PDA

View Full Version : My Region III Bi-District Thoughts

Matthew328
11-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Division I
Waco Connally (9-1) vs Caldwell (7-3)
Too much Torian Williams....and too much speed for the Cadets...Williams is one of the most underrated players in the state...Connally by 21

Mexia (7-3) vs Jasper (9-1)
Mexia has improved as the season has gone on...but I think this matchup is much like last year...Jasper by 35

Hamshire-Fannett (7-3) vs Barbers Hill (8-2)
I'm sure the Eagles would rather get a rematch with BC but the Cards missed the postseason....I think BH takes this one...Barbers Hill by 6

Navasota (8-2) vs Manor (8-2)
Good matchup here....the Mustangs waded through a tough 24-3A...the Rattlers started out 7-0..and struggled a bit at the end...but Chris Smith makes the difference...Navasota by 8

Division II
China Spring (8-2) vs Rockdale (6-4)
Rockdale beat CS last year...I think CS has passed up the Tigers however...China Spring by 15...

Crockett (6-4) vs Diboll (7-3)
The Lumberjacks have proven they are a team to watch in the Region...and they should handle the Bulldogs...Diboll by 11

Anahuac (9-1) vs Huffman (7-3)
I'v been on the Panthers bandwagon all year....and they have proved me right all season..so I'll stick with em again..Anahuac by 9

Bellville (10-0) vs Giddings (7-3)
Rematch of last year again...Giddings has been stout on D all season long...but can they handle the Bellville O?? I think Giddings can hang around for a little while...but in the end the Brahamas are too much..Bellville by 10

Waco LaVega (7-3) vs Marlin (6-4)
Good game here in Waco...lots of speed and skill all over the field..Marlin is really looking strong lately and they are getting healthy which is very scary for the other region 3 teams...Marlin by 22

Fairfield (8-2) vs Newton (9-1)
On paper this looks to be a good matchup...BUT I think Newton rolls...Fairfield has really struggled of late and Newton....well they are Newton...Newton by 17

Orangefield (7-3) vs Liberty (10-0)
Liberty is the least respected 10-0 team around...and they have to play at Orangefield..which won't be an easy task..especially since LHS beat Orangefield last season..but I'll take the Panthers..Liberty by 13

Sealy (8-2) vs LaGrange (7-3)
Sealy knocked off LaGrange in a close one early in the year...now they have to face the Leps again at LaGrange..it's always tough to beat a team twice in the same season..especially when the team that lost has a home game in the playoffs...LaGrange by 7

JasperDog94
11-10-2003, 10:02 AM
I agree that Jasper will beat Mexia, but I won't say by 35. Jasper has won very few games by a large margin this year, and I figure the playoffs will be much the same. I'll take Jasper by 13.

Bellville22
11-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Looks good Matthew328. I'll take Sealy to win again, but I think that is the toughest to pick of the bunch, should be a good one.