PDA

View Full Version : Cuero's non-distrct schedule!

gobbler84
02-04-2006, 12:18 PM
This could be one of the toughest schedules ever!!

Sinton
Houston Stafford
Bandera
Liberty Hill
Bay City
La Vernia

3afan
02-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
Houston Stafford

you mean Stafford (24-3A) ???

Buccaneer
02-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Should prepare for those tough district games.

District303aPastPlayer
02-04-2006, 12:57 PM
before a hurricane hits thank heavens...

piratebg
02-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
before a hurricane hits thank heavens...

Don't count your chickens before they are fried.

District303aPastPlayer
02-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Don't count your chickens before they are fried.

crap...

piratebg
02-04-2006, 01:06 PM
crap...

So we know that Sinon will play...........is scheduled to play Cuero. Have you guys heard about any other games?

District303aPastPlayer
02-04-2006, 01:11 PM
i have their schedule, but was told to keep it off here.. :rolleyes:

piratebg
02-04-2006, 01:13 PM
i have their schedule, but was told to keep it off here.. :rolleyes:

That means you are going to post it, right?

District303aPastPlayer
02-04-2006, 01:13 PM
That means you are going to post it, right?

its unofficial. i dont see why not... but its loaded with 4A schools...

gobbler84
02-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
you mean Stafford (24-3A) ???

No...I mean Houston Stafford!! A school right on the inside of Houston!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Stafford is in the same district with Sealy and Brookshire, 24aaa.
Bellville coach put in a call to the Cuero AD and the Gobblers declined to play the Brahmas, would have like to see a Bellville vs Cuero match-up!!!!

piratebg
02-04-2006, 03:06 PM
No...I mean Houston Stafford!! A school right on the inside of Houston!

So that is why they have "Houston" in front of "Stafford" because they are in Houston......I get it. :doh:

gobbler84
02-04-2006, 03:14 PM
So that is why they have "Houston" in front of "Stafford" because they are in Houston......I get it. :doh:

I knew someone would get it!

gobbler84
02-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville coach put in a call to the Cuero AD and the Gobblers declined to play the Brahmas, would have like to see a Bellville vs Cuero match-up!!!!

And knowing Reeve three years...I doubt he would decline a call from Bellville!! Why would he accept Bay City and Liberty Hill but not Bellville...If this is the case Me myself...I wanna know what he was thinking!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Your coach declined, for what reason I dont know, maybe the sceduel would not work.

sinfan75
02-04-2006, 03:39 PM
its unofficial. i dont see why not... but its loaded with 4A schools... So go ahead and post it. Or are you gonna make me go to HEB to find out:D Any way the 4A schools are probably Alice, GP and Beeville. Then they'll probably have Taft in there somewhere.

mac77
02-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Just a bit of info for you boys. Stafford is in Stafford not Houston. It is the only municipal school district in the state, no school board. It is governed by the City Council. It is a suburb of Houston but is landlocked by the Fort Bend ISD. Its surprising to see them play the Gobblers cause they aren't that strong an opponent. Columbia hosed them last season 50-0!

Old Green
02-04-2006, 08:50 PM
This could be one of the toughest schedules ever!!

Sinton
Houston Stafford
Bandera
Liberty Hill
Bay City
La Vernia Wayne Johnson still the AD at La Vernia. He coached at Cuero for a few years.

44INAROW
02-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

I will ask him personally about this.. knowing how he was scrambling to find games, I have a hard time thinking this is correct.. not saying anyone is a liar, I just doubt this is a true fact.. or in the least, there is more to the story.....

gato 76
02-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Bay City vs Cuero,good match up i don't know what Cuero has coming back,but the City Cats return 4 offense starters/ 8 defense starters but still return a young team,looking at maybe 8 jrs on offense/8 jrs on defense but talented jr studded team,lots of size & speed.

Old Green
02-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by gato 76
Bay City vs Cuero,good match up i don't know what Cuero has coming back,but the City Cats return 4 offense starters/ 8 defense starters but still return a young team,looking at maybe 8 jrs on offense/8 jrs on defense but talented jr studded team,lots of size & speed. This going to be a good game. If I remember right Cuero has 6/6 starters back with lots of non-starters who saw a lot of playing time.

District303aPastPlayer
02-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
This going to be a good game. If I remember right Cuero has 6/6 starters back with lots of non-starters who saw a lot of playing time.

considering their starters were done by halftime.... yeah, id say they are well schooled and ready

Gobbla2001
02-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Cuero may have declined to play because they already had a full schedule... more of a 'sorry, we're full' than a decline...

