PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer on Texas' site

gtownpoke
02-09-2006, 04:55 PM
There have been a couple of articles on orangebloods.com on some of the guys being recruited from Gilmer and there is one right now under "recruiting" on the front page. Good stuff if you get a chance to read it.

Aesculus gilmus
02-09-2006, 06:32 PM
It's good to see the "Orangebloods" are paying attention to some fellow orangemen in Buckeye country.

I saw a few weeks ago where this same writer labeled Curtis Brown as perhaps the best player in 3A for the upcoming season.

Aesculus gilmus
02-10-2006, 04:02 PM
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=511401

GILMER LOADED WITH 2008 PROSPECTS

Star receiver Curtis Brown will be the headliner on next year's Gilmer team, but get to know the names Justin Johnson and David Snow. Both players are members of the 2008 class and are special talents.

David Snow will be a highly-ranked prospect for 2008.
Snow was a starter at right guard as a freshman on the undefeated state championship team and is a player that has head coach Jeff Traylor very excited.

"David is the best offensive lineman I have coached," Traylor said. "I was on staff at Jacksonville when Jami Hightower was there and David is better at this stage of his career. He has great feet, is a very smart kid and really works to get better. David has a chance to be a special player down the line."

Snow checks in at 6-foot-4, 275 pounds and runs 5.3 in the 40-yard dash and already has a short list of schools he likes.

"I like the powers around the here. I like Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska. I guess Nebraska isn't really a power anymore, but they are getting better. I plan to attend a couple of camps this summer," Snow said.

While Snow is an ultra talented lineman, fellow sophomore Justin Johnson may be the best prospect on the entire Buckeye team. The 6-2, 210-pound running back/linebacker was a dominant force on both sides of the ball this year for Gilmer. He racked up 793 yards rushing on 91 attempts and eight touchdowns, while catching nine passes for 162 yards on the offensive side of the ball. Johnson also recorded over 75 tackles from his outside linebacker position.

Coach Traylor says the sky is the limit for Johnson.

"Justin is a very talented player," Traylor said. "He has the ability to be similar to Adrian Peterson. He isn't as fast as Peterson right now, but he has the same type of build and power. He didn't play a lot of offense this year and still rushed for almost 800 yards. We played him at outside linebacker and he did a very good job for us. He can be as good as he wants to be."

The Buckeyes have a third player in the 2008 class to keep a close eye on. Tight end Justin Fielden is another talented Buckeye player. The 6-4, 233-pounder started this year for the Buckeyes and Coach Traylor sees a lot of potential.

"Justin can move for a big kid. He runs around 4.9 and will be a featured player next year for us. We don't traditionally play a tight end, but Justin will do that for us the next couple of years," Traylor said.

The Buckeyes will start five juniors on the offensive line next year to go with junior TE Fielden.

lostaussie
02-10-2006, 04:20 PM
thanks for posting the whole article. tremendous soph. class that will next year be juniors. those kids nearly all started this year and will come into next year with an abundance of experience. very good times ahead for the buckeyes.

LE FAN
02-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
thanks for posting the whole article. tremendous soph. class that will next year be juniors. those kids nearly all started this year and will come into next year with an abundance of experience. very good times ahead for the buckeyes. Now that just the kind of article a Liberty Eylau fans needs to read:) . All jokes a side wish the young men a great year.

lostaussie
02-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by LE FAN
Now that just the kind of article a Liberty Eylau fans needs to read:) . All jokes a side wish the young men a great year. pretty easy to see this will be a first round matchup. and it should be a dandy. but geez it's along way off.

Old Tiger
02-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Sweet!