PDA

View Full Version : Another good question

STANG RED
02-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Would you rather:

A.
Out of 10 years, make a deep playoff run every year, but without winning a state title.

or

B.
Win 1 state title during a 10 year period, but not even make the playoffs the other 9 years.

3afan
02-10-2006, 04:02 PM
A - make the run every year

big daddy russ
02-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
A - make the run every year
Gotta agree with 3afan. That makes it fun every year..

lostaussie
02-10-2006, 04:26 PM
but man, the exileration of the title would make that one year out of ten worth it.

Ranger Mom
02-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
but man, the exileration of the title would make that one year out of ten worth it.

I dunno! We didn't win the title but played in the State game in 2002. The 3 years after that we have been beat out first round of the playoffs everytime.

Give me a deep playoff run every year. Even if we HAD won state in 2002, I don't think I would have felt any differently about the down years we have kinda had since then.

BUT.....I also am not a player, they may have a totally different perspective on it!

big daddy russ
02-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
BUT.....I also am not a player, they may have a totally different perspective on it!
I think it all depends on what year you're playing. If you're on of the players who wins that state title, it would be worth it. If not, that deep playoff run sounds real good.:D

NateDawg39
02-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Well..as a player I would want to win the Title and get out of there with a ring on my finger. As a coach or fan I would rather see my team make it and not win it...or something like that.

STANG RED
02-10-2006, 05:12 PM
It's a tough question isnt it?
I have flip flopped on it several times myself.

lepfan
02-10-2006, 05:16 PM
I would say make the playoffs every year without a title!!!!!

Pmoney
02-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Would you rather:

A.
Out of 10 years, make a deep playoff run every year, but without winning a state title.

or

B.
Win 1 state title during a 10 year period, but not even make the playoffs the other 9 years.
as a player, i would want the 1 state title....

mrescape43
02-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
as a player, i would want the 1 state title....

You're just being selfish! :D :D JK

lostaussie
02-10-2006, 09:28 PM
I dunno! We didn't win the title but played in the State game in 2002. The 3 years after that we have been beat out first round of the playoffs everytime.

Give me a deep playoff run every year. Even if we HAD won state in 2002, I don't think I would have felt any differently about the down years we have kinda had since then.
you may not have felt any different about the losses because no one likes to lose. but the exileration of the title is overwhelming. i was forty years old when we won and i cried like a baby. there are lots of 3a teams. there are a select few that can say we have won it all. too know that your hometown was king for a day is a great feeling of pride and accomplishment.

Ranger Mom
02-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
you may not have felt any different about the losses because no one likes to lose. but the exileration of the title is overwhelming. i was forty years old when we won and i cried like a baby. there are lots of 3a teams. there are a select few that can say we have won it all. too know that your hometown was king for a day is a great feeling of pride and accomplishment.

That makes sense! My trip home from that particular game was so whacked out and nerve wracking I didn't even cry over the loss....never even thought much about the game til I got home, safe and sound and in one piece!:D

lostaussie
02-10-2006, 09:33 PM
That makes sense! My trip home from that particular game was so whacked out and nerve wracking I didn't even cry over the loss....never even thought much about the game til I got home, safe and sound and in one piece!:D nothing i like better than to make a little sense:D

eagles_victory
02-10-2006, 10:27 PM
all im saying is you better win the state championship in the 9th or 10th year because if you win it in the first or second and dont make the playoffs for 8 or 9 years your fans might get pretty restless with you.

lostaussie
02-10-2006, 10:33 PM
when out of towners come through you town and read that sign proclaming the year of thet championship makes it all worth while to me. i read those signs every day.

DaHop72
02-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Give me a 10 year run, it keeps the spirit of the town up and the crowds big.

lepfan
02-11-2006, 01:59 AM
Think of it like sex...wouldn't you rather have several good runs at it instead of just one excellent run??

:eek: :eek: did I just say that

SWMustang
02-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Think of it like sex...wouldn't you rather have several good runs at it instead of just one excellent run??

:eek: :eek: did I just say that

As long as I'm not having sex with Snyder...

lepfan
02-11-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
As long as I'm not having sex with Snyder... Let's just say you can chose your partner. ;)

AggieJohn
02-11-2006, 02:27 AM
as long as that one year we won the state title was my senior year, then i would be ok with it

mustang04
02-11-2006, 02:31 AM
it really depends who u are....cuz i know if the seniors 9 years ahead of me won state, i wouldnt care, i'd be worried about MY season and how far WE would get.....im sry but i'd rather have a team that makes 10 years in a row of playoff runs, thats shows a good program, one state title and then 9 years of nothing just shows that a group of good athletes just happened to go through that year

shadow13
02-11-2006, 11:37 PM
You should be playing to win a state championship, I would rather win 1 state championship! I'm sure all of the teams who have ever won a championship would agree. I can see fans being satisfied with being runner-up or going deep into the playoffs,but as an athlete it's hard for me to believe they would be satisfied just playing 2 or 3 extra games.But you never know,maybe just in west texas, I'm sure most everywhere else they would rather win a state championship.

shadow13
02-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
as long as that one year we won the state title was my senior year, then i would be ok with it I think with 3 teams from each district going to the playoffs eliminates the good program theory,now back when only the district champ went to the playoffs thats when you could use the good program theory