PDA

View Full Version : Is Breckenridge Scared???

Super Steer 3
02-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Whats the deal with Breckenridge dropping out of playin Graham in ANY sport. I realize that they are no longer in Graham's district but they have been scheduled to play Graham in football and basketball as well as PK relays next year but quickly dropped out. Now they no longer will play us in anything. Are they just tired of getting beat or what?

BreckTxLonghorn
02-08-2006, 01:49 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41236&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

Its been discussed.

Chief Ohera
02-08-2006, 02:07 PM
yes i believe they are, the steers have had their number in all sports the past five or so years, so it is smart that they don't play them in any sport b/c they will get tanked more than likely, they don't have the athletes that they once had,
so brothers for or until next time........
the chief

Pmoney
02-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
yes i believe they are, the steers have had their number in all sports the past five or so years, so it is smart that they don't play them in any sport b/c they will get tanked more than likely, they don't have the athletes that they once had,
so brothers for or until next time........
the chief

hey ohera im just wondering are what are you chief of....idiots???

3afan
02-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
hey ohera im just wondering are what are you chief of....idiots???

ha - good question

Spaceman_Spiff
02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Apparently there were some hard feelings at the end of the game this past season, and both coaches pretty much made idiots of themselves. Graham won the game, but Breck ended up as District Champions and Graham missed the playoffs for the first time since 1999. Graham is on a 6 game winning streak against Breck, but Breck won the previous 4, with some great athletes.

The game between Breck and Graham was always one to watch. In 1998, Breck was ranked #1 in the State with a great group of kids. Graham ended the season 2-8, but the game was awesome, with Breck ending up on top 25-21, and shouldn't have even been close. Before this year, Graham had the better kids, but Breck always stayed in the game because their kids were tough.

The fans from both sides have always been rabid, but isn't that what makes great rivalries?

BreckTxLonghorn
02-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Spaceman_Spiff

The fans from both sides have always been rabid, but isn't that what makes great rivalries?

Yes, I agree, it does. But also remember this is high school. These are kids that go to school in the day and play at night. Its small town, so few have a chance of playing college ball or even NFL. They play hard, but they dont need fans from the others side personally taunting them (which is what happened in the basketball games). It's one thing to cheer for your team, and even heckle a bit (aiiiirballll, etc), and its not that big of a deal in football because the players are pretty separated on the field. But basketball games its very easy to hear harsh comments, and the players don't deserve that.

I know that its gotten so bad that Breckenridge adopted a new code of conduct for anybody at a sporting event in order to prevent anything like what has been going on from happening again. I wish it wouldn't be this way, and the rivalry has been rough for years, but obviously something had to have been VERY bad one way or another for Breckenridge to cancel it.

Bullaholic
02-10-2006, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Yes, I agree, it does. But also remember this is high school. These are kids that go to school in the day and play at night. Its small town, so few have a chance of playing college ball or even NFL. They play hard, but they dont need fans from the others side personally taunting them (which is what happened in the basketball games). It's one thing to cheer for your team, and even heckle a bit (aiiiirballll, etc), and its not that big of a deal in football because the players are pretty separated on the field. But basketball games its very easy to hear harsh comments, and the players don't deserve that.

I know that its gotten so bad that Breckenridge adopted a new code of conduct for anybody at a sporting event in order to prevent anything like what has been going on from happening again. I wish it wouldn't be this way, and the rivalry has been rough for years, but obviously something had to have been VERY bad one way or another for Breckenridge to cancel it.

Bridgeport played Breckenridge twice last season---once during pre-district and once in the playoffs. The Bulls managed to win both games in close, hard-fought contests, and at no time did I witness any objectionable behavior acts by the Breckenridge team, coaches, or fans. Rabid, yes---but so are Bulls fans. Loud, yes--but so were the Bulls fans. Maybe we do not have a traditional rivalry with Breckenridge such as Graham has had thru the years, but I enjoyed playing the Buckeroos last season, and a couple of times in prior years, and look forward to traveling to Breckenridge and playing them again next season in Week 0---they have a long, proud, winning tradition in Texas High School football and playing Teams with such outstanding tradition, passionate fans, and dedicated players and coaches is what true Texas High school football is all about----playing hard and clean---cheering loud---and respecting your opponent win or lose after the game. If next season's contest between us is anything like the last 2---the fans of both teams have a lot to look forward to in Week 0. Best of Luck to the Buckeroos---short of a Week 0 win, of course.