PDA

View Full Version : Anybody still think Celina won't.....

PPHSfan
02-03-2006, 10:48 PM
go 10-0 in regular season. And then at least three rounds deep?

New districts have the "East Texas Speed" starting all the way down in district 15-16

Celina could easily be in the region 2 title game come December.

3afan
02-03-2006, 11:21 PM
would not surprise me ...

Chris Hart
02-04-2006, 03:08 AM
I would think they would be underachieving if they don't. I expect them to do very well. Some of their potential season enders just went down a class.

HighSchool Fan
02-04-2006, 08:47 AM
any idea what their non-district schedule is like?? hard to say if they will go 10-0 without seeing that.

GreenMonster
02-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
any idea what their non-district schedule is like?? hard to say if they will go 10-0 without seeing that.

1. Patsy
2. Sissy
3. Wimpy
4. 0-fer
5. Doormat

This is the Official Celina Bobcat preseason schedule. Sponsored by Waste Management Inc. "We take out the trash just like Celina!"

Bullaholic
02-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
1. Patsy
2. Sissy
3. Wimpy
4. 0-fer
5. Doormat

This is the Official Celina Bobcat preseason schedule. Sponsored by Waste Management Inc. "We take out the trash just like Celina!"

Uh oh...I think GreenMonster season is going to be declared "open" in at least 6 towns. :D

GreenMonster
02-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Uh oh...I think GreenMonster season is going to be declared "open" in at least 6 towns. :D

Come and get me! Ol' Godzilla has been itching for a good scrap since the last time I destroyed Tokyo!

Bullaholic
02-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Come and get me! Ol' Godzilla has been itching for a good scrap since the last time I destroyed Tokyo!

You say that now, GM---Celina has more fans attend their booster club breakfasts than most teams have in the stands. It's gonna be fun when they discover the Dlow.

GreenMonster
02-04-2006, 11:51 AM
I hope we schedule them and give them a large dose of power football to eat at their Booster Club breakfast! Because you know that we are going to cram it down their throat anyways.

Bullaholic
02-04-2006, 12:00 PM
I hope we schedule them and give them a large dose of power football to eat at their Booster Club breakfast! Because you know that we are going to cram it down their throat anyways.

BTW, GM---Looks like the Bulls and Hawks are gonna "dance" in pre-district according to preliminary schedule info. Hope we can meet up.

GreenMonster
02-04-2006, 02:03 PM
BTW, GM---Looks like the Bulls and Hawks are gonna "dance" in pre-district according to preliminary schedule info. Hope we can meet up.

Consider that a done deal Bull. I'd like to meet ol Slpy too and any others you can gather.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2006, 02:21 PM
You say that now, GM---Celina has more fans attend their booster club breakfasts than most teams have in the stands. It's gonna be fun when they discover the Dlow.
Hahhahaha......I've already seem some "talk" going on. Get on the phone to the UIL and cancel the 3a playoffs. Either Argyle, Celina and/or Prosper is winning state. :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
02-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hahhahaha......I've already seem some "talk" going on. Get on the phone to the UIL and cancel the 3a playoffs. Either Argyle, Celina and/or Prosper is winning state. :rolleyes:

And the Bulls are playing 2 of those 3, LHPMom---so only 1 has a chance at state. :D BTW--that is the truth about the Celina Booster breakfasts--they have had 100-200 on occasion.

Leopards,class of 75
02-04-2006, 07:09 PM
any idea what their non-district schedule is like?? hard to say if they will go 10-0 without seeing that. I was thinking the same thing HighSchool Fan.

PPHSfan
02-04-2006, 10:02 PM

Well last year they dismantled five 3a schools in the pre-season. Maybe this year they will try and find five 4a schools that have the guts to play them.

Rabbit'93
02-04-2006, 10:14 PM
To heck with high schools why not try to schedule some D III schools.:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
To heck with high schools why not try to schedule some D III schools.:rolleyes:
Or better yet, how about the Kansas City Chiefs? :D

44INAROW
02-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Or better yet, how about the Kansas City Chiefs? :D
LHPM - I have a computer screen with Coke sprayed all over it. Thanks a lot :D :D :D :D :D :)

HighSchool Fan
02-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Well last year they dismantled five 3a schools in the pre-season. Maybe this year they will try and find five 4a schools that have the guts to play them.

just because they are 3a doesn't mean they are good.

