PDA

View Full Version : Tracy McGrady a West All Star Starter??

Pmoney
02-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I do not understand this, Tracy has been anything but an all-star this season....this is just a popularity contest...IMO i think there should not be fan voting except maybe for a last spot on the team

STANG RED
02-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
I do not understand this, Tracy has been anything but an all-star this season....this is just a popularity contest...IMO i think there should not be fan voting except maybe for a last spot on the team

No fans = no NBA = no big time salaries for these guys to get paid to play a kids game.

You are right though. He has stunk the house up this year. Did he get a big contract extension after last year? That is when these guys usually lay down, if their going to.

eagles_victory
02-03-2006, 08:29 PM
He may not deserve to be a starter but he is much more deserving then Yao is. Yao being the leading vote getter is just funny. He is Shawn Bradley except from China.

AggieJohn
02-04-2006, 01:35 AM
he's electric when he's been able to play

3afan
02-04-2006, 07:06 AM
... this is just a popularity contest...

NO KIDDING !!!!

...IMO i think there should not be fan voting except maybe for a last spot on the team

my view is just the oppostie - thats who the fans WANT TO SEE, so all is OK !!!!!!

injuredinmelee
02-04-2006, 08:31 AM
The fact that Kobe isnt the leading vote getter in the West amazes me. Yao like someone else said is a Chinese Shawn Bradley. They both look like loose limp no muscle having celery stalks running up and down the court. I will give Yao the fact that he tried to be physcial. Just tough to take him serious when he benches about 175#.

Bull's-eye
02-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Give Yao some credit, he is way better than Shawn Bradley. In the West there's not too many good centers. Both T-Mac and Yao have battled injuries that have kept their production down. T-Mac is the West's 2nd leading scorer behind Kobe. He's averaging 27 points per game, leading all forwards in the West. Yao leads all West centers with a 19.9 average.

The Rockets do a great job of promoting and getting their fans to vote for their players. China voting on the internet really helps Yao Ming. Also, the Chinese have fell in love with T-Mac and has made his jersey the #1 selling jersey in China.

I admit that having 2 players from a last place team as starters is very strange, but if theses player had both been healthy, they wouldn't be a last place team.

Give me some players that should start ahead of T-Mac & Yao and provide the stats to prove their worth.

3afan
02-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
The fact that Kobe isnt the leading vote getter in the West amazes me. ......

the entire nation of China votes for Yao, those are tall odds

Bull's-eye
02-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Here's the other West centers:

1 Mehmet Okur , UTA
2 Brad Miller , SAC
3 Chris Kaman , LAC
4 Chris Mihm , LAL
5 P.J. Brown , NOK
6 Joel Przybilla , POR
7 Jarron Collins , UTA
8 Erick Dampier , DAL
9 Lorenzen Wright , MEM
10 Rasho Nesterovic , SAS

I think most people would rather see Yao.

eagles_victory
02-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Here's the other West centers:

1 Mehmet Okur , UTA
2 Brad Miller , SAC
3 Chris Kaman , LAC
4 Chris Mihm , LAL
5 P.J. Brown , NOK
6 Joel Przybilla , POR
7 Jarron Collins , UTA
8 Erick Dampier , DAL
9 Lorenzen Wright , MEM
10 Rasho Nesterovic , SAS

I think most people would rather see Yao. I would rather see one of them then a guy who didn't play a lot of the first half of the season.

Bull's-eye
02-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Can't penalize a player for being injured. You wouldn't want to see Shaq, Kobe, Iverson or LeBron if they had missed games because of injuries? You rather see somebody else?

Chief Ohera
02-05-2006, 02:41 AM
you brothers have to look at it this way,
why is T-mac a starter in the all-star, game follow closely,
in china t'mac's jersey is the best selling NBA jersey in china besides yao's jersey, he is highly popular over there just because he is yao's sidekick just like kobe and shaq, china has so many people and most of there votes to go those to players on the rockets,
i don't believe it should be fan voting either,
o well brothers, keep playin' it safe
so until next time..................

Txbroadcaster
02-05-2006, 03:27 AM
Can't penalize a player for being injured. You wouldn't want to see Shaq, Kobe, Iverson or LeBron if they had missed games because of injuries? You rather see somebody else?

I disagree The All-Star game is supposed to be a team from each conference made up of players who have had outstanding seasons up to this point.

What it has turned into is a a game of players who get their on their reputations of past seasons and not because of the season they are having.

Bull's-eye
02-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Give me some players that should start ahead of T-Mac & Yao and provide the stats to prove their worth.

T-Mac leads all West forwards and Yao leads all West centers in scoring.

eagles_victory
02-05-2006, 11:17 AM
I was glad when Houston traded Steve Francis because I was sick of him starting on reputation when he was averaging like 15 points a game and an average amount of assist and rebounds. It is for the best players in the current season not for the past. I think Yao's best teammate always has a good chance to make it because the Chinesse have to vote for 5 guys so they just vote for him. But like I said I can't see T-Mac but Yao doesn't deserve to be there.

Old Tiger
02-05-2006, 11:28 AM
The Rockets are no good...it's all about the Spurs and Mavs :D

Bull's-eye
02-05-2006, 04:28 PM
T-Mac has been voted a starter 5 of his 6 All-Star appearances. The notion that he's making the team because of Yao is crazy. T-Mac has only played 2 years with Yao.