PDA

View Full Version : Aikman, Wright, Moon make HOF!!!

Maroon87
02-04-2006, 02:07 PM
2 Cowboys and 1 Oiler...yahoo!!!:clap:

Bull Butter
02-04-2006, 04:12 PM
All 3 richly deserving, but congrats especially to Rayfield Wright.....long overdue.:)

Leopards,class of 75
02-04-2006, 06:59 PM
3 great choices!!!!

piratebg
02-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Congrats to two of the NFLs best quarterbacks and one hell of a lineman.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Leopards,class of 75
02-04-2006, 07:12 PM
I was wondering just how close M. Irvin was to getting voted in.

Bull's-eye
02-04-2006, 08:31 PM
I wonder about the Warren Moon selection. He does have the numbers but they were inflated by the run-in-shoot offense. Look at former Heisman trophy winner Andre Ware. He doesn't do anything in the NFL and neither does his successor David Klinger. Just about any QB that's put in that type of offense will have great numbers. Moon was never successful in the playoffs and I think holds the record for most times sacked and most fumbles.

Thurman Thomas or Michael Irvin would of been better choices. Thomas is one of the all-time leading rushers and one of the best pass receiving backs. Thomas's only flaw is his poor showings in the Super Bowls. Irvin changed the NFL with teams going after the much taller and bigger type receivers. His major flaws are his off the field problems.

lepfan
02-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
I was wondering just how close M. Irvin was to getting voted in. Does it matter?

Leopards,class of 75
02-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Does it matter? NO!!!

kaorder1999
02-05-2006, 05:57 PM
i hope he never gets in

sahen
02-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I wonder about the Warren Moon selection. He does have the numbers but they were inflated by the run-in-shoot offense. Look at former Heisman trophy winner Andre Ware. He doesn't do anything in the NFL and neither does his successor David Klinger. Just about any QB that's put in that type of offense will have great numbers. Moon was never successful in the playoffs and I think holds the record for most times sacked and most fumbles.

Thurman Thomas or Michael Irvin would of been better choices. Thomas is one of the all-time leading rushers and one of the best pass receiving backs. Thomas's only flaw is his poor showings in the Super Bowls. Irvin changed the NFL with teams going after the much taller and bigger type receivers. His major flaws are his off the field problems.
without warren moon the oilers wouldnt have even gone to playoffs several of those years....

pantherpop
02-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Bulls-eye, I'm sure alot of people will conclude that Moons numbers were inflated because of the system he was in but he was more than deserving to be elected to the HOF. As far as the playoffs go I saw an article in the paper the other day that had Moons playoff game statistics and they were awesome. Those games were lost because of the Oilers defense. As far as I'm concerned nobody threw a better pass than Warren Moon. He was very, very accurate. I'm also glad that Aikman and Rayfield Wright were elected. It's been ridiculious that more Cowboys havent been elected to the Hall of fame over the years.

Diocletian
02-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Warren Moon was better than Aikman if u ask me, he was able to make more out of less...sure he never played in a SB but did he have Emmit? Newton? Irvin? Allen?

NO

He had Haywood Jeffries lol....how many HoF 'ers did Moon have? He was great wherever he went that team got better, and he instantly became the leader......

This guy took more hits than any QB and still got back up, once Aikman started taking hits his career was over...........nuff said

Bull's-eye
02-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Moon did have great success in the Canadian League and it is called the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Not sure if those records should be counted. Moon was only 3-7 in NFL playoff games and holds the career record for most fumbles-161.

Old Tiger
02-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Congrats

District303aPastPlayer
02-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Moon has 5 Grey Cups

PPHSfan
02-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Met Rayfield Wright back in 93.

Got to wear BOTH of his SuperBowl rings.

Dude wore like a size 18 ring.

Wouldn't even fit on my thumbs.

But I still got to wear em.:D

Bull's-eye
02-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Last year, I met HOF Mel Renfro. He looked like he could still play some ball.

Congrats to Rayfield Wright! Tom Landry called him the best offensive lineman that he ever coached. Not bad for a converted TE.

District303aPastPlayer
02-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Last year, I met HOF Mel Renfro. He looked like he could still play some ball.

Congrats to Rayfield Wright! Tom Landry called him the best offensive lineman that he ever coached. Not bad for a converted TE.

his kid plays for SLC... :)

Bull's-eye
02-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Clint Renfro is the son of ex-Oiler & ex-Cowboy receiver Mike Renfro.

lepfan
02-06-2006, 01:04 AM
I got to watch Troy Aikman play in a playoff game...when my brother was in high school he played against Troy when he was a Henryetta Hen...We won that game...but Troy looked like a man child out there...he was huge compared to the others.

Black_Magic
02-06-2006, 10:12 AM

Thurman Thomas or Michael Irvin would of been better choices. Thomas is one of the all-time leading rushers and one of the best pass receiving backs. Thomas's only flaw is his poor showings in the Super Bowls. Irvin changed the NFL with teams going after the much taller and bigger type receivers. His major flaws are his off the field problems. You have no idea what your talking about! Waren Moon is one of if not the best QBs in the late 80s and early 90s.. As many years as this guy played in the leauge he diserves it. It takes more than a QB to win the ultimate game. Dan Marino knows that:rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
02-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Thurman Thomas played from 1988-2000. He finished with 12,074 yards rushing, 65 rushing TD's, 4,458 receiving yards and 23 TD's receiving TD's. In 1989, 90, 91 and 92 he was #1 in the NFL with total yards from scrimmage. He led his team to 4 AFC championships. He was one of the all time best dual purpose backs. His rushing numbers alone should get him in the HOF!

Moon has the numbers, but they were inflated by a pass happy offense (aka Dan Fouts). Do we give him credit for his success in the CFL? Moon also had some off field problems. If they keep Irvin out because of his off field problems, than we must do the same for all players. Do we judge players just on their stats? What they do off the field? How many Super Bowls they win? The talent of players on their team? (Moon had 2 HOF lineman and a great group of receivers).

When you look at Thurman Thomas's career, he is without question a first ballot hall of famer. I really have no problem with Moon making the HOF, but there is no way he should be put ahead of Thurman Thomas.