PDA

View Full Version : Region I new districts

VWG
02-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Who's got the toughest district now?
Clearly with the bust up of Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder somebody has to stake the claim of toughest district in Region I.
I would jump out and say it's District 8, but hold on, Gainesville got decimated by graduation, Bridgeport lost Collin Jones, Argyle was good in 2A but I think they were senior laden, etc.....
District 6? Graham had more underclassmen than anybody in the district starting, with sophomores on both sides of the ball.
Iowa Park? They're in the same boat as Gainesville as they've got to fill a lot of holes. Vernon had some kids playing last year as juniors that will make an impact, but they lost two horses in Whiteside and Zamorra.
New 4A dropdown Burk? Could be interesting as they've played in a tough 4A district the past couple of years and although they lost their best running back they were young last year.
District 7...... Sweetwater has more people coming back at the skills position. Abilene Wylie loses a ton, especially 3 year starter and D-I college talent QB Keenum. Comanche lost a good RB as he was a senior. Breckenridge has some good kids coming back but they also lost a great leader and athlete in 3 year starter at QB Heatley.

I can't really say who has a strong district out there right now.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Region I is all jacked up. I can not believe that there are 4 team districts. Heck I didn't know that there were 3A teams that don't even play football. Amazing.

football4life
02-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Yea i'm no expert by any means, but it seems as though they could have done a little combining here or there and made this a little more interesting. District games will be even less important, and make it harder to schedule that extra non-district game.

Adidas410s
02-02-2006, 11:34 PM
I think there are only 2 maybe 3 teams right now in Region 1 that deserve any "hype"

1. Sweetwater...with the skill players they have returning for the 9th year of eligibility...this is the easy choice.

2. Canyon...I forget how many starters they return but it's a good #. They return Ramos at QB and he will only get better.

3. Graham...played a decent # of underclassman and if the younger McCoy takes over at QB as a frosh...watch out! I know it was 8th grade football...but last fall they were going for 40 pts and 300-400 yds passing in JUNIOR HIGH!!! I don't care who you are...that's impressive. Assuming Burk or Hirshci makes the playoffs, Graham would go D2 instead and avoid a 1st round playoff matchup against Canyon. This could FINALLY be the year that Graham wins a playoff game! :D

Teams that may move up eventually...

Snyder - lost some big time players but have some younger guys that have some solid experience. Maybe we are starting to see some long term consistency in the Tiger program...

Wylie - everybody knows this story...they re-load with Sandifer at the helm and one of the biggest talent pools to pick from with the # of kids coming out to play for him.

Gainesville - the recent success is there...but what about the talent? Look for them to be down...

Decatur - a good "system" that can put up points and win a lot of games...but it still doesn't hold up in the BIG games come playoff time.

Anybody wanna fill me in on the other "usual" suspects? Monahans, Greenwood, IP, and Vernon have all been up and down over the last 5 years or so and with the region being down it's possible for any of these teams to step up and win their division.

VWG
02-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I think there are only 2 maybe 3 teams right now in Region 1 that deserve any "hype"

1. Sweetwater...with the skill players they have returning for the 9th year of eligibility...this is the easy choice.

2. Canyon...I forget how many starters they return but it's a good #. They return Ramos at QB and he will only get better.

3. Graham...played a decent # of underclassman and if the younger McCoy takes over at QB as a frosh...watch out! I know it was 8th grade football...but last fall they were going for 40 pts and 300-400 yds passing in JUNIOR HIGH!!! I don't care who you are...that's impressive. Assuming Burk or Hirshci makes the playoffs, Graham would go D2 instead and avoid a 1st round playoff matchup against Canyon. This could FINALLY be the year that Graham wins a playoff game! :D

Teams that may move up eventually...

Snyder - lost some big time players but have some younger guys that have some solid experience. Maybe we are starting to see some long term consistency in the Tiger program...

Wylie - everybody knows this story...they re-load with Sandifer at the helm and one of the biggest talent pools to pick from with the # of kids coming out to play for him.

Gainesville - the recent success is there...but what about the talent? Look for them to be down...

Decatur - a good "system" that can put up points and win a lot of games...but it still doesn't hold up in the BIG games come playoff time.

