PDA

View Full Version : new monday night football crew

DU_stud04
02-08-2006, 12:20 PM
BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) -- Former quarterback Joe Theismann, Washington Post columnist Tony Kornheiser and Mike Tirico will be the broadcast crew for "Monday Night Football" next season as the long-running show shifts to ESPN from ABC.

The moves leave Al Michaels free to switch to NBC, which takes over Sunday night games next season from ESPN. John Madden, Michaels' broadcast partner for the last four seasons, agreed in June to a six-year contract with NBC.

At a news conference in July, Michaels said he would remain with "Monday Night Football" when it switched to ESPN. He was to be paired with Theismann, who had broadcast Sunday night games on ESPN with Mike Patrick and Paul Maguire.

Mike Breen will replace Michaels as the lead NBA play-by-play announcer on ABC/ESPN. He will be joined by former NBA coach Hubie Brown, hired in December 2004 as the analyst.

Theismann was an NFL quarterback for 12 seasons and had worked on ESPN's Sunday night games since 1988. In addition to working for the Post, Kornheiser has co-hosted "Pardon the Interruption" on ESPN since September 2001 with Michael Wilbon, another Post writer.

Tirico has been a "SportsCenter" host for ESPN and handled play-by-play of the last Orange Bowl. He has worked for ESPN and ABC since 1991.

Michele Tafoya returns for her third season as a "Monday Night Football" sideline reporter, and Suzy Kolber was added as a second sideline reporter.

JasperDog94
02-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Please get rid of Joe Theismann. He is so biased it's not even funny.

Maroon87
02-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Tony Kornheiser? Is that a joke?:confused:

cheatchu
02-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Yea i cant stand him.

DU_stud04
02-08-2006, 01:10 PM
yea, i was kinda dissapointed with the new guys they picked out....seriously....couldnt they get anyone better?

Keith7
02-08-2006, 01:17 PM

What will happen to PTI?!

Highschoolfan78
02-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Did Madden retire now or did he switch as well? no more BOOOM? AND CIRCLES?

JasperDog94
02-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
What will happen to PTI?! Nothing. It will stay the same according to Mike & Mike.

JasperDog94
02-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Did Madden retire now or did he switch as well? no more BOOOM? AND CIRCLES? Madden is going to NBC. Rumor has it that Michaels will follow him there. Madden signed a 6 year deal, I think.

JasperDog94
02-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Tony Kornheiser? Is that a joke?:confused: He's better than Theismann. But that's not saying much.

GreenMonster
02-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
He's better than Theismann. But that's not saying much.

At least they didn't go get another Rush Limbaugh type. Cornheiser will be OK. Wilbon would have been better IMO. They should have gone after Aikman and put Irvin with him in the booth and made the Moose the sideline guy. :D

Bulldog_12
02-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
What will happen to PTI?!

ESPN reported that PTI will be done on the road wherever MNF is that night, then switch back to studio the next day. BTW, I dont like these guys coming in. I think Kornheiser is good, but only in PTI format.

eagles_victory
02-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I know Kornheiser has interviewed for the job before I think they picked Dennis Miller over him when he interviewed. I am not so sure how he will be on Monday Night Football though.

ILS1
02-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Kornheiser is the most annoy personality on the air today. Well,next to Steven A. Smith and Bill Walton. Kornheiser likes to argue just for the sake of arguing. He SCREAMS trying to get his point across EVERYTIME and most of the time it's just dumb anyway!!! He is SO East Coast biased it's not even funny!!! While Steven A. Smith is ALWAYS on Kobe Bryant's sac.!!! I feel sorry for Michael Wilbon who has to work with Kornheiser everyday!!!

:D

sahen
02-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Madden is going to NBC. Rumor has it that Michaels will follow him there. Madden signed a 6 year deal, I think.
so since they have the olympics that means Michaels will be doing the Olympics again if he signs a deal long enough....that will be cool....but Madden maybe doing the Olympics would be weird, however his "booms" might be funnier when applied to bobsleding, skiing or other olympic sports...

JasperDog94
02-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by sahen
but Madden maybe doing the Olympics would be weird, however his "booms" might be funnier when applied to bobsleding, skiing or other olympic sports... Now that's funny...BOOM!!!