PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill 35 / Anahuac 21

RBARKER
08-30-2002, 10:32 PM
Well it was a win but it wasn't pretty. BH defense had a hard time with the AHS quarterback. I think the Defense will gel after they get a couple of games under their belts, but they need to work at it. The Offense was led By Perry C., Man that guy can fly! The opening play from scrimmage he ran 75 yards for the TD but it was called back. He also had 60 to 70 yard punt return for a TD. Over all the Eagles look pretty good for the opener, but they need some work on Defense if they hope to make some noise in the playoffs. Great win Eagles HF is next.

BHcheeze24
08-30-2002, 10:53 PM
I just hope our defensive leader will be okay and not be seriously injured(hows the hand/wrist?). Good job offense. I think what you said was a TD for perry off a punt was actually a kickoff return. cummings did a great job also, great td catch!
Good Game Guys
do it again next week!!!
Down the horns!!!

BH_146
08-30-2002, 11:08 PM
Word is #40 has a broken thumb. He should be back soon. I was impressed with Anahuac's offensive line play. They have good size and did a good job of kick-out blocking. I'm glad their backs weren't that fast. Their qb handled their offense very well. He probably could have run more early on and had success. I was also impressed with Anahuac's mixing up their plays. People in District 21AAA had better be ready for the Panthers.

Old Cardinal
08-31-2002, 12:15 PM
Anahuac has some of the best training in basic blocking and tackling in the State. They don't have a host of kids to choose from and rely on developing those boys willing to give-it-all. One thing for sure BH beat a team that was hitting on all 8 cylinders, in AHS. They are certainly going to be a worthy opp. in Dist. play.

QBKilla
08-31-2002, 03:38 PM
#40 will have surgery Tuesday and will be back in action Wednesday. HF Longhorns here we come.