PDA

View Full Version : Big Bummer by the Olympics

Phil C
02-10-2006, 09:44 AM
I wonder why I am not surprised though.

http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=48&url_article_id=3304&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

neck_06
02-10-2006, 09:59 AM
no baseball or softball.............thats crap

Bullaholic
02-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately, softball and baseball are not "big" interest sports in England. If the 2012 Olympics were being held in Tokyo or anywhere in North or South America, I bet they would still be in the sports lineup. Cricket is still "king" in any country with a British history. I think international baseball's salvation will come in the form of the World baseball series scheduled to be played by major league players representing their respective countries. Maybe softball can follow suit.

sahen
02-10-2006, 10:34 AM
yah....the Europeans hate the fact that we dominate in the summer so they r taking medals away from us the only way they can...

Phil C
02-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by sahen
yah....the Europeans hate the fact that we dominate in the summer so they r taking medals away from us the only way they can...

That is right sahen but they are taking medals from other countries too. Japan, Canada and Australian softball has improved a lot lately and in fact Japan won a tournament against the Americans last year proving that they can compete with us.
And in baseball Cuba has always been strong and competitive with us. I know we dominated the last olympics but Japan has made much improvement and we must remember we just beat them at the last olympics in softball in extra innings so they have insulted other countries not just us.

pancho villa
02-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Who gives a rats about watching 7 people stand around while 2 are doing something. Baseball and softball are the most boring sports ever thought up by man. NO OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
02-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Who gives a rats about watching 7 people stand around while 2 are doing something. Baseball and softball are the most boring sports ever thought up by man. NO OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little uncertain, Pancho---Are you trying to say you don't care for baseball? :D

pancho villa
02-10-2006, 10:57 AM
You could play in a 7 inning game and never have to run. How is this a sport?

Old Tiger
02-10-2006, 11:01 AM
I don't like baseball either...it's boring.

Phil C
02-10-2006, 11:28 AM
I am sure pancho would really be upset if they ever did away with soccer at the olympics.

pancho villa
02-10-2006, 11:33 AM
I like soccer less than I do baseball. But at least you have to run in soccer.

mrescape43
02-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm a little uncertain, Pancho---Are you trying to say you don't care for baseball? :D

Possibly Pancho and Chief think alike! :thinking: :D :D

BullFrog Dad
02-10-2006, 11:50 AM
I wonder if they'll ever make fishing an Olympic event?

sahen
02-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
That is right sahen but they are taking medals from other countries too. Japan, Canada and Australian softball has improved a lot lately and in fact Japan won a tournament against the Americans last year proving that they can compete with us.
And in baseball Cuba has always been strong and competitive with us. I know we dominated the last olympics but Japan has made much improvement and we must remember we just beat them at the last olympics in softball in extra innings so they have insulted other countries not just us.
i agree completely w/ that Phil, i just am American so it was my point of view seeping in...plus i mean do u really hear about European countries going "we dont like australia/Japan/or Canada"???no....u hear them say "we dont like America".....so yah, just saying it hurts the other countries too but i think they did it to spite us....

Phil C
02-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I agree they did it mainly to us sahen and as I have said it is a shame because other countries were coming along and I feel could have given us real competition and probably will in the 2008 Olympics. (Is it a coincidence that they waited till the games were in Europe since it is in Asia that year and China is close to Japan?)
I am sure Cuba and Mexico and several South American countries are not happy bedcause baseball is popular there.
And as I said softball is very popular in Japan and Australia and Canada. Baseball is also popular in Japan. It is a shame.