Wouldn't be the distance... Hell... Bandera is over an hour and a half from Cuero... Liberty Hill is over an hour and a half from Cuero... Sinton is prolly an hour and 20 minues or so from Cuero... La Vernia's prolly an hour, give or take a couple of minutes... Stafford is over an hour and a half from Cuero and Bay City is atleast and hour and a half from Cuero... Bellville is over an hour and a half from Cuero...

Wouldn't be because he was scared to play Bellville, hint Liberty Hill and Bay City...

Good we have a tough pre-district schedule...

Let's get 'em, Gobblers...

neck_06
02-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Stafford stinks.............

Columbia 49
Stafford 6

Columbia 50
Stafford 0

raider red 2000
02-06-2006, 11:30 AM
a couple of things.

stafford isnt that bad...they have shown a few signs of good athletes....if they could get some of theose basketballers out of the gym football could get better.

stafford is a haul from cuero...i would guestimate that it is 2.5 hours or so.

Old Green
02-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
a couple of things.

stafford isnt that bad...they have shown a few signs of good athletes....if they could get some of theose basketballers out of the gym football could get better.

stafford is a haul from cuero...i would guestimate that it is 2.5 hours or so. RR2000 is right Stafford is about 2.5 hours.
I'm getting there early eat at Papadeaux's:)

SintonFan_inAustin
02-06-2006, 12:43 PM
so do yall think most teams will try and copy what Hutto did and just try pounding the ball offensively. Not sure how many teams out there can control Cueros offense so best thing is give them less chances with the ball.

Gobbla2001
02-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
so do yall think most teams will try and copy what Hutto did and just try pounding the ball offensively. Not sure how many teams out there can control Cueros offense so best thing is give them less chances with the ball.

Though Hutto pounded the ball on Cuero giving Cuero little time to score, it wouldn't have been a problem if Cuero would have scored more... Hutto's defense was the big key in their win, not the ball-control as much...

LH rushed for 300 yards on Cuero and Cuero won 42-14... defense wins championships... gunna need a helluva a defense next year, boys will be better...

LH OffseasonVet
02-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Didn't LH give up 3 interceptions as well.

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by LH OffseasonVet
Didn't LH give up 3 interceptions as well. :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: You just had to remind me. :( (Yes, we did.)

Gobbla2001
02-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Didn't LH give up 3 interceptions as well.

Two and maybe a fumble... I forget... that also helps when ya don't do that ha...

Back to how teams will play Cuero next year, couldn't tell you, too early and like I know these HC's anyway ha, but playing good football is how you'll beat Cuero, that's what Hutto did, not just ball-control... Llano ran ball-control, LH ran ball-control and Hutto did... just depends what else you're packin...

LH OffseasonVet
02-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: You just had to remind me. :( (Yes, we did.)

LHPM I didn't mean to sadden you, but I did want to make the point that at the end of the season the run game was working against Cuero's defense. In regular season nobody could come up with yards against them on the ground, in playoffs it seemed to be the opposite.

Gobbla2001
02-06-2006, 01:35 PM
In regular season nobody could come up with yards against them on the ground, in playoffs it seemed to be the opposite.

Key word is 'seemed' eh?

Sweeny - less than 100 rushing yards on Cuero
Llano - Less than 100 yards rushing on Cuero
Ingelside - Less than 100 yards rushing on Cuero
Liberty Hill - close to 400 yards rushing on Cuero, the majority being in the second half after Cuero had put up a lead...
Hutto - forget how much but had a huge O-Line, tough backs and a great QB... they got it done...

Gobbla2001
02-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Key word is 'seemed' eh?

Sweeny - less than 100 rushing yards on Cuero
Llano - Less than 100 yards rushing on Cuero
Ingelside - Less than 100 yards rushing on Cuero
Liberty Hill - close to 400 yards rushing on Cuero, the majority being in the second half after Cuero had put up a lead...
Hutto - forget how much but had a huge O-Line, tough backs and a great QB... they got it done...

Also; Wharton, Sealy, Gonzales and Hallettsville had decent running games against Cuero during the regular season...

44INAROW
02-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
RR2000 is right Stafford is about 2.5 hours.
I'm getting there early eat at Papadeaux's:)

if you get there before we do, save us a table :)

neck_94
02-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
a couple of things.

stafford isnt that bad...if they could get some of theose basketballers out of the gym football could get better.

ALL the basketballer starters except one played and started for them in football.

neck_06
02-07-2006, 09:13 AM
yup, most of their skill positions in football are manned by basketball players.

gato 76
02-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
Stafford stinks.............