Bullaholic
02-04-2006, 10:34 PM

My, My.... how quickly you have forgotten the PP and Celina "wars" of days gone by, PPHSFan---who would have thought that you would be singing the praises of Celina. Heck, even G.A. went back "home". :D I think Prosper and Pilot Point will make Celina "work" a little harder to win in the district. If Celina can pull off an undefeated season all the way to the state title after stepping up a class---they deserve to be talked about in the same terms as SLC. I think last year's Celina team could not have beaten Wimberley and would have had a "tossup" game against Tatum. So, unless Celina has an extraordinary team, even for them this year, they will be more than tested by other deep 3A playoff teams.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
LHPM - I have a computer screen with Coke sprayed all over it. Thanks a lot :D :D :D :D :D :)
Glad to be of service. :D

PPHSfan
02-05-2006, 12:30 AM

I guess the Gainesville team they beat their first time in 3a wasn't any good either?

HighSchool Fan
02-05-2006, 09:26 AM
I guess the Gainesville team they beat their first time in 3a wasn't any good either?

what does that have to do with last years teams that celina played??

lostaussie
02-05-2006, 10:08 AM
go 10-0 in regular season. And then at least three rounds deep?
i think they will be 10-0 come playoff time. but you are insinuating that 3a teams, especially 3a playoff teams will be in awe of celina and i don't think that is the case. when gilmer played them in 2003 we actually welcomed the chance to play celina. looked forward to it. and then we crushed them. a week later we were thumped by the eventual state champs. so that is 2 teams that could have beaten you that year and i would venture to say there were many more. you will not win a 3a championship. not yet anyway. maybe later.

turbostud
02-05-2006, 10:09 AM

Celina is good every year. Well at least since 1980 when I remember seeing my older brother playing against them. They have proved themselves in 2a and in 3a. They have the tradition. Of course every season is a new season but I wouldnt expect it to be any different this year.

HighSchool Fan
02-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Celina is good every year. Well at least since 1980 when I remember seeing my older brother playing against them. They have proved themselves in 2a and in 3a. They have the tradition. Of course every season is a new season but I wouldnt expect it to be any different this year.

i wasn't saying celina wasn't good, i was saying just because teams are in 3a doesn't mean they are good.

Ranger Mom
02-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Well here is my opinion...(for what that's worth):D I saw Celina play in the State Championship this year, and while I thought they were a good team, they didn't impress me as much as some of the the other 3-A teams I saw in the playoffs!

lostaussie
02-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well here is my opinion...(for what that's worth):D I saw Celina play in the State Championship this year, and while I thought they were a good team, they didn't impress me as much as some of the the other 3-A teams I saw in the playoffs! hehe. they probably got you on the hit list already. how dare you say you weren't as impressed as with some other 3a schools. :D

Ranger Mom
02-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
hehe. they probably got you on the hit list already. how dare you say you weren't as impressed as with some other 3a schools. :D

Oh well, I have never been accused of thinking before I speak!:p

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 10:33 AM
My question is, how much did they lose off last years team? Now now, im not saying that they wont have any talent back so slow down there whoever it is that will argue my question. I just would like to know what they are going to have to re build in order to stay in the top of there new class. Wow I think i confused more people rather than helping myself!:D

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 10:37 AM
"Tradition never graduates"

Celina doesn't "rebuild" they "RELOAD"

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 10:42 AM
"Tradition never graduates"

Celina doesn't "rebuild" they "RELOAD" Ok, like I said someone would argue the question. So....how much is comin off of last years reloaded team and how much are they "reloading this year? my gosh.....its a simple question that takes a week to be fully answered.

PPHSfan
02-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
My question is, how much did they lose off last years team? Now now, im not saying that they wont have any talent back so slow down there whoever it is that will argue my question. I just would like to know what they are going to have to re build in order to stay in the top of there new class. Wow I think i confused more people rather than helping myself!:D

there their we go again.

NateDawg39
02-06-2006, 10:54 AM