Anybody wanna fill me in on the other "usual" suspects? Monahans, Greenwood, IP, and Vernon have all been up and down over the last 5 years or so and with the region being down it's possible for any of these teams to step up and win their division.

Greenwood was young last year, so they've got starters on both sides of the ball coming back in good numbers.
Iowa Park is in the same boat as Gainesville. Both these teams lost a ton of good athletes to graduation. If I am not mistaken Gainesville has something like 2 or 3 returning starters coming back, and I would guess that IP has about that same number as well.
That McCoy's kid over in Graham, HC's son, could start at QB as a freshman is a really interesting situation to keep an eye on. The kid can flat out play. I wouldn't doubt one bit if he splits time with the other QB (who was a soph. last year) when 7 on 7 competition comes around. McCoy's youngest son is only in the 8th grade now, but he goes about 6'2" and throws a nice pass... with touch or zip. I look at this situation as similar to the Kinne kid that was in Canton, or the coach's son at 2A Crane, etc.... The kid has been brought up with two older brothers and his oldest is now in competition for the starting QB job at UT. The pedigree is there for success, it just depends on the timeframe.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 09:17 AM

you could say the same thing about sweetwater. actually it would fit sweetwater better than decatur. decatur was thought to be one of the best teams for just a year or so. sweetwater seems to think they are the best team year in and year out but still have nothing to show for it. it looks like they can't come up in the big games.

sww-bull52
02-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
you could say the same thing about sweetwater. actually it would fit sweetwater better than decatur. decatur was thought to be one of the best teams for just a year or so. sweetwater seems to think they are the best team year in and year out but still have nothing to show for it. it looks like they can't come up in the big games.

I consider going all the way to the semi's something to show for it. The only 2 games sweetwater lost this year was to defending state champs Wylie and eventual state champs Tatum.

STANG RED
02-03-2006, 09:35 AM

Its obvious that you are just looking for a reaction. So ok, here it is.
That is one of the most stupid statements I have ever heard. I could go on and on, but it just isnt worth any more of my time, to argue with such an obvious idiot. Now go wipe the slober off your chin, and go change your pee stained pants.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 10:09 AM
The regional representatives will come
out of districts 6,7, and 8. Sweetwater's
district 7 is awful. The Abilene Reporter
News said it should be a dog fight for
the 3rd place spot. That tell's you
something right there. Top to bottom
districts 6 and 8 look pretty solid though.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Its obvious that you are just looking for a reaction. So ok, here it is.
That is one of the most stupid statements I have ever heard. I could go on and on, but it just isnt worth any more of my time, to argue with such an obvious idiot. Now go wipe the slober off your chin, and go change your pee stained pants.

your the typical sweetwater fan, someone questions sweetwater and you say their an idiot. the fact is they can't come thru in the big games. if i wanted to just get a reaction i would of asked you how it feels to just be a bridesmaid every year. now, how do you like that choker.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Better to be a bridesmaid than not
even get invited to the wedding.

Black_Magic
02-03-2006, 10:58 AM
your the typical sweetwater fan, someone questions sweetwater and you say their an idiot. the fact is they can't come thru in the big games. if i wanted to just get a reaction i would of asked you how it feels to just be a bridesmaid every year. now, how do you like that choker. :eek: :eek: strong words!! You got told!! yall guna tak that thar mouthin? how bout you butkus-joe, or Stang red?? dont take that!!:clap:

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Decatur and Abilene Wylie in the first
round of Div.I. Sweetwater and
Gainesville in the first round of Div. II.
Some good teams are gonna go home
early.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Better to be a bridesmaid than not
even get invited to the wedding.

your right, my school nas been to the dance 5 times. they've lost more than they've won, but they've been there. how many times has your team been there??

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
:eek: :eek: strong words!! You got told!! yall guna tak that thar mouthin? how bout you butkus-joe, or Stang red?? dont take that!!:clap:

i didn't post anything to start an argument. it just seems like stang red got upset because someone said something about sweetwater that he didn't like.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 11:07 AM

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 11:09 AM
What was that Wimberly score again??

i know who won. i also know who got to play for a championship and who was home watching one.

sww-bull52
02-03-2006, 11:11 AM

You also need to check into our come from behind victory against Iowa Park. Down by 21 with 6 minutes to play and we won in overtime to a team that was alot bigger than we are.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
i know who won. i also know who got to play for a championship and who was home watching one.

