PDA

View Full Version : A good movie on the Western Channel last night!

Phil C
02-08-2006, 10:01 AM
I wasn't going to watch it because I didn't know about it but my wife found the movie God's Gun just before it came on and we watched it and it was very good (not as good as Dawn at Socorro but what movie is? :) ) Anyway this movie was made in 1976 in Italy or Spain and the voices were dubbed in but it was still a good western that you can enjoy (It does have a few R rated scenes so beware). One of the stars is Lee Van Cleef who made many great movies including High Noon, The Good, Bad and Ugly with Client Eastwood to name a few. He is great as he plays twin borthers - one a priest and the other a reformed, retired gunfighter living a peaceful life in Mexico. Jack Palance is magnificient as the leader of the outlaws. He won the best supporting actor oscar for his role in City Slickers and appeared in many great movies including Shanke.
Richard Boone who appeared in many movies such as 100 Rifles and The Shootest, and Big Jake and was a tv star as Paladine in Have Gun Will Travel as well as Hex Ramsey. He was devastating as a washed up sheriff who redeems himself in the movie.
Also Leif Garrett appears as young Johnny and he is very good. He later became a teen idol in the late seventies and made several hit albums.
Jack Palance's son Cody appears as one of Palance's nephews called Zeke and he is very good in the movie too.
Truly a great movie and I will post when it is on again and fortune smiled on me last night as I was able to catch it thanks to my wife.

Ranger Mom
02-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

Also Leif Garrett appears as young Johnny and he is very good. He later became a teen idol in the late seventies and made several hit albums.

and now he is a heroin addict!:(

Phil C
02-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Sybil Danning play's Leif's mother in the movie and she was very beautiful. Too bad she didn't get big star status in America.

Phil C
02-08-2006, 05:40 PM
The thing about this movie is that is made so unusual that you are spellbound from start to finish even with its' minor faults.