PDA

View Full Version : Come On People!

Phil C
02-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Show some gratitude and love! The Super Bowl folks went all out to bring you a great game and first rate entertainment and spared no expense. At least show some grateful appreciation. And you have to remember this is the super bowl. The NFL is going to have the best officials in the business out there - men who are much more well trained. So be greatful and let's be positive about what may perhaps be a record setting super bowl for tv viewing numbers!

(Bet you thought I was going to be writing about other things didn't you?) :)

Ranger Mom
02-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
\

(Best you thought I was going to be writing about other things didn't you?) :)

WOW!! That's scary!!

YES I DID!!!!:eek:

Snyder_TigerFan
02-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
So be greatful and let's be positive about what may perhaps be a record setting super bowl for tv viewing numbers!

Close, but not quite...

Viewing Numbers (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060206/ap_on_en_tv/super_bowl_ratings)

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Right you are, Phil C.-- No expense was spared...no stone left unturned to provide we viewers with top-notch sports and halftime entertainent. Heck, who knows...if we keep going maybe we can get Tony Bennett , Andy Williams, or Carol Channing for halftime entertaiment and maybe even get Stevie Wonder, Jose Feliciano, and Ronnie Millsap to officiate.

(I am in no way making fun of the serious handicap of blindness--but rather using the example of these celebrities in commenting about some of the offciating of this year's Super Bowl).

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Right you are, Phil C.-- No expense was spared...no stone left unturned to provide we viewers with top-notch sports and halftime entertainent. Heck, who knows...if we keep going maybe we can get Tony Bennett , Andy Williams, or Carol Channing for halftime entertaiment and maybe even get Stevie Wonder, Jose Feliciano, and Ronnie Millsap to officiate.

(I am in no way making fun of the serious handicap of blindness--but rather using the example of these celebrities in commenting about some of the offciating of this year's Super Bowl). Well said my 11th mile enemy. Thats something us kids say when we talk about the distance between us.

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Well said my 11th mile enemy. Thats something us kids say when we talk about the distance between us.

Well, us "old guys" across Sandy refer to you guys as the "Evil Eastern Empire"---and, BTW Nate....you ain't a "boy" anymore since you have gotten "hitched" and I think are 21, or close. Anyhow, you can officially"pee" in the tall grass with us men.

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah...im 19 and feel close to 30. Speaking of "peeing in tall grass".....Ill be back in a sec.:)

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 04:03 PM
I kinda like the name "Evil Eastern Empire", it sounds like we are dominant over our enemies!:D Oh wait we are dominant over the Western influence.

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 04:21 PM
We better get this thread back "on message", Nate---the "Godfather" does not take kindly to the pirateing of his threads.

CenTexSports
02-06-2006, 04:23 PM
So what are some of your favorite Pirate movies? I can't think of the name of any that just stand out.

JasperDog94
02-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Close, but not quite...

Viewing Numbers (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060206/ap_on_en_tv/super_bowl_ratings)

"The "Grey's Anatomy" episode after the game was seen by 38.1 million people, Nielsen said. That's 15 million more than has ever watched a single episode of the medical soap. It was the most-watched entertainment program of the season so far — even beating "American Idol.""

lol...no. Most of those people were folks that left their tvs on after falling asleep because the game was so boring. Maybe next year the officials will let the team play.

UPanIN
02-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
(I am in no way making fun of the serious handicap of blindness--but rather using the example of these celebrities in commenting about some of the offciating of this year's Super Bowl).

Nice dis-claimer.:D

ILS1
02-06-2006, 05:10 PM
When the Dallas Cowboys beat the Steelers in 1996, there were 94.1 million people watching.

Proof that the Cowboys are STILL America's Team!!! LOL!!!

UPanIN
02-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Anyone notice the NFL commerical with the little girl wearing the t-shirt that read "Anyone but the Cowboys"?

Wonder if that hurt Jimmy's feelings?

AP Panther Fan
02-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Anyone notice the NFL commerical with the little girl wearing the t-shirt that read "Anyone but the Cowboys"?

Wonder if that hurt Jimmy's feelings?

I saw that and it really kinda ticked me off. I kept watching to see who the advertiser was going to be and it turned out to be the NFL.:mad:

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Its harmless fun. How about a shirt that states "Anyone but Bridgeport". Just because im from Decatur and...ya know rivalry...so I thought I would through that out there.

AP Panther Fan
02-06-2006, 06:45 PM
You're right in that it is not a big deal either way, but I really don't understand the NFL having that in an ad when the Dallas Cowboys are a franchise just like any other team playing. You didn't see people holding signs saying "anyone but those darn redskins".

Call me crazy, but it just doesn't seem appropriate.

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 06:49 PM
BURNINATOR!!!!!! I have not one idea where that came from...

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You're right in that it is not a big deal either way, but I really don't understand the NFL having that in an ad when the Dallas Cowboys are a franchise just like any other team playing. You didn't see people holding signs saying "anyone but those darn redskins".

Call me crazy, but it just doesn't seem appropriate.

I think there are a lot NFL cities and fans that never forgave the Cowboys when they took on the "America's Team" mantle in the 70's, AP, so they all kinda figured it is always o.k. to "gang up" on the Cowboys. I say--"Bring em' on".

District303aPastPlayer
02-06-2006, 09:44 PM
anyone know where i can get a shirt like that one the lil girl wore?

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
anyone know where i can get a shirt like that one the lil girl wore?

Yep--Washington, D.C or Philadelphia, PA would probably have all you want.

Phil C
02-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I saw that and it really kinda ticked me off. I kept watching to see who the advertiser was going to be and it turned out to be the NFL.:mad:

That's ok! Stick with college football. It is still better even with the BCS nonsense. :)