You mean got to watch the other
team hold up the UIL trophy in person?

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
You also need to check into our come from behind victory against Iowa Park. Down by 21 with 6 minutes to play and we won in overtime to a team that was alot bigger than we are.

i don't recall saying that sweetwater wasn't a bad team. all i said was that what someone said about decatur could also be said about sweetwater. if that's to hard for some of yall to understand, i'll have my 7 year old find away to word so yall can understand it a little better.

STANG RED
02-03-2006, 11:23 AM
your the typical sweetwater fan, someone questions sweetwater and you say their an idiot. the fact is they can't come thru in the big games. if i wanted to just get a reaction i would of asked you how it feels to just be a bridesmaid every year. now, how do you like that choker.

Your the typical Sweetwater hater. Too stupid to bother argueing with!

Black_Magic
02-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Your the typical Sweetwater hater. Too stupid to bother argueing with! I know you are but what am I would have sounded better!

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 11:26 AM
You mean got to watch the other
team hold up the UIL trophy in person?

i don't know what your trying to prove. but your right, we did see another team raise the trophy. i'd much rather have a chance to win the state game than not even get there.

it looks like in your book you would rather lose in the playoffs instead of going to the state game and having a chance to win it all.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Your the typical Sweetwater hater. Too stupid to bother argueing with!

why do you call me a sweetwater hater?? just because i dont' agree with something someone said??

DaHop72
02-03-2006, 11:29 AM
i don't know what your trying to prove. but your right, we did see another team raise the trophy. i'd much rather have a chance to win the state game than not even get there.

it looks like in your book you would rather lose in the playoffs instead of going to the state game and having a chance to win it all.
Just to interject here, there is only one State Champion. A couple of years down the road nobody (expect the team that was there) remembers who was second and who didn't even get out of district.:thinking: :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 11:38 AM

You called us Bridemaids. Just reminding
you that 2nd place is the same as
4th,5th, or 6th etc.

STANG RED
02-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Just leave it alone Sweetwater Red. He isnt worth any more of your time or energy.

Adidas410s
02-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Just to interject here, there is only one State Champion. A couple of years down the road nobody (expect the team that was there) remembers who was second and who didn't even get out of district.:thinking: :thinking:

umm...I remember! :rolleyes: Then again...I am just full of useless knowledge...:nerd:

DaHop72
02-03-2006, 12:03 PM
umm...I remember! :rolleyes: Then again...I am just full of useless knowledge...:nerd:
Without a search engine???:thinking: :thinking:

Adidas410s
02-03-2006, 12:06 PM

HSF,

Because I like ya...I'll actually write a response instead of hating on ya. I personally think that this tag would fit Decatur better than Sweetwater. Here is why I would say this:

In 2004, Decatur was THE team that couldn't be stopped. Heck they beat Wylie 44-6 in the regular season and hung half a hundred (and often times more) on just about every other team that they played. However, come playoff time they get in their first "big" game (albeit one against Wylie who they had beaten by 38 points) and all of a sudden this high powered offense can't get the ball in the endzone. This reminds me of what is happening at Tech the last few years. They win all the early games but once they get up against a top team the offense just can't put up the points. They still may be able to post 3-400 yards...but if you can't get it in the endzone it doesn't matter. This is probably the only time I will ever say "offense wins games...defense wins championships."

Sweetwater on the other hand HAS won plenty of big games. Other than the "off the upright" game in the quarterfinals last year...one can definitely say that they haven't lost games that they weren't supposed to...and plenty of people on here would consider their loss to Snyder in the quarters in '04 an equal matchup...not necessarily one team being superior to the other team.

Adidas410s
02-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Without a search engine???:thinking: :thinking:

yeah...on a lot of the teams. It's really scary actually. :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Just leave it alone Sweetwater Red. He isnt worth any more of your time or energy.

True. But, I figure that Gainesville will
finish 3rd in their district. Which will
almost gaurantee that they would be
our first round opponent. Just trash talking
nine months early.

