Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 01:36 PM
(No particular order)

Mineral Wells
Boyd
Prosper
Breckenridge
Iowa park

There should be some good un's among these....maybe "too" good. Oh well, the Bulls are always the 5-5 playoff team that nobody notices until about the 3rd round.

NateDawg39
02-03-2006, 03:25 PM
That could be a pretty could schedule for the Bulls. If they play like they know how then they could easily be 5-0 come district time.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I watched ya'll play Monahans. Did that
play-maker graduate. I can't think of his
name.

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
name.

His name is Colin Jones, SW Red---and he signed with TCU on Wednesday. To say that the Bulls will miss him is an understatement.

wtxmike
02-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
name.
he did, colin jones, glad monahans will not see him again. he ran all over us. best back i've seen in a while

wtxmike
02-03-2006, 03:53 PM
bull, you must type faster than me!! lol

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by wtxmike
he did, colin jones, glad monahans will not see him again. he ran all over us. best back i've seen in a while

Thanks, wtxmike. We all like to "brag" about one of our "own", and I will tell you that in watching over 30 years of HS ball, Colin was one of the best I ever saw. His running style was "Gayle Sayers" like---sort of like a gazelle that "breezes" past you at blinding speed before you know it---and he had surprising strength and could "run over" a player if needed. He could catch with one hand at full tilt and never break stride---and he made several "key" defensive plays in "situations" throughout the year.
BTW--those 2 Monahans running backs were plenty good and especially "tough"---particuliarly Sam Graves. Our game with the Lobos was one that I wished the entire state could have seen--it showcased some of the "best" qualities in 2 great Texas Highschool football programs during an outstanding contest.