PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park Football Schedule

GreenMonster
02-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Here is the tentative 2006 -2007 football schedule for Iowa Park.

1st Scrimmage- Decatur (3A)
2nd Scrimmage-Holliday (2A)

Non-Dist
Week 0-Argyle (3A)
Week 1-Abilene Wylie (3A)
Week 2-Childress (2A)
Week 3-Gainesville (3A)
Week 4-Bridgeport (3A)
Week 5-Comanche (3A)

Dist 6-3A
Week 6-Burkburnett
Week 7-Wichita Falls Hirschi
Week 8-Graham
Week 9-OPEN
Week 10-Vernon

Looks pretty tough to me. Argyle and Childress were both Semi-Finalist or better in 2A last year. Wylie lost a shootout to Gainesville in last year's play-offs and Gainesville didn't get tripped up until the Finals. Bridgeport should have been in the 3A Quarter-Finals if only they had a kicker. Comanche looks to be the weak sister on this line-up and this contest will be played at a neutral site. All other games are to be a Home-&-Home series.

STANG RED
02-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Bridgeport should have been in the 3A Quarter-Finals if only they had a kicker.

Thats no lie. I'll never forget that. That was one of strangest things I have ever seen in a football game. What was it? 7 touchdowns without an extra point by Bridgeport. Or was it 8?

Bullaholic
02-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Thats no lie. I'll never forget that. That was one of strangest things I have ever seen in a football game. What was it? 7 touchdowns without an extra point by Bridgeport. Or was it 8?

Oh, the pain, stang red....It was 7 and I still "replay" every PAT in my mind.

GreenMonster
02-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Thats no lie. I'll never forget that. That was one of strangest things I have ever seen in a football game. What was it? 7 touchdowns without an extra point by Bridgeport. Or was it 8? 7. They got beat 43-42.

STANG RED
02-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Oh, the pain, stang red....It was 7 and I still "replay" every PAT in my mind.

It was painful to watch! I can only imagine what the Bridgeport faithful were gong through.

Chief Ohera
02-09-2006, 02:53 PM
who cares, really, i can see that they are going to play some powder puffs during the non-district games, they just want to beef up their record b/4 going into district play, they always want to look good, getting all of those city boys from WF, but who really cares once district comes around, they will get toasted by the likes of vernon and graham,
if my memory serves me correctly ip hasn't had the upper hand here of lately, speaking of the last four or five years not including this year, i think graham has been dominating this district if i have my facts right, but who knows things can change,
so brothers until next time..................

NateDawg39
02-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
who cares, really, i can see that they are going to play some powder puffs during the non-district games, they just want to beef up their record b/4 going into district play, they always want to look good, getting all of those city boys from WF, but who really cares once district comes around, they will get toasted by the likes of vernon and graham,
if my memory serves me correctly ip hasn't had the upper hand here of lately, speaking of the last four or five years not including this year, i think graham has been dominating this district if i have my facts right, but who knows things can change,
so brothers until next time.................. umm....ok?

STANG RED
02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

3afan
02-09-2006, 03:21 PM

IP last 9 season - only 2 down years ... pretty good :: (8-3)(9-2)(9-3)(8-5)(3-7)(2-8)(9-3)(7-5) (11-2)

IP last 9 seasons :: 66 wins
Graham last 9 seasons :: 64 wins
Vernon last 9 seasons :: 68 wins

L

Bullaholic
02-09-2006, 03:24 PM
IP has always played the Bulls "tough". Don't look for this season's game to be any different. If we can just keep GreenMonster from "streaking" at the game, we'll be doing well.

injuredinmelee
02-09-2006, 03:25 PM
It is apparent that you dont watch many games of the teams you speak on. I think everyone here is in agreement that your post and opinions mean diddly crap. It seems that every synopsis you make you are either degrading a team or trying to incite an argument. It has really grown tiresome.

injuredinmelee
02-09-2006, 03:27 PM
GM where will the IP/Wylie game be next season? I am excited about this one. I hope the two schools are still playing when Lee Clubb gets to High School.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Chief you have your wires crossed. IP won the district two years ago beating Graham in Graham. This year Graham didn't even make the dance due to a loss to Vernon. Before that they won 6 district titles (I believe) in a row. IP has been very good the past few years. It comes and goes. Vernon in the 1990's was a powerhouse. Then in the early 2000's they had a bad streak. They seemed to come out of it going to the regional finals one year and then the semi finals two years later. Then they miss the playoffs completly and get smashed last year in the first round.

It just comes and goes.

Throw in rivalry games and heck you just never know. Burburnett will be the big bully of the district now. You heard it here first.