Lobo10
02-03-2006, 12:10 PM
A little early to say that 7AAA is awful. Every year is differnet and seems that you may be looking past teams thinking a playoff or championship is already at hand. Didn't Clyde play tough against S'Water? and the other 2 were playoff teams that do return a number of kids. Lets let the play speak before bashing the district.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 12:22 PM
When I say "awful" I am including travel
(Breckenridge and Comanche). Also,
histories(three teams in our district don't
have one)

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 12:27 PM
You called us Bridemaids. Just reminding
you that 2nd place is the same as
4th,5th, or 6th etc.

re-read that response. i said if i just wanted a reaction i would of said that.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 12:28 PM
HSF,

Because I like ya...I'll actually write a response instead of hating on ya. I personally think that this tag would fit Decatur better than Sweetwater. Here is why I would say this:

In 2004, Decatur was THE team that couldn't be stopped. Heck they beat Wylie 44-6 in the regular season and hung half a hundred (and often times more) on just about every other team that they played. However, come playoff time they get in their first "big" game (albeit one against Wylie who they had beaten by 38 points) and all of a sudden this high powered offense can't get the ball in the endzone. This reminds me of what is happening at Tech the last few years. They win all the early games but once they get up against a top team the offense just can't put up the points. They still may be able to post 3-400 yards...but if you can't get it in the endzone it doesn't matter. This is probably the only time I will ever say "offense wins games...defense wins championships."

Sweetwater on the other hand HAS won plenty of big games. Other than the "off the upright" game in the quarterfinals last year...one can definitely say that they haven't lost games that they weren't supposed to...and plenty of people on here would consider their loss to Snyder in the quarters in '04 an equal matchup...not necessarily one team being superior to the other team.

good response, except 1 thing. that was just one year when decatur was suppose to be so good. sweetwater every year is suppose to be real good. that's the difference. again, i never said sweetwater wasn't a good team.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 12:30 PM

why can't you tell me why i'm a so-called sweetwater hater?? show me in any of my post i've ever posted on here where i bashed the sweetwater program.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

let me get on your level for a minute. is that what you was doing when the d2 state championship was going on?

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Actually, Division II was competitive.
Unlike the Division I mismatch. Now, that
was a sleeper.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Actually, Division II was competitive.
Unlike the Division I mismatch. Now, that
was a sleeper.

sleeper or not, gainesville played for a championship.

i'm tired of playing games with your little mind. unless you guys can show were i said sweetwater was a bad team, or where i truly hated on them, i'm done.

Ranger Mom
02-03-2006, 12:53 PM
sleeper or not, gainesville played for a championship.

i'm tired of playing games with your little mind. unless you guys can show were i said sweetwater was a bad team, or where i truly hated on them, i'm done.

Am I gonna have to send yall to yalls rooms???:rolleyes: :p

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Too early to say who's who yet. I will say that Burkburnett dropping down will have a huge impact on region I sports. They have been a middle of the road 4A team in football the past 4 or 5 years or so. Being in a district with Old HIgh, Rider, Dennision and Sherman was tough. They will be much more competitive in football. But watch out for Basketball. Their AD is teh head Basketball coach. That says something there. They also have great baseball, softball and track teams. They play soccer too and I have no idea about 3A soccer?

This school is 2 students away from being in 4A and they have good athletic programs. So I would pay attention to Burk.

Way too soon to talk about Graham. Remember they didn't even make teh playoffs last year. I would suspect that Vernon had just as many underclassmen playing as Graham did. The Lions were very young last year. Whiteside is a junior and will be back. He developed later in the year and will be a huge force to deal with inside next year.

Hirschi is also a large school if they can ever get teh confidence they would be scary. They have major speed at that school which reminds me of Atlanta several years ago.

You do mention the regulars in Caynon, Wylie, Sweetwater, etc. They are quality programs that reload each year and are very competitive.

Adidas410s
02-03-2006, 12:56 PM
good response, except 1 thing. that was just one year when decatur was suppose to be so good. sweetwater every year is suppose to be real good. that's the difference. again, i never said sweetwater wasn't a good team.

here is Sweetwater's record for every year going back to 1986...and remember a lot of these years they were in 4A.

(10-2) (12-2) (10-1) (6-4) (8-3) (12-2) (8-1-2) (8-4) (10-2) (11-1) (12-1) (13-1) (6-4) (3-7) (8-4) (9-3) (10-4) (9-3) (11-3) (13-2)

I think their win-loss record shows that they are a solid team with a consistent track record of winning 10+ games almost every year...

