PDA

View Full Version : DMN: Vince Young to focus on NBA

3afan
02-09-2006, 11:09 AM
from DMN ::
LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/020906dnspoyoungallstar.afa1ce7.html)

Vince Young to focus on NBA
Former UT QB to host NBA All-Star coverage on TNT broadband

09:20 PM CST on Wednesday, February 8, 2006
By CHIP BROWN / The Dallas Morning News

AUSTIN – Former Texas quarterback Vince Young has been tapped by TNT to be the week-long host of TNT OverTime All-Star '06 – programming shown on a broadband channel at NBA.com beginning Monday.

The NBA All-Star Game is Sunday, Feb. 19, in Houston.

According to the network, "Young will use his Texas-sized personality to take viewers behind the scenes of TNT's NBA All-Star coverage and provide a unique on-line glimpse into the star-studded All-Star festivities."

Young will serve as a tour guide of his native Houston, report from the NBA All-Star events and give behind-the-scenes reports from parties, including Alonzo Mourning and Magic Johnson's 8-Ball Tournament, according to a TNT statement.

All of Young's reports will be available exclusively via broadband video at NBA.com.

"I'm honored to join TNT's coverage of the All-Star events," Young said in a statement. "As an ambassador for Houston, I look forward to interacting with players, celebrities and fans visiting our city."

Young, who has openly lobbied for the Houston Texans to draft him with the first overall pick, is working out in Houston in preparation for the NFL combine in Indianapolis beginning Feb. 22. Young plans to throw and interview with NFL teams but not run or work out.

3afan
02-09-2006, 11:10 AM
lets see ..... i wonder who will chime in to bash VY :thinking:

Bullaholic
02-09-2006, 11:12 AM
When I first read your post, 3AFan, I asked myself---"Vince Young is going to play in the NBA?".

KTJ
02-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
lets see ..... i wonder who will chime in to bash VY :thinking:

What's the over/under on Chief Ohera saying something a.) stupid b.) uneducated and c.) stupid which does nothing but show his dying man love for VY on this thread?

:thinking:

Bullaholic
02-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
What's the over/under on Chief Ohera saying something a.) stupid b.) uneducated and c.) stupid which does nothing but show his dying man love for VY on this thread?

Take it easy on the Chief, KTJ---after all we all are "brothers". Gooner Sooner. :D

STANG RED
02-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

I'll put a million on both a & b, but as for c, I dont know. What are the odds?

Bullaholic
02-09-2006, 11:26 AM
nm. I'm having trouble editing this a.m.

neck_06
02-09-2006, 01:58 PM
so are they gonna let vince play in the All-Star game or what?