PDA

View Full Version : Subvarsity Rules Question

kepdawg
02-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Are there any limitations concerning a player participating in a freshman and a jv event in the same day?

BreckTxLonghorn
02-08-2006, 01:21 AM
As far as I know they can play for one level per week (either freshman, JV, or Varsity), and that's it. The only time this can be broken is during scrimmages and whatnot.

BreckTxLonghorn
02-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Oh, and that's per sport, so a JV cross country runner can play varsity football that night, or whatever else you want to substitute in.

PPHSfan
02-08-2006, 03:27 AM
Actually you are wrong.

A freshman can play on both the freshman team and the jv team in the same day. Both are considered sub-varsity, and no rule keeps them from playing both. However, a student cannot play at both the subvarsity and varsity levels in the same week.

Hupernikomen
02-08-2006, 08:16 AM
I am pretty sure PPHS is right.

raider red 2000
02-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Actually you are wrong.

A freshman can play on both the freshman team and the jv team in the same day. Both are considered sub-varsity, and no rule keeps them from playing both. However, a student cannot play at both the subvarsity and varsity levels in the same week.

i have heard that there is a limit to the number of games that can be played during a week.

last year i saw a girl play in a frehman game and then a JV game ...basketball...and i believe that the coach had to explain why she played in both to the district committee and then the JV team had to forfeit the game.

i think that they said that a kid can only play 2 games a week.....she played 2 on friday and one on tuesday.

at least this is the way i had heard it ....could be wrong :)

kaorder1999
02-08-2006, 09:50 AM
when I was in high school and that was the late 90's, in basketball you could play in two non-tournament games per week. We had a freshman that played in both the Freshman and Varsity games one week because that was the only team we played that week. Unless the rule has changed it used to state that you could only play in two non-tournament games per week. The only time you can play in more then two games during the week is if its a tournament.

kepdawg
02-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the response. Looks like I might have to actually look up the rules.

3&2count
02-08-2006, 10:15 AM
19 games and two tournaments
17 games and three tournaments

no more than 6 games in a tournament and
no more than 3 games in one day.

A girl can play Varsity and Jv or Freshman in the same week.
A coach can move a girl up and down to play on different teams.

She will use up total games for the season no matter what team she is playing on at the time. The all count against the 17 or 19 for the year.

kaorder1999
02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
in basketball they can play 21 games plus 3 tournaments.

They can play two games a week (any level)

so they CAN play a Freshman and Varsity game on same day as long as that is their only two games they play in for that week.