K off to lunch...

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 12:58 PM

My what a short memory you have. You
mentioned having your 7 year old explain
something to Stang Red. Maybe, you
should let your kid post on here rather
than you. Probably, has more sense.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 01:50 PM
here is Sweetwater's record for every year going back to 1986...and remember a lot of these years they were in 4A.

(10-2) (12-2) (10-1) (6-4) (8-3) (12-2) (8-1-2) (8-4) (10-2) (11-1) (12-1) (13-1) (6-4) (3-7) (8-4) (9-3) (10-4) (9-3) (11-3) (13-2)

I think their win-loss record shows that they are a solid team with a consistent track record of winning 10+ games almost every year...

K off to lunch...

it seems that you are one of the few that someone can talk to out there. sweetwater has been a good team for many years. i never said they wasn't. all i said is that if someone says decatur can't win the big games, you can also apply that to sweetwater, and i'm sure there's other teams you can apply that too if ya wanted to.

Black_Magic
02-03-2006, 02:07 PM
The regional representatives will come
out of districts 6,7, and 8. Sweetwater's
district 7 is awful. The Abilene Reporter
News said it should be a dog fight for
the 3rd place spot. That tell's you
something right there. Top to bottom
districts 6 and 8 look pretty solid though. Now this is a post that needs to be remembered ;)

DaHop72
02-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Now this is a post that needs to be remembered ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
02-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Now this is a post that needs to be remembered ;)

Should District 3-3A just cancel all our games, ya think??

OMG!!! Did we just kinda agree on something??:eek: :eek:

DaHop72
02-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Ranger Mom

Member #: 156

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this is a post that needs to be remembered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!! Did we just kinda agree on something??

A day that will live in infamy.:D :D

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

In my opinion...kinda like my region reps...
Sweetwater should have been in 3-3A.
Why they sent us east is beyond me.

SWMustang
02-03-2006, 02:28 PM
it seems that you are one of the few that someone can talk to out there. sweetwater has been a good team for many years. i never said they wasn't. all i said is that if someone says decatur can't win the big games, you can also apply that to sweetwater, and i'm sure there's other teams you can apply that too if ya wanted to.

Your quote implies that the only big games Sweetwater plays are the playoff games they lost. Monahans was a big game last year and S'water won. I'm trying to give objective mature feedback. What do you think of that Mr. poopy pants?

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

No. 3-3A shouldn't cancel their sched.'s
We would LOVE to meet the Rangers or
Tigers in the play-offs. We owe ya'll for
Quarter-finals past :D .

DaHop72
02-03-2006, 02:33 PM
No. 3-3A shouldn't cancel their sched.'s
We would LOVE to meet the Rangers or
Tigers in the play-offs. We owe ya'll for
Quarter-finals past :D .
And we would hope to be there. But, looking at the first 3 rounds, it doesn't look like a cakewalk to get there.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Agreed looking at districts 5-8. There will
be alot of good teams going home early.
And yes, Sweetwater could very well be one of them. These 4 districts will play
each other in the first couple of rounds.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Your quote implies that the only big games Sweetwater plays are the playoff games they lost. Monahans was a big game last year and S'water won. I'm trying to give objective mature feedback. What do you think of that Mr. poopy pants?

it's the same statement that someone said about decatur. they won some big games that year and now someone says they can't win the big games.

for the 3rd or 4th time, i never said sweetwater wasn't a good team. if someone can't understand that, you probably need to get back to class.

i'm still waiting on stang red to show me where i said sweetwater was a bad team, or what i posted to show i was a sweetwater hater.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 02:59 PM

Are you blind ??? this is the second time
I brought YOUR qoute to your attention.
This is where it all began. I'll get the
flash cards out if necessary.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Are you blind ??? this is the second time
I brought YOUR qoute to your attention.
This is where it all began. I'll get the
flash cards out if necessary.

what in the heck are you talking about?? do you even know??

