PDA

View Full Version : Did any team in 3a outscore ......

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 10:04 AM
their preseason opponents 267-3 in 2005?

3afan
02-06-2006, 10:06 AM
i assume so since you didnt pull that numberr out of the air

or did you :thinking:

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 10:06 AM
The only thing I ever pull out of the air is Money.

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
i assume so since you didnt pull that numberr out of the air

or did you :thinking:

you can probably tell he's already jumped on the celina bandwagon

lostaussie
02-06-2006, 10:16 AM
i would venture to say not. the point of your post being...............

lostaussie
02-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
you can probably tell he's already jumped on the celina bandwagon i bet he's got many friends:)

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 10:38 AM

That is BS and you know it.

I have been a Celina supporter for years.

I can show you posts from years back.

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 10:39 AM
So anyway....did any team even come close to those numbers?

lostaussie
02-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

I can show you posts from years back. i thought pilot point and celina were bitter enemies?

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i thought pilot point and celina were bitter enemies?

There is a big difference between rivals and enemies.

Adidas410s
02-06-2006, 11:13 AM
There is a big difference between rivals and enemies.
once PP accepted that they are #2 w/o GA at the helm...they have learned to root for Celina! :rolleyes:

Hupernikomen
02-06-2006, 11:17 AM
their preseason opponents 267-3 in 2005?

I would imagine there were several who garnered 267 but doubt anyone was very close to the 3. None in this area for sure.

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
once PP accepted that they are #2 w/o GA at the helm...they have learned to root for Celina! :rolleyes:

they were #2 even with GA the last go-around.

Ranger Mom
02-06-2006, 11:50 AM

He's been on the Celina bandwagon for awhile now!!

NateDawg39
The only two teams I can think of that come close are the 2004 Decatur Eagles who racked up 230 and the SLC Dragons...even though they are 5A. I think they had like 240 somethin or another. Of course the Eagles and Dragons gave up on Defense. I think we gave up like 48 points or so.

STANG RED
Most superior teams have enough class, to put in the reserves, and not run up huge scores on lowly teams. There is no call for beating a team by 70 points. It doesnt do anybody any good.

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Most superior teams have enough class, to put in the reserves, and not run up huge scores on lowly teams. There is no call for beating a team by 70 points. It doesnt do anybody any good. Ok, how about when I was playing a few years back and our reserves put up 35 or so on the opponets 1st team. We run it up the middle and they still cant stop em. Dont tell me we are supposed to fall down for people?

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Hmmmm....Pottsboro & Nevada Community. :thinking: :thinking: Their playoff wins are actually more impressive to me, since at least those were all quality opponents.

STANG RED
02-06-2006, 12:03 PM
IMO, there are always enough scrubs that seldom ever get in to play, that could be used to hold scores down.

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 12:09 PM
IMO, there are always enough scrubs that seldom ever get in to play, that could be used to hold scores down.

it looks like we agree on something.

they don't agree with that over there. run it up as much as you can is their motto.

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 12:11 PM
I accidentaly run it up on people on Madden 06...My record is 123 i think...hehehehe:D

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 12:14 PM
This link tells the Celina "story" pretty well:

http://www.celinafootball.com/pages/5/index.htm

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Most superior teams have enough class, to put in the reserves, and not run up huge scores on lowly teams. There is no call for beating a team by 70 points. It doesnt do anybody any good.

Celina's average fourth quarter score in 2005 was 7 points. Their average game score was 50 points. I guess Celina should have allowed the other teams to score as well, to show some "class".

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This link tells the Celina "story" pretty well:

http://www.celinafootball.com/pages/5/index.htm

I think THIS (http://www.texasfootballratings.com/2005OverallMargVictoryLeader(1-300).html) is the story that tells it all.:p

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Celina's average fourth quarter score in 2005 was 7 points. Their average game score was 50 points. I guess Celina should have allowed the other teams to score as well, to show some "class". thats class in my opinion. Decatur averaged 7 aswell when I played. and our avg. score was 49

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 12:22 PM
O.k, PPHSFan....time to have some "fun". How bad do you think Celina would beat the following teams this season:

Sweetwater
WO-S
Snyder
Cuero

I'll come back and check on you later to see if there's anything "left" of you. :D

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 12:22 PM
I think THIS (http://www.texasfootballratings.com/2005OverallMargVictoryLeader(1-300).html) is the story that tells it all.:p

what is that suppose to tell us?? go back to their non-district and explain why they ran it up against very, very weak teams.

