PDA

View Full Version : District 20 title game?????

EAGLE89
10-11-2003, 12:23 AM
Congratulations to the Jasper Bulldogs. I will have to say that I'm not surprised by their victory, I felt that they would prove to be the stronger team. Next week could be the game that decides the district title.

I, for one wish that Newton's pre-district schedule had been tougher. The new 4a district here in southeast texas only allows for one non-district contest which pretty much left some of those teams off of the Eagle's schedule. The only benefit that I can see with playing an easy schedule is the repetitions and letting younger players gain experience.

I remember the Newton/Jasper game last year and I don't think that our boys had played in a game that close (down by one touchdown at the half)when they came out for the second half they had no bounce in their step and within 5 minutes of the third quarter, the Bulldogs scored twice which pretty much sealed the deal.

Hope it is an injury free game with my Eagles coming out on top this year. It should be a more evenly matched game this go 'round.

crimson blood
10-11-2003, 12:32 AM
jasper by 13 :)

crimson blood
10-11-2003, 12:38 AM
newton runs the same offense that k-ville does. only historically eagles run it better. should prove to be a challenge for the dogs, especially in the eagle home field.
i spoke of the atmosphere in jasper but the one in newton is possibly more intimidating as you enter the stadium and see the state championship in your face.
should be very interesting :p

Pedestrian
10-11-2003, 12:47 AM
Correction, Kirbyville runs Newtons offense, without the mastermind on the sideline.... I knew kirbyville had no shot against jasper. Newton's homecoming should be interesting.

St. Ivender
10-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Pedestrian:
Correction, Kirbyville runs Newtons offense, without the mastermind on the sideline.... I knew kirbyville had no shot against jasper. Newton's homecoming should be interesting.Kirbyville let me down. The first time in my life I was actually pulling for them and they laid down against Jasper. Newton better tighten their chin straps and put a hat on Jasper. I may have to leave the city and make the trek to the woods to give the Eagles some karma.

crimson blood
10-11-2003, 09:59 AM
si, i saw it slightly different, k-vill did not "lie down". they were out manned and fought until the very end. matter of fact the #10 that scored in the 4th was a sophomore with a great future.
newton is historically better than kv but it would have to be a significant difference to make up almost 30 points.
as to "mastermind" alvarez is as good as any at getting the best out of what he has to work with. they are no slouch and the kats should go farther than last year but i am not convinced that the difference in the newton game will be that position.
:cool:

crimson blood
10-11-2003, 10:00 AM
'that position' = head coach

the-O-fence
10-11-2003, 11:00 AM
I think Newton can pull of a win as long as they can win the turnover battle.

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: the-O-fence ]</small>