02-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Sinton 8,Poteet 3-Winning Pitcher,Omar Gutierrez
Sinton 7,Pleasonton 0-Winning Pitcher,Adrian Alaniz

sinton66
02-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Way to go Pirates!

sintonfan74
02-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Is this game that was going on last night???? I saw that the lights were on but didn't have time to stop

sintonfan74
02-23-2003, 07:36 PM
I can't help but ask this......who's on third????

Vrabird
02-23-2003, 10:17 PM
Adrian and the Pirates looked pretty awesome on Saturday night against Pleasenton. Adrian mowed them down in the 1st and Sinton didn't waste any time in getting runs on the board. The leadoff hitter(leftfielder-Ortiz?) launched a Homerun over the leftfield wall. Adrian Alaniz also hit a homerun over the rightfield wall in the 1st inning. Pleasenton couldn't touch Adrian the whole night. I think he ended up with 16 strikeouts in a complete game shutout. Things are looking good for the Pirates to start their road back to the state playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-24-2003, 01:45 AM
any word on whos going to start against calallen

pirate4state
02-24-2003, 09:49 AM
sintonfan74:
I can't help but ask this......who's on third????Wes Fagan played 3rd these past 2 games.

pirate4state
02-24-2003, 09:52 AM
SintonFan_inAustin:
any word on whos going to start against calallenAdrian pitched 7 innings Sat. night, Omar pitched 7 innings Sat. afternoon. It could be either one, but my bet is on Adrian. He looked AWESOME Sat. night! Looking forward to this game and praying for NO RAIN!!!

Phil C
02-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Hey Pirate who is playing catcher for the pirates and how does he look? From what I see on the scores it looks like they found a capable replacement.

pirate4state
02-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Phil, when Omar pitched they had Brandon Dunlap catching. When Adrian pitched they had JD Espinoza. I didn't catch the first game, but JD looked really good catching for Adrian and I think we all know that we need a strong catcher back there! Just found out that Jason will pitch tomorrow night, Omar will pitch Thursday (Calallen Tourney) and Adrian will pitch Friday and so on. Hope to see everyone there.

Phil C
02-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Thank you Pirate. I plan to be at the game tomorrow night. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can have the game. I was surprised that Jason is pitching because he just finished basketball season last Friday night. I will be the old guy wearing the Spurs basketball cap Pirate so say hi to me if you see me. Go Pirates! :)

pirate4state
02-24-2003, 10:35 AM
I was also surprised to hear Jason was pitching, but I think we can trust Coach K's judgment :D Jason was throwing at home this weekend :) He should be good to go! See you tomorrow, hopefully! wink

Phil C
02-24-2003, 10:55 AM
I agree with you there Pirate on trusting Coach K's judgement. It sure is good to have Julian and Jason back on the baseball team (and Matt too) even though it would have been nice to have been able to win against San Diego Friday night in a great game well played by two good teams. I didn't know the boys were playing Saturday night in Sinton but I went to Portland and watched the softball girls play and even though they lost they are a young team with new players and the coach is playing them at different positions. I think they will get it together and start having a very good team by the time district gets here.

pirate4state
02-24-2003, 12:41 PM
My bad guys I got my weekends mixed up. This weekend (weather permitting) is the CCISD Tourney, not the Calallen Tourney.

Thursday: Sinton vs. Flour Bluff @ Moody, 3P - Omar Gutierrez pitching
Friday: Sinton vs. CC Carroll @ Cabiness, 10A - Adrian or Jason pitching
Friday: Sinton vs. Austin Bowie @ Carroll Field, 5:30P - Adrian or Jason pitching
Saturday: Championship game - TBD

Who knows, Coach K may pitch some of the newbies for experience wink

spirate_9
02-24-2003, 07:35 PM
http://www.sintonisd.net/Athletics/stbaseicon.JPG
Look at the new sign they have added to the outfield wall.

sinton66
02-25-2003, 07:45 AM
It's on the district's website also. Saw it on there a couple of weeks ago. Wonder if they are gonna do some bumper stickers like that?

sintonfan74
02-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Also on the district's website you can view the box scores for each game.