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 12:28 PM
what is that suppose to tell us?? go back to their non-district and explain why they ran it up against very, very weak teams. its obvious to me...they like to run it up to pad the stat sheet....:D Thats the real story

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 12:29 PM
O.k, PPHSFan....time to have some "fun". How bad do you think Celina would beat the following teams this season:

Sweetwater
WO-S
Snyder
Cuero

I'll come back and check on you later to see if there's anything "left" of you. :D oh and toss Bridgeport and Gainesville for my enjoyment.

STANG RED
02-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Celina's average fourth quarter score in 2005 was 7 points. Their average game score was 50 points. I guess Celina should have allowed the other teams to score as well, to show some "class".

All I can tell you is, If you just dont get it, you just dont get it. Maybe you will some day. I have a feeling, today isnt that day though.
A few more years of perspective might make a little difference.

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
oh and toss Bridgeport and Gainesville for my enjoyment.

lol Nate. I just wanted to see if PPHSFan has the "cajones" to take on some of the most "vocal" fan majorities on the board---of course, I know I will be "rewarded" with my answer very soon.......

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 12:35 PM
oh and toss Bridgeport and Gainesville for my enjoyment.

we could of found out about Gainesville and Celina if a certain team would of played Gainesville.

STANG RED
02-06-2006, 12:39 PM
lol Nate. I just wanted to see if PPHSFan has the "cajones" to take on some of the most "vocal" fan majorities on the board---of course, I know I will be "rewarded" with my answer very soon.......

I have wanted to use the word "cajones" on an occasion or two on here, but didnt know how to spell it. Are you sure this is correct? If so, thanks for the lesson Bullaholic.

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 12:40 PM

Sweetwater
WO-S
Snyder
Cuero

I'll come back and check on you later to see if there's anything "left" of you. :D

Well according to Jerry's, Celina's final power rating was 190.75

Sweetwater's was 181.56

WOS was 185.62

Snyder was 171.79

and Cuero was 188.84

but with that being said.

My guess is they would have beaten West Orange Stark and Snyder both this year, played Sweetwater close, and lost to Cuero by a touchdown.

And if you think that little number 2 in front of their name means anything then maybe you should go watch Celina play sometime.

With arguably one of the finest coaching staffs in the state, more fans in the seats than many schools four and five times their size, and more kids and coaches on the sidelines than ninety percent of the teams in 3a, I would venture to say that the only way the number 2 relates to Celina would be the ranking of the first team behind them in the state.

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 12:41 PM
All I can tell you is, If you just dont get it, you just dont get it. Maybe you will some day. I have a feeling, today isnt that day though.
A few more years of perspective might make a little difference.

That's funny right there....I don't care who you are.

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I have wanted to use the word "cajones" on an occasion or two on here, but didnt know how to spell it. Are you sure this is correct? If so, thanks for the lesson Bullaholic.

I, like PPHSFan stated about himself, am NEVER wrong, Stang Red....:D

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Well according to Jerry's, Celina's final power rating was 190.75

Sweetwater's was 181.56

WOS was 185.62

Snyder was 171.79

and Cuero was 188.84

but with that being said.

My guess is they would have beaten West Orange Stark and Snyder both this year, played Sweetwater close, and lost to Cuero by a touchdown.

And if you think that little number 2 in front of their name means anything then maybe you should go watch Celina play sometime.

With arguably one of the finest coaching staffs in the state, more fans in the seats than many schools four and five times their size, and more kids and coaches on the sidelines than ninety percent of the teams in 3a, I would venture to say that the only way the number 2 relates to Celina would be the ranking of the first team behind them in the state.

I'll never live long enough to figure you out, PPHSFan---just when I give you the perfect opportunity to be "zany'...you go all "serious" on me. :D

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 12:47 PM
we could of found out about Gainesville and Celina if a certain team would of played Gainesville.

I guess you are too young to remember all the way back to 2002 and 2003:p

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 12:52 PM
what is that suppose to tell us?? go back to their non-district and explain why they ran it up against very, very weak teams.

I guess with being a 2a school, they couldn't find any 4a or 5a teams in their area that were willing to play them so they had to settle for thumping around the poor little 3a teams.

Maybe you could explain what you mean.

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I guess you are too young to remember all the way back to 2002 and 2003:p

they was required to play then. seems like you can't remember that far back :p

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I guess with being a 2a school, they couldn't find any 4a or 5a teams in their area that were willing to play them so they had to settle for thumping around the poor little 3a teams.

i think someone already posted it...pottsboro and nevada community.

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 01:03 PM
i think someone already posted it...pottsboro and nevada community.