Bullaholic
02-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Chief you have your wires crossed. IP won the district two years ago beating Graham in Graham. This year Graham didn't even make the dance due to a loss to Vernon. Before that they won 6 district titles (I believe) in a row. IP has been very good the past few years. It comes and goes. Vernon in the 1990's was a powerhouse. Then in the early 2000's they had a bad streak. They seemed to come out of it going to the regional finals one year and then the semi finals two years later. Then they miss the playoffs completly and get smashed last year in the first round.

It just comes and goes.

Throw in rivalry games and heck you just never know. Burburnett will be the big bully of the district now. You heard it here first.

That Week "0" game with Decatur, may be a good indicator of how "salty" Burk will be, ZMotion.

Macarthur
02-09-2006, 04:09 PM
That's a tough schedule. Combined with the fact that IP lost quite a bit to graduation. I don't have a good handle on the Hawks next year. How about you, GM?

VWG
02-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
That's a tough schedule. Combined with the fact that IP lost quite a bit to graduation. I don't have a good handle on the Hawks next year. How about you, GM?

IP did lose a ton to graduation. You don't replace kids like Duggins, Raines, Fulfer, Rusk, etc........ or shall I say it is very hard to replace kids like that.

I think that IP will have a tough time next year. My reasoning is the big losses in the senior class, and the three toughest teams they face in district (Vernon, Graham, Burkburnett) were all young teams last year. Those three teams don't have as much of a rebuilding project to do as IP does. Vernon returns their QB, one of their best RB's, and others. Graham returns their QB, all of their LB's, two OL, two WR's, and others.
Burk, who I thought lost RB Nate Brown, will have him back for his senior year. That kid rushed for over 1,200 yards in 2004 as a sophomore. I thought 2005 was his senior year, but I was mistaken.

GreenMonster
02-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Mac, I feel like IP will be so-so. I predict a play-off birth as the third place team behind Graham and Vernon. I think Burk will be tough but they have a history of trailing off toward the end of the season. Not sure why. They seem to get worse as the season progresses. IP will benefit from the brutal non-district schedule and the extremely high expectations that the 2 previous teams have set out there for them. I project the O-Line to be the key. Expect to see several Soph's come up to join in with a handful of Jrs and Srs. There are some big boys that will be Soph's next year and that fits in nicely with Coach Ellis's cram-it-down-your-throat style. Look for the Hawks to improve each week and slide into the play-offs at 4-6,5-5, or 6-4. Coach Ellis's teams have traditionally peaked late and expect that to ring true once again. The Iowa Park program is on it's feet firmly now will reload more than rebuild.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I think that Burk will be the ones to beat followed by Graham and Vernon. Graham will have a year under the belt with the new system and start to get very comfortable with it. Toward the end of the year watch out for the steers. Vernon should have a solid team. I'm not sure what they will do with the o-coordinator. Butchie called the plays this past year and Vernon ran a lot out of the I. If they make a change there they could go back to more of a wing T. IP has a tough schedule but by the end of the day they will compete to get into the mix. Hirschi may beat somebody next year. I just hope that it is not vernon.

Heck save Hisrchi all four teams in Vernon, IP, Graham and Burk should be competitive.

Gainesville has beaten up on Burk for the past couple of years in nodistrict so I'm not thinking Burk will be a WOS or anything but I do think they will be much more competitive in 3A. (I'm sure that coach Dalke was cheering when he found out they dropped)

lioncountry
02-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Hirschi has had a decent players the past couple of years, it just they don't play as a team.

Chief Ohera
02-20-2006, 02:41 PM
IP has a football team, i thought all they did was rope cows and spit tobacco, i must be wrong, they won district last year, that's suprising considering their lack of competievness and dominance,
i could have sworn they didn't know how to play football , but who knows they might possibly come around this year after a summer full of being cowboy's
so brothers that's all i've got for right now,
so until next time..................
forever and always your buddy
the CHIEF of district 6-3a

DaHop72
02-20-2006, 04:07 PM
who cares, really,they will get toasted by the likes of vernon and graham,
Hey Stang Red, this sounds alot like DominicFrank doesn't it?

STANG RED
02-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

It'll make you think of ole DominicFrank all right, but I hate to cut Dominic that deep. Dominic is a huge Vernon homer, but the Chief is just a huge idiot.

sww-bull52
02-20-2006, 04:32 PM
It'll make you think of ole DominicFrank all right, but I hate to cut Dominic that deep. Dominic is a huge Vernon homer, but the Chief is just a huge idiot.

Agreed RED. Only an idiot would post on something like that that he has NO IDEA what he's talking about. Maybe he's just trying(unsuccessfully) to be funny.

