PDA

View Full Version : G.A. Moore to Van Alstyne ???

3afan
02-10-2006, 07:02 AM
NO

Moore won't coach at Van Alstyne

12:26 AM CST on Friday, February 10, 2006
By TIM MacMAHON / The Dallas Morning News

VAN ALSTYNE – G.A. Moore, the state's all-time wins leader among high school football coaches, said he is not a candidate for the Van Alstyne head coach/athletic director job after meeting with the district's school board for two and a half hours Thursday night.

"I was asked if I was interested," said Moore, who won eight state titles and compiled a career record of 404-91-9 primarily at Celina and Pilot Point. "I think they might have felt sorry for me, being an old man without a job or something. We talked about it a little bit. But to be honest, my wife and I spent some time praying about it, and the way things worked out, we just feel like this is not the time for me to get back in here."

Moore, 67, retired last year after a tumultuous three-year return to his alma mater. Pilot Point forfeited its football and boys basketball seasons and was placed on probation for one year by the UIL after a player was ruled ineligible for not meeting residency requirements. The UIL also ruled that Moore must appear before the state executive committee before coaching again at a UIL school.

STANG RED
02-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Wow, I hope his trouble with the UIL doesn’t turn out defining his otherwise stellar career as a head football coach.

However, if he knowingly violated UIL rules, he will have to pay the price for it.
Hopefully, it is just all a big misunderstanding.

bigO
02-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Wow, I hope his trouble with the UIL doesn’t turn out defining his otherwise stellar career as a head football coach.

However, if he knowingly violated UIL rules, he will have to pay the price for it.
Hopefully, it is just all a big misunderstanding. stellar?? he was a cheat and everybody knows it

Johnny Utah
02-10-2006, 10:07 AM
If he were to go to Van Alstyne, the basketball program there would be ruined!!! Just an opinion!!!

mr.leopard man
02-10-2006, 09:39 PM
info i have is that he is waiting for the whitesboro job to be opened on feb 21th....rumor??? not sure yet...

lostaussie
02-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by mr.leopard man
info i have is that he is waiting for the whitesboro job to be opened on feb 21th....rumor??? not sure yet... wow. if he could turn that around he might could walk on water:D

3afan
02-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by bigO
stellar?? he was a cheat and everybody knows it

thats all speculation ....

Old Tiger
02-11-2006, 01:24 AM
G.A. was the man!

AggieJohn
02-11-2006, 02:21 AM
how old is he?

HighSchool Fan
02-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by mr.leopard man
....rumor??? not sure yet...

just a friendly reminder Mr Leopard Man, this isn't a rumor site. no rumors allowed.

mr.leopard man
02-11-2006, 10:38 AM
lol Yep i forgot its a no RUMOR site :):D