STANG RED
02-03-2006, 03:06 PM
You said we couldnt win the big game. Every playoff and district game is a big game, and we have won many many more than we have lost. Therefore we have won way more big games than not. You have to win alot of big games to go deep into the playoffs on a consistant basis. The state championship game isnt the only big game every year. If it was, then every team that gets beat in the playoffs would have to be labeled as "not being able to win the big game".
Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say, and maybe you didnt do a very good job of saying what you were meaning, I dont know. But this is the last I have to say on the subject..........

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 03:09 PM
O.K., flash cards it is. You basically said
Sweetwater under achieves, doesn't
show up for the "big games", and that
Sweetwater fans think their team is the
greatest (don't all HS fans think their team
is the best?).
When confronted by me or Stang Red you
flip flop like a fish out of water.
Stang was right. Not worth it...

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 03:19 PM
O.K., flash cards it is. You basically said
Sweetwater under achieves, doesn't
show up for the "big games", and that
Sweetwater fans think their team is the
greatest (don't all HS fans think their team
is the best?).
When confronted by me or Stang Red you
flip flop like a fish out of water.
Stang was right. Not worth it...

is your real name clueless?? i'm sure all HS teams don't think their team is the best. there is a thing called reality. you need a big dose of it. i could give you examples of teams that don't think they're the best but i don't see a need to call them out.

you can try and put words in my mouth about calling sweetwater underacheivers if you want. it still doesn't change the fact that if someone says decatur can't win the big ones, someone else can say the same thing about sweetwater. both just might be right in what they're saying. maybe if it wasn't so true, you wouldn't be getting upset over it.

GreenMonster
02-03-2006, 03:25 PM
My take on Iowa Park is the O-line will be the key. I think that there are several kids that can step in and take care of the football in the backfield. The best part of Iowa Park's success over the past several years will be returning intact. The coaching staff. These guys do a tremendous job of coaching. Head Coach Chris Ellis truly is a gem. His teams typically play ugly football early due to tough schedules and his feeling out process where he runs a wide variety of offensive plays to get a good idea of what his teams do well and what they don't do well.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
My take on Iowa Park is the O-line will be the key. I think that there are several kids that can step in and take care of the football in the backfield. The best part of Iowa Park's success over the past several years will be returning intact. The coaching staff. These guys do a tremendous job of coaching. Head Coach Chris Ellis truly is a gem. His teams typically play ugly football early due to tough schedules and his feeling out process where he runs a wide variety of offensive plays to get a good idea of what his teams do well and what they don't do well.

IP has seemed to peak at the right time the last few years. good luck this year.

DaHop72
02-03-2006, 03:28 PM
it still doesn't change the fact that if someone says decatur can't win the big ones, someone else can say the same thing about sweetwater. both just might be right in what they're saying.
Can't this be said of any high school football team in Texas at one point or other throughout the life of the school???????

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Can't this be said of any high school football team in Texas at one point or other throughout the life of the school???????

i kinda of thought so, but i guess i was wrong. you can't say that about sweetwater.

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Forgive me for stating the obvious....We are all at liberty to say anything we want about another team, or individual, for that matter---but, we must be as accountable for what we say as we are for our actions. Everyone appreciates good debate supported by facts and counterpoint---and even "spirited" debate. Whether a poster is an "idiot" and their posts "idiotic" are usually quickly automatically apparent to the majority of the members of this board.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 03:48 PM
You have been exposed leopard fan....

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 03:51 PM
You have been exposed leopard fan....

if it makes you feel better to think so, go right ahead pony fan.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 03:57 PM
It does. Thanks Lepeord fan. Now I can
go back to watching the clock. Is it 5:00
yet?

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 04:13 PM
It does. Thanks Lepeord fan. Now I can
go back to watching the clock. Is it 5:00
yet?

then so be it little pony fan

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2006, 04:14 PM
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/2443/crazy1673te.gif Ya'll are keeping me entertained between working. ;)

DaHop72
02-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/2443/crazy1673te.gif Ya'll are keeping me entertained between working. ;)
Will you share your popcorn, Mom??????