DaHop72
02-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
[B]Agreed RED. Only an idiot would post on something like that that he has NO IDEA what he's talking about.B] And that Bull is the chief in a nutshell.

mustang04
02-20-2006, 04:38 PM
ooohhh chief.....ur posts never fail to amuse me:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
02-20-2006, 04:39 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: It does..it does!!

sww-bull52
02-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:clap: :clap: :clap: It does..it does!!

:D :D :D

GreenMonster
02-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I wish I knew where ol' Chief was from. Probably one of the Boro's, Pottsboro or Whitesboro. Lack of playoff exposure makes one bitter.

injuredinmelee
02-20-2006, 05:30 PM
i know a place id like to insert the size 13.

HighSchool Fan
02-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

Gainesville has beaten up on Burk for the past couple of years in nodistrict so I'm not thinking Burk will be a WOS or anything but I do think they will be much more competitive in 3A.

Z, i'm debating on weather that's an insult to Gainesville or not.

Chief Ohera
02-20-2006, 07:03 PM
i love all the sweetwater hoppers geting on here and talking their big game, they sound like high school kids who should be at school or studyind rather than on here hypeing their schools up, IP is good but they haven't done anything the past couple of years that's worth talking about, now on the other hand their are other schools in that district who have done more things and have made deeper playoff runs in all sport than that of the likes of IP, VERNON and Graham, has always had their number from what i can recall from my brain, they are always up there but always seem to choke kinda like all the sweetwater athletic programs.
so now that's all i have folks.
so until next time..............
your buddy the CHIEF

STANG RED
02-20-2006, 07:11 PM
i love all the sweetwater hoppers geting on here and talking their big game, they sound like high school kids who should be at school or studyind rather than on here hypeing their schools up, IP is good but they haven't done anything the past couple of years that's worth talking about, now on the other hand their are other schools in that district who have done more things and have made deeper playoff runs in all sport than that of the likes of IP, VERNON and Graham, has always had their number from what i can recall from my brain, they are always up there but always seem to choke kinda like all the sweetwater athletic programs.
your buddy the CHIEF

I seriously doubt this is all you have Chief. Recent history has proven, you will probably make an even more idiotic post before the day is out. Although, I must admit, this one will be hard to outdo. But I'm sure you have it in you.

mrescape43
02-20-2006, 07:21 PM

It is scary how much this goofball sounds like DominicFrank.

GreenMonster
02-20-2006, 07:53 PM
your buddy the CHIEF

hmmmmmm....... Seems to me that both IP and Sweetwater have more State titles than either Vernon or Graham.

STANG RED
02-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Anybody ever notice how the views count sours on a thread that Cheif has posted on. Everybody has to look and see if he has outdone himself from his latest stupid statement. And he probably generates 10 to 12 others posts to his every 1 on average. What a guy! I wonder if he's a plant?

sww-bull52
02-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Anybody ever notice how the views count sours on a thread that Cheif has posted on. Everybody has to look and see if he has outdone himself from his latest stupid statement. And he probably generates 10 to 12 others posts to his every 1 on average. What a guy! I wonder if he's a plant?

Naw, I don't mind having conversations with plants. At least they have some idea of what they are talking about.

Chief Ohera
02-20-2006, 10:02 PM
come on my solely brothers, just tell me please how many state titles IP has won since the year 2000 and also tell me how many state and regional appearances any one of their athletic program has been too,
not many i assume and know,
i know for a fact that vernon and graham both have outnumbered them in state and regionals apperances,
so that's all i have for right now if you want to know more and here more from me just stay tuned in B/C i will be around, i always am,
so until next time...............
forever and always your buddy and friend the CHIEF, of i don't know what,
BOOMER SOONER................

VWG
02-20-2006, 10:08 PM
come on my solely brothers, just tell me please how many state titles IP has won since the year 2000 and also tell me how many state and regional appearances any one of their athletic program has been too,
not many i assume and know,
i know for a fact that vernon and graham both have outnumbered them in state and regionals apperances,
so that's all i have for right now if you want to know more and here more from me just stay tuned in B/C i will be around, i always am,
so until next time...............
forever and always your buddy and friend the CHIEF, of i don't know what,
BOOMER SOONER................

So let's see the facts. You got the stats, roll them out. Prove it to everyone.

mustang04
02-20-2006, 10:49 PM
someone on this thread is a COMPLETE moron...im not giving any hints to who, or sayin their name...but they are an IDIOT!!!!!

GreenMonster
02-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Chief, I hope your computer catches that awful virus that you have. That way it will crash and we won't have to read the diarrhea you consistently post.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Z, i'm debating on weather that's an insult to Gainesville or not.

No it is not. The Gainesville teams of recent past have been the best 3A has to offer and that is why they beat up on Burk. That being said, I think Burk will be tough competition in 3A. (One might argue that Gainesville whipped them the past several years even though they were 4A, which is true but Gainesville has had some very good teams.