PDA

View Full Version : Texas' Own-Chad Hedrick

Bullaholic
02-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Don't know haw many of you are watching the Winter Olympics in Torino, but Chad Hedrick has put Texas and America on the world athletics map again by winning a gold medal in the 5000m speed skating event. Chad's home is Spring, TX, close to Houston. I have really enjoyed the interviews that this young man has given---classy and personable. I think Chad is going to emerge as one of the real "stars" of the 06' Winter Olympics as he has a real shot at winning 4 more medals. I think we will be hearing a lot more from this young man for years to come. I also got a big "kick" out of seeing his dad in the stands dressed in his cowboy hat, boots, and jeans----BTW, they say that he is no "bandwagon" cowboy just for the Olympics, either. Best of luck to Chad as he makes America and Texas proud in front of the whole world.

injuredinmelee
02-12-2006, 03:08 PM
not many kids from Spring, TX into speed skating. Nearest ice rink is probably at the Houston Galleria.

Phil C
02-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Way to go Chad! Go USA!

AggieJohn
02-13-2006, 12:33 AM
their are a ton of great athletes from spring......i think that is quietly a hot bed for athletes

STANG RED
02-13-2006, 12:54 AM
He was into inline skating until just a few years ago when he watched speed skating in the Olympics, so he made the change to ice skateing. It hasnt taken him long to rise to the top of his new sport.