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Will you share your popcorn, Mom??????
Sure. I might even give you a bucket of your own. Here ya go..... http://img157.exs.cx/img157/2443/crazy1673te.gif

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 04:16 PM
My post was not aimed at any individual---just general "food" for thought.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2006, 04:17 PM

you work?? :D

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 04:17 PM
You think it's entertaining now? Wait to
see if we meet in the play-offs. :D

DaHop72
02-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Sure. I might even give you a bucket of your own. Here ya go..... http://img157.exs.cx/img157/2443/crazy1673te.gif
Thanks Mom.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My post was not aimed at any individual---just general "food" for thought.
Food? You want some popcorn too? ;)

you work?? :D
:tongue: Haven't I told you not to listen to marlin fan? :D

pirate4state
02-03-2006, 04:22 PM
I just want to thank you guys for giving me something funny to read while at work!! :thumbsup: Below are the funniest posts from this thread as a "review" :nerd: LMAO!!!

Originally posted by Adidas410s:
"1. Sweetwater...with the skill players they have returning for the 9th year of eligibility...this is the easy choice."

Originally posted by Stang Red:
"Now go wipe the slober off your chin, and go change your pee stained pants."

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan:
"i didn't post anything to start an argument"

Originally posted by SWMustang:
"I'm trying to give objective mature feedback. What do you think of that Mr. poopy pants?"

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red:
"I'll get the flash cards out if necessary."

:eek: "The state championship game isnt the only big game every year." :thinking:

AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS ENTERTAINMENT!! :clap: LHPM stole my thunder, but it does take some time to put this crap together. :nerd: :D

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 04:24 PM

I'll eat anything that doesn't try to crawl off from my plate, LHPMom---and I might take a couple of "stabs" at that. :D

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LHPM stole my thunder, but it does take some time to put this crap together. :nerd: :D
:tongue: Hey, all I did was provide the popcorn to give us something to do while you "reminisced". :evillaugh :evillaugh

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 04:30 PM
I just want to thank you guys for giving me something funny to read while at work!! :thumbsup: Below are the funniest posts from this thread as a "review" :nerd: LMAO!!!

"1. Sweetwater...with the skill players they have returning for the 9th year of eligibility...this is the easy choice."

"I'm trying to give objective mature feedback. What do you think of that Mr. poopy pants?"

:eek: "The state championship game isnt the only big game every year." :thinking:

AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS ENTERTAINMENT!! :clap: LHPM stole my thunder, but it does take some time to put this crap together. :nerd: :D

lol. Great job, P4state. Kind of reminds me of some of the exchanges in "White men Can't Jump".

STANG RED
02-03-2006, 04:35 PM

Oops, I screwed up. See below please.

STANG RED
02-03-2006, 04:36 PM

Thank You. Thank you very much. Remember, we will be here all week, and there will be two shows on Saturday. The matinee starts at 2 and the evening show begins at 7.
Yall come back now. Hear?

slpybear the bullfan
02-03-2006, 04:40 PM
ROFLMAO at this thread. Yes, it is easy to tell when some fans feel compelled to rabidly defend their school at the slightest criticisim.

My $.02? Sweetwater has consistently been a contender in west Texas. To say that Decatur is not a contender is ridiculous. 4 straight district championships, tons of "Big" Games played in the regular season (check out predistrict schedules), and they aren't Regional Championship contender because they haven't won a ring yet? LOL, whatever.

AND THIS IS COMING FROM A BRIDGEPORT FAN! (how embarrassing!)

I agree with Bullaholic... opinions are free... and so is the ability to argue with heart over head.

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
ROFLMAO at this thread. Yes, it is easy to tell when some fans feel compelled to rabidly defend their school at the slightest criticisim.

My $.02? Sweetwater has consistently been a contender in west Texas. To say that Decatur is not a contender is ridiculous. 4 straight district championships, tons of "Big" Games played in the regular season (check out predistrict schedules), and they aren't Regional Championship contender because they haven't won a ring yet? LOL, whatever.

AND THIS IS COMING FROM A BRIDGEPORT FAN! (how embarrassing!)

I agree with Bullaholic... opinions are free... and so is the ability to argue with heart over head.

Slpy---

Agreeing with me-----:clap: :clap: :clap:

Defending Decatur----:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Is it too early to pencil in Abilene Wylie
and Decatur as first round opponents?
Being that they both will go Div. 1.

AP Panther Fan
02-03-2006, 05:01 PM
I know you are but what am I would have sounded better!

You gotta admit, this one was funny too!

Can't believe I missed some of the earlier laughs. Note to self....Read more of the Region I stuff.:evillaugh

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You gotta admit, this one was funny too!