Columbia 49
Stafford 6

Columbia 50
Stafford 0

neck_06
02-07-2006, 02:10 PM
you didn't post anything new................

gato 76
02-07-2006, 02:19 PM
1ou didn't post anything new................
You didn't post anything new

Sorry about that, what is WC football schedule for next year non district games?

neck_06
02-07-2006, 02:23 PM
i think bellville, brazosport, texas city and someone else, but don't quote me on that.

mac77
02-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Columbia non-district is Angleton, El Campo scrimmage and Brazosport, Bellville, and St. Pius.

Dogman_1969
02-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Bellville has a sophomore group that has never lost a game coming up. Most of these 10th graders (of 2005-2006) spent time on the varsity this year. I expect there are several towns that check the caller Id before answering the phones on scheduling day.

I expect them to be ranked in the top 5 for the next couple of years.........

raider red 2000
02-07-2006, 03:06 PM
yup, most of their skill positions in football are manned by basketball players.

i have heard that the stafford had over 70 kids that are in basketball....non football....with those numbers they could improve.

gobbler84
02-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Bellville has a sophomore group that has never lost a game coming up. Most of these 10th graders (of 2005-2006) spent time on the varsity this year. I expect there are several towns that check the caller Id before answering the phones on scheduling day.

I expect them to be ranked in the top 5 for the next couple of years.........

I'm a sophmore 05-06 and the only 2 football games I have ever lost was the State Game last year and the Semi- Final game this year!! So it's really not that impressive!!

44INAROW
02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm a sophmore 05-06 and the only 2 football games I have ever lost was the State Game last year and the Semi- Final game this year!! So it's really not that impressive!!

You betcha Gobbler84 :)
I have been trying to stay out of this and act my age :D :D (Ok now you'll can quit laughing) I make no prediction on how the season will end this year, but I do say this with 100% certainty, along with the fact that the Freshman and JV were undefeated along with the Varsity's only loss was in a Semi Final game, Cuero's Coach Reeve didn't turn down ANYONE because he was SCARED of a challenge. And the 4A teams he did contact declined, either due to scheduling conflicts or other reasons. We've scrimmaged 4A teams for the last 2 years and they "declined" to play Cuero in a regular game, so they got scratched off the schedule.

eagles_victory
02-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm a sophmore 05-06 and the only 2 football games I have ever lost was the State Game last year and the Semi- Final game this year!! So it's really not that impressive!! That is impressive but don't use this post to take away from the group of kids from Bellville.

44INAROW
02-07-2006, 06:56 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whatever.......
Originally posted by eagles_victory
That is impressive but don't use this post to take away from the group of kids from Bellville.

gobbler84
02-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
That is impressive but don't use this post to take away from the group of kids from Bellville.

I don't recall this thread being about Bellville, so I don't see how I'm taking away from them! And I wasn't aiming to take anything away from them, it's just the way it was posted about them. Like it's impossible or something and no one can do it!

Gobbla2001
02-07-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't recall this thread being about Bellville, so I don't see how I'm taking away from them! And I wasn't aiming to take anything away from them, it's just the way it was posted about them. Like it's impossible or something and no one can do it!

Oh, it for sure IS possible... You are most-likely gunna be stronger than last year...

Taking nothing from Bellville, them boys sound tough as hell... but Cuero hasn't ever turned down a phone call, and aint about to start... If you're better than Cuero, then prove it out on the field, cuz Cuero aint gunna leave the question up in the air...

I honestly believe that if Mark Reeve felt that Bellville was top dog, he would have called them first... but if he's scared, why call Bay City?

May not be as tough as a 4A as they were for about 6 straight years before this past season, but they were still a playoff team in 4A region 3 this year...

Why call Liberty Hill? They only made it to the semi-finals last year and the regionals this year, further than Bellville got......

Why call Bandera? They only won the state championship three years ago and have a very good young class coming up this coming season with maybe a top 5 QB in 3A on the team...

Why call Sinton??? Hell, they're a tough year in and year out Region 4 team and have been the past 5 years...

If Cuero's act of not scheduling Bellville means Cuero is weak, George Strait says he has ocean-front porperty in ole AZ... you buy that and I'll buy that Bellville's great, yet not totally dominating season last year actually means a hill of beans to anyone in Cuero... had SLC called, Cuero would have played 'em... not because Cuero wants to prove they'll win, but because Cuero doesn't back down...

SintonFan
02-07-2006, 09:30 PM
That Hicks QB from Bandera will be a top 5 3A QB I'm sure. No doubt in my Rocky Mountain mind...