PDA

View Full Version : How to be #1 in 3A

Keith7
02-16-2004, 01:47 PM
According to Old Card, WOS fans and the Jasper people its really pretty simple.. In fact WOS did it without even playing a game..

here is all you have to do..

1. Don't make the playoffs in 4A
2. Win state 17 years ago
3. Be ranked lower in most polls then 3A's top 3 teams from last year (Datapoll's power ranking for WOS:115.6, Datapoll's powerranking for Gainesville: 118.5 Burnet: 116.6 Atlanta: 118.4)
4. Have people from surrounding towns worship you
5. expect 3A to roll over for you

As you can see its an easy formula and just about any average team could do it..

I hope this helps a team like whitesboro out if they ever move down to 2A

spiveyrat
02-16-2004, 01:51 PM
You are really going to eat a lot of crow over this! :D

Keith7
02-16-2004, 01:55 PM
i'm willing to take my chances on this one

NewStang
02-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Keith: Find the post from a WO-S fan that says we should be #1 in 3A. I challenge you.
Gainesville obviously had a strong football program last year, but perhaps they should focus a bit more on reading comprehension :p

This is REALLY eating you alive inside, isn't it?

<small>[ February 16, 2004, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: NewStang ]</small>

Keith7
02-16-2004, 02:09 PM
NewStang:

This is REALLY eating you alive inside, isn't it?not really.. but someone has to go against WOS dont they?

NewStang
02-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Damn right! Buncha bullies... coming on this board and admitting that 3A will be a tough challenge. Who do they think they are? You the MAN!

kaorder1999
02-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Keith7:

NewStang:

This is REALLY eating you alive inside, isn't it?not really.. but someone has to go against WOS dont they?im right there with you Keith...thta seems to be what happens every two years when someone drops from 4A. They are automatically considered a top 3A team in most peoples eyes.....its rediculous. I even heard some people in Paris say that if Paris dropped to 3A they would be a top 10 team. Oh god!

kaorder1999
02-16-2004, 02:13 PM
NewStang:
Damn right! Buncha bullies... coming on this board and admitting that 3A will be a tough challenge. Who do they think they are? You the MAN!sarcasm is stupid

NewStang
02-16-2004, 02:14 PM
im right there with you Keith...thta seems to be what happens every two years when someone drops from 4A. They are automatically considered a top 3A team in most peoples eyes.....its rediculous. I even heard some people in Paris say that if Paris dropped to 3A they would be a top 10 team. Oh god!

sarcasm is stupid
So is spelling and punctuation, obviously... wink

spiveyrat
kaorder1999:

Keith7:

NewStang:

This is REALLY eating you alive inside, isn't it?not really.. but someone has to go against WOS dont they?im right there with you Keith...thta seems to be what happens every two years when someone drops from 4A. They are automatically considered a top 3A team in most peoples eyes.....its rediculous. I even heard some people in Paris say that if Paris dropped to 3A they would be a top 10 team. Oh god!BUT, Silsbee isn't getting any attention and they dropped from 4A.

Keith7
NewStang:
You the MAN!why thank you.. i'm glad you respect me and my opinions so greatly now..

kaorder1999
02-16-2004, 02:18 PM
NewStang:

im right there with you Keith...thta seems to be what happens every two years when someone drops from 4A. They are automatically considered a top 3A team in most peoples eyes.....its rediculous. I even heard some people in Paris say that if Paris dropped to 3A they would be a top 10 team. Oh god!

sarcasm is stupid
So is spelling and punctuation, obviously... wink i misspelled one word....

Keith7
02-16-2004, 02:19 PM
NewStang:

sarcasm is stupid
So is spelling and punctuation, obviously... wink ohhh.. lets bring out the old "you cant spell" cut down.. that takes alot of thought to use..

I gess any average 4A skool can raise students that kan spail big werds

Keith7
02-16-2004, 02:21 PM
spiveyrat:

kaorder1999:

Keith7:

NewStang:

This is REALLY eating you alive inside, isn't it?not really.. but someone has to go against WOS dont they?im right there with you Keith...thta seems to be what happens every two years when someone drops from 4A. They are automatically considered a top 3A team in most peoples eyes.....its rediculous. I even heard some people in Paris say that if Paris dropped to 3A they would be a top 10 team. Oh god!BUT, Silsbee isn't getting any attention and they dropped from 4A.you didnt read the rules..

they have to have won state 17 years ago and they dont expect teams to roll over for them

NewStang
02-16-2004, 02:23 PM
You guys are fun :D

I can't wait for the season to start. You still haven't showed me where a WO-S person has claimed 3A would roll over for us. Help me out!

P.S. - You spelled two words wrong wink

Keith7
02-16-2004, 02:27 PM
NewStang:

I can't wait for the season to start. You still haven't showed me where a WO-S person has claimed 3A would roll over for us. Help me out!

P.S. - You spelled two words wrong wink wow not only is WOS a top team, they must also have the newest version of Hooked On Phonics

kaorder1999
02-16-2004, 02:28 PM
NewStang:

P.S. - You spelled two words wrong wink what two words...maybe im overlooking it

Keith7
02-16-2004, 02:28 PM
NewStang:
3A is gonna be so easy WO-S is going to win it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I got this quote from an unidentified source..

spiveyrat
02-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Keith7:

spiveyrat:

kaorder1999:

Keith7:

NewStang:

This is REALLY eating you alive inside, isn't it?not really.. but someone has to go against WOS dont they?im right there with you Keith...thta seems to be what happens every two years when someone drops from 4A. They are automatically considered a top 3A team in most peoples eyes.....its rediculous. I even heard some people in Paris say that if Paris dropped to 3A they would be a top 10 team. Oh god!BUT, Silsbee isn't getting any attention and they dropped from 4A.you didnt read the rules..

they have to have won state 17 years ago and they dont expect teams to roll over for themThat was a counterpoint raised to KA's broad statement.

spiveyrat
02-16-2004, 02:35 PM
KA: One was "ridiculuous", the other was some transposed characters.

