PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill protest being in 4A??

Hupernikomen
02-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Word I hear is that they are disputing the manner in which Katrina evacuees were counted against their count. Should be interesting to see how this comes out. They were only a handful over the cutoff mark and had dozens of Rita evacuees enroll. Anyone on the Hill have info. on be sure and share it with us.

wos fan1
02-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Each Rita student was counted as a half! They won't win this one!! GEEZZ

Jody
02-05-2006, 10:29 PM
An interview with Price was published in the Baytown Sun and he made it clear the UIL had already ruled on this issue before the reclassification was made. I would be supricsed if there were any changes. Price also complained that they did not have enough coaches to compete in 4-A as it stands now.

Maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and BH will finally spend a little money to get quality coaching in sufficient numbers.

Hupernikomen
02-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Jody
An interview with Price was published in the Baytown Sun and he made it clear the UIL had already ruled on this issue before the reclassification was made. I would be supricsed if there were any changes. Price also complained that they did not have enough coaches to compete in 4-A as it stands now.

Maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and BH will finally spend a little money to get quality coaching in sufficient numbers.

I guess it is old news then. You got a link to that old article Jody? I am curious as to how many Rita kids they.

Gobbla2001
02-05-2006, 11:20 PM
If the Rita/Katrina kids can play football, they can be counted...

Hope BH does well in 4A...

hsfootballrules
02-06-2006, 01:16 AM
I was interested to read that interview could you put a link on here. I looked on the baytown web site and couldn't find anything.

BlueBlood
02-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Cool your heels Liberty, Tarkington, Splendora, etc. BH is not going to try and join you for another two years. From everything I've heard they are fine where they are at and are looking forward to the next season. They will not challenge the 4A status. It's my understanding that they were still over the 4A mark without the foreigners.

Hupernikomen
02-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
Cool your heels Liberty, Tarkington, Splendora, etc. BH is not going to try and join you for another two years. From everything I've heard they are fine where they are at and are looking forward to the next season. They will not challenge the 4A status. It's my understanding that they were still over the 4A mark without the foreigners.

Whew..I feel better now. Thanks.

AggieJohn
02-06-2006, 08:32 AM
i heard that most of the academic people from bh were fuming over this move too...

BHKrystal06
02-06-2006, 08:43 AM
I think it'll be good for BH to get a taste of 4A..since I won't be there next year and all...

Hupernikomen
02-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
I think it'll be good for BH to get a taste of 4A..since I won't be there next year and all...

BH will still make the playoffs in just about every sport.

BU97
02-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Isn't that the # that they turned in? I don't understand why they are questioning their own #. I can't believe that BH doesn't pay coaches very well!

BHBrave08
02-06-2006, 12:42 PM
I don't know where yall get your info because everyone I know at the hill is happy for the most part with going 4A. I would also like to see the baytown sun link if possible. No one I know has seen this article. We have been expecting the move for years and are glad that it finally happened.

bhtrainer
02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
ok... for those of u who wanna start crap (prolly wos people) J/K!!!.... as far as most of the people in BH are concerned we are happy about the 4a change... and that baytown sun link?? can we see that? cuz none of us no about that either? and somehow i dont think we are going to protest going 4a there isnt much we can do about it...

eagle.eyes
02-06-2006, 02:19 PM
There is no article, maybe second hand info getting around or something. If Price needs more coaches, he's bound to have more family left somewhere.

shellman54
02-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Shoot, what about me, Jody, and RBarker? maybe even Eagletown, if he could get off work!!!

hsfootballrules
02-06-2006, 06:08 PM
maybe if half of you guys would have played in high school they would let you.

RBARKER
02-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Hup, You know better than to try and start rumors :D BH has been exspecting this for a while it didn't catch anyone off gaurd. The outlook that I have seen is at the rate BH is growing we will only stay in 4A for about 10 years then we will make the jump to 5A.

SnyTigBaseB07
02-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Each Rita student was counted as a half! They won't win this one!! GEEZZ

Were they really!?

thats like back when slaves were 3/5ths of a person, people are people and should count as ONE person.