I just wonder what Pottsboro and Nevada Community did in 2004 that made them seem like such a patsy to the coaches. I mean why else would they schedule them? Oh wait. I guess they had a crystal ball and just knew that they would be doormats in 2005.

Rabbit'93
02-06-2006, 01:04 PM

is Celina good? you bet. Are they great? In 2A yes. In 3A no. I'd be interested to see the number of kids that moved in to Celina in the past several years.

I can't figure out why you're hyping them so much, but I can guarantee you've got somethign up your sleeves.:devil:

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 01:06 PM
I just wonder what Pottsboro and Nevada Community did in 2004 that made them seem like such a patsy to the coaches. I mean why else would they schedule them? Oh wait. I guess they had a crystal ball and just knew that they would be doormats in 2005.

when was the last year they wasn't doormats?? keep twisting things, you might find something that sticks eventually.

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

I can't figure out why you're hyping them so much, but I can guarantee you've got somethign up your sleeves.:devil:

I am typing naked today.

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

if ya can't beat them, ya might as well join them.

Gobbla2001
02-06-2006, 01:21 PM

I can show you posts from years back.

You don't need to show anyone anything, you're Psquared, you can do anything you want... though you are true, you have always givin' them support...

Keith7
02-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Congrats last year to Celina.. A 3A sized school in the 2A DIVISION 2 playoffs should have a very difficult time, but Celina faced so much adversity head on they should be crowned 2006 3A state champs right now!!!

Gobbla2001
02-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Celina did very well during their stay in 3A a couple of years back... No, they did not win the big one, but did Wimberly win the big one last year? Did Gilmer win the big one the year before they won it last year?

Ya see, no one's saying Celina is going to dominate, they're just saying that they have the same numbers as a 3A team does now, and with that great tradition and coaching I think it will be an easy transition for the Bobcats... just like it was a few years ago...

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 01:58 PM
I agree, Gobbla. No question Celina will transition well---again---but dominate all the way to the 3A title? I say no. BTW, PPHSFan---Celina barely got by Prosper last season, and I say Prosper beats Celina for the District 9-3A championship this year. What say ye to that?

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 02:00 PM
I agree, Gobbla. No question Celina will transition well---again---but dominate all the way to the 3A title? I say no. BTW, PPHSFan---Celina barely got by Prosper last season, and I say Prosper beats Celina for the District 9-3A championship this year. What say ye to that?

I bet you a Dr Pepper Prosper doesn't even make it out of district.

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 02:02 PM
I bet Bridgeport beats Prosper...and Prosper gets the best of Celina and wins District. wow I think I may have fallen to the dark side with thinkin the Bulls are gonna win a non district game!:(

Bullaholic
02-06-2006, 02:02 PM
I bet you a Dr Pepper Prosper doesn't even make it out of district.

You're on...and if Prosper doesn't make it out district---I'll make Deion buy it. :D

spiveyrat
02-06-2006, 02:06 PM
I am typing naked today.

Now after reading this thread, I feel all dirty! :eek:

gtownpoke
02-06-2006, 02:11 PM
I would like to know why Celina didn't want to play Gilmer for the next two seasons when our coaches called repeatedly. I dont read the DMN but I heard they had a little article about how nobody would play Celina... was there really an article like that?

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
I would like to know why Celina didn't want to play Gilmer for the next two seasons when our coaches called repeatedly. I dont read the DMN but I heard they had a little article about how nobody would play Celina... was there really an article like that?

let me answer this for you, gilmer is a good team that has a chance to beat celina. that is why celina will not play you.

gtownpoke
02-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Well then was there really an article in the DMN where the Celina people complained about nobody wanting to play them?

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Well then was there really an article in the DMN where the Celina people complained about nobody wanting to play them?

yes, it was probably nevada community or pottsboro they were talking about.

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Did Pottsboro drop down to 2A? haha....if they did...HA...HA!!! I have a friend over there who thinks they could have made the playoffs last year but the coaches didnt put people in the right positions.

HighSchool Fan
02-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Did Pottsboro drop down to 2A? haha....if they did...HA...HA!!! I have a friend over there who thinks they could have made the playoffs last year but the coaches didnt put people in the right positions.

yes, pottsboro did drop to 2a

Gobbla2001
02-06-2006, 09:31 PM

Maybe their schedule was full already?

Dont' flatter yourselves, now...

gtownpoke
02-06-2006, 10:13 PM
No they said they were looking around and if they couldnt get anyone they would play us. I just dont understand how they can publically complain about no one wanting to play them and there is an offer on the table for a great game.