the season and they might be pretty beat up going into district. I know there are a lot of holes to fill, but Jasper hasn't had trouble plugging them yet. I expect them to have the same success this year.
I concur. I think that in spite of having to fill a lot of holes, the Jasper Dogs will be in the hunt for a playoff spot. Sorry to any team picked below 3rd, but somebody has to be picked down there. :(

Cat22
02-15-2006, 05:00 PM
You guys are way off. This is how the district will finish.

1. Orangefield
2. HJ
3. HF
4. Kirbyville
5. BC
6. WOS
7. Jasper
8. Silsbee

j_dog
02-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Cat22
You guys are way off. This is how the district will finish.

1. Orangefield
2. HJ
3. HF
4. Kirbyville
5. BC
6. WOS
7. Jasper
8. Silsbee
You may be right about Silsbee. :D

Bobkat
02-15-2006, 07:41 PM
I like those picks Cat22!!!

Hupernikomen
02-16-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
I concur. I think that in spite of having to fill a lot of holes, the Jasper Dogs will be in the hunt for a playoff spot. Sorry to any team picked below 3rd, but somebody has to be picked down there. :(

I agree, but realistically with what WO-S, BC and Silsbee have returning you have to give them the early nod. If Jasper makes the playoffs it won't be the first time they have found ways to fill holes in a hurry. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see the Dogs win the district, but I will give the others the nod for NOW.

wildkat0507
02-16-2006, 01:31 PM
How many key players are you guys losing in K'ville? I am under the impression the backfield will be new.

yes we are losing our quarterback/kicker, most of our scoring recievers(cotton, hughey, cheatham, jones and howard) and on the line, we are losing our center and other lineman such as richardson and adams (there are others but these are the ones that i hear about from other teams that we play)

zeus63
02-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Watch out for some good teams in DIstrict 2...............................

Yeah, Presidio is a powerhouse. Thye are gonna show up with all 12 of their varsity players in their AIr Jordans and kick the crap out of everyone. HA!!!