PDA

View Full Version : For Wise county residents

NateDawg39
02-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Well it looks like with the new 8-3A district, the Battle of the Big Sandy wont be the same. It has been a battle for 1st place the last 4 or so years and now with Argyle and Gainesville in the picture, it looks like it wont be just for 1st place but a fight for a playoff spot. I just thought I would add my peice of mind to the table this morning before class starts so.....there it is.:) But it is good to see Bowie back in our district like they were all through the 90's. Now if Boyd would move up into 3A it would be like old times:D

Bullaholic
02-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Well it looks like with the new 8-3A district, the Battle of the Big Sandy wont be the same. It has been a battle for 1st place the last 4 or so years and now with Argyle and Gainesville in the picture, it looks like it wont be just for 1st place but a fight for a playoff spot. I just thought I would add my peice of mind to the table this morning before class starts so.....there it is.:) But it is good to see Bowie back in our district like they were all through the 90's. Now if Boyd would move up into 3A it would be like old times:D

Nate---I think the "Battle of Big Sandy" will always be the same, regardless of the other teams in the district. I agree that there may be a lot more contested playoff spots this season---too many good teams to all get through the "playoff door". It's a "Only the Strong Will Survive" playoff scenario for sure.

slpybear the bullfan
02-08-2006, 12:10 AM
I agree, the Battle of Big Sandy will always be a crazy big game. But, I do think the new district will add several big games to the district race... and I like that.