Can't believe I missed some of the earlier laughs. Note to self....Read more of the Region I stuff.:evillaugh

No. 1 in the Regions, and No. 1 in your heart, APPanther---we aim to please..... :D

slpybear the bullfan
02-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Slpy---

Agreeing with me-----:clap: :clap: :clap:

Defending Decatur----:eek: :eek: :eek:

You know just how much that hurt me, Bullaholic! (The defending Decatur part ;) )

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
You know just how much that hurt me, Bullaholic! (The defending Decatur part ;) )

O.k.--just as long as you come to your "senses" before August. You know we have got some Leopards, Jackrabbits, more Eagles, and some Indians that have taken up residence in our "corral" this season. Can't wait to give em' a taste of the horns, slpy.

Butkus
02-04-2006, 08:39 AM

Can ya send some my way mom this thing may not go away fur a while. ole big brother Stang can be kinda hard headed runs in hour family.

Butkus
02-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Thank You. Thank you very much. Remember, we will be here all week, and there will be two shows on Saturday. The matinee starts at 2 and the evening show begins at 7.
Yall come back now. Hear?
See old Stang aint ascared uh no lepard.

Bullaholic
02-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
See old Stang aint ascared uh no lepard.

Just like in nature, Butkus, a Mustang just doesn't get along well with any kind of big cat.

Butkus
02-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Just like in nature, Butkus, a Mustang just doesn't get along well with any kind of big cat.
Now isnt that true mr Bull. But that lepard better gets his claws in for ole Stang kicks alung outta him.

VWG
02-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Too early to say who's who yet. I will say that Burkburnett dropping down will have a huge impact on region I sports. They have been a middle of the road 4A team in football the past 4 or 5 years or so. Being in a district with Old HIgh, Rider, Dennision and Sherman was tough. They will be much more competitive in football. But watch out for Basketball. Their AD is teh head Basketball coach. That says something there. They also have great baseball, softball and track teams. They play soccer too and I have no idea about 3A soccer?

This school is 2 students away from being in 4A and they have good athletic programs. So I would pay attention to Burk.

Way too soon to talk about Graham. Remember they didn't even make teh playoffs last year. I would suspect that Vernon had just as many underclassmen playing as Graham did. The Lions were very young last year. Whiteside is a junior and will be back. He developed later in the year and will be a huge force to deal with inside next year.

Hirschi is also a large school if they can ever get teh confidence they would be scary. They have major speed at that school which reminds me of Atlanta several years ago.

You do mention the regulars in Caynon, Wylie, Sweetwater, etc. They are quality programs that reload each year and are very competitive.

My bad, I thought Whiteside was a senior. That will be a clog to reckon with on both sides of the ball for the Lions next year.
Is their QB Miller coming back? What about that kid that would have been a soph. this year but was the freshman QB in 2004? Rumors swirled around as to his athletic ability.
I think.... and don't count this as the gospel, but Graham should return 6 starters on defense and 5 on offense. Burk was young last year, although they lost that RB Nate Brown, who was a very good RB. I look for Burk to be very competitive, but as to who goes to the playoffs in the new District 6-3A..... well I will go out on a limb and say Hirschi is one of the two teams that will definitely stay home. They lost their best player, and just don't have the numbers out for football.... didn't even field a freshman team last year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-04-2006, 10:44 PM
VWG:

I figure that Burk will be the big contender next year. Then the usual suspects fight it out for those two other spots. I'm with you regarding Hirschi but I also know they have to win one sometime. I just hope it isn't against teh Lions. Of course I remember the Hirschi of years back when they would mop us up.

I think Miller will still be QB next year. The soph that you are thinking about did play some QB this past year switching in and out with Miller, but he lost the job after the 3rd or 4th game. He played safety and was very inexperienced. IP burned him upside and down the other. But he learned a lot and will be much better this year. Should be fun.

I saw the Graham Vernon basketball game last night and Graham sure didn't look the same as I have seen the past 5 years or so. They have had some great players over there and it just wasn't the same last night. (Usually we lose so it was good to get a win against the Steer B-Ball team). They still were competitive and that B-Ball coach must be a very good coach. I think the tallest guy they had was 6 foot even. Nevertheless they hustled all night long.