Keith7
02-16-2004, 02:37 PM
i'm going to start sending yall PMs of my messages so yall can spell check them before i sumbit them

spiveyrat
02-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Keith7:
i'm going to start sending yall PMs of my messages so yall can spell check them before i sumbit themOk... for a "small" fee. :D

3afan2K3
02-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Keith7:

NewStang:

sarcasm is stupid
So is spelling and punctuation, obviously... wink ohhh.. lets bring out the old "you cant spell" cut down.. that takes alot of thought to use..I was just about to say that

3afan2K3
02-16-2004, 02:42 PM
kaorder1999:

NewStang:

P.S. - You spelled two words wrong wink what two words...maybe im overlooking ityae he onle speld one werd rong

kaorder1999
02-16-2004, 02:43 PM
spiveyrat:
KA: One was "ridiculuous", the other was some transposed characters.spivey...you are right but if you are trying to correct me you spelled it wrong also...since yall are really into spelling mistakes just thought you might want to know...

i spelled it:
rediculous

you spelled it:
ridiculuous

correct spelling is:
ridiculous

NewStang
02-16-2004, 02:47 PM
i'm going to start sending yall PMs of my messages so yall can spell check them before i sumbit them

I think you mean "submit." LOL!

3afan2K3
02-16-2004, 02:47 PM
kaorder1999:

spiveyrat:
KA: One was "ridiculuous", the other was some transposed characters.spivey...you are right but if you are trying to correct me you spelled it wrong also...since yall are really into spelling mistakes just thought you might want to know...

i spelled it:
rediculous

you spelled it:
ridiculuous

correct spelling is:
ridiculouslol you got'em kaorder

spiveyrat
02-16-2004, 02:49 PM
3afan2K3:

kaorder1999:

NewStang:

P.S. - You spelled two words wrong wink what two words...maybe im overlooking ityae he onle speld one werd rongI don't care if there were any misspelled words or not. In fact, when I pointed it out, I misspelled "ridiculous". But there were two wrong. And you, my friend only had two right. eek! :cool:

spiveyrat
02-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Ok, I've had enough spelling for one day. This is getting way too juvenile.

Keith7
02-16-2004, 02:53 PM
I think spelling, like WO-S, is overrated

NewStang
02-16-2004, 03:01 PM
:D

Talk is cheap. I guess we'll see once things get rolling...

NewStang
02-16-2004, 03:03 PM
We'd better have some emergency crews on the scene when the 3A pre-season rankings come out - just in case. If WO-S ends up higher than Gainesville, Keith might spontaneously combust.

kaorder1999
02-16-2004, 03:03 PM
NewStang:
Keith: Find the post from a WO-S fan that says we should be #1 in 3A. I challenge you.
Gainesville obviously had a strong football program last year, but perhaps they should focus a bit more on reading comprehension :p

This is REALLY eating you alive inside, isn't it?would you consider Old Card a WOS fan...considering he does post about them and he is from nearby Orange, TX?

<small>[ February 16, 2004, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

NewStang
02-16-2004, 03:04 PM
would you consider Old Card and WOS fan...considering he does post about htem and he is from nearby Orange, TX?
No, dude... He's from a rival school...

kaorder1999
02-16-2004, 03:05 PM
NewStang:

would you consider Old Card and WOS fan...considering he does post about htem and he is from nearby Orange, TX?
No, dude... He's from a rival school...OK DUDE...just a freaking question....you know...you seem like the touchy one...

NewStang
02-16-2004, 03:35 PM
um... Actually, that was a pretty laid back "No, dude..."
More like a "naw," in fact. I'm just having fun here. There's no reason to be touchy.

jason
02-16-2004, 03:57 PM
Keith7:

NewStang:
You the MAN!why thank you.. i'm glad you respect me and my opinions so greatly now..ok..ill admit i agree with you on your original post....but dont start thinkin that i respect you or your opinion... :D :D :D

kaorder1999
02-16-2004, 04:52 PM
jason:

Keith7:

NewStang:
You the MAN!why thank you.. i'm glad you respect me and my opinions so greatly now..ok..ill admit i agree with you on your original post....but dont start thinkin that i respect you or your opinion... :D :D :D hehe

3afan2K3
02-16-2004, 05:43 PM
spiveyrat:

3afan2K3:

kaorder1999:

NewStang:

P.S. - You spelled two words wrong wink what two words...maybe im overlooking ityae he onle speld one werd rongAnd you, my friend only had two right. eek! :cool: I didnt notice

Gobbla2001
02-16-2004, 06:25 PM
I haven't seen one person from WO-S state that they'll have an easy time in 3A... Nor did I hear a Jasper fan do the same in '02... But YES, I did throw some fits...

See, the important thing is realizing just who your ticked off with... Is your reflex to snap at WO-S a result of a WO-S poster's comments? In this case, it can't be, unless you've seen something I totally missed...

Your reflex was caused by people who are not even fans of the Mustangs shouting that they're gunna win state or what have you... Now, do I think they'll winstate? Not 100% sure of it... Do I think they can win state? Ya damn right?

WO-S has tradition on their side (as do your Leapords) and a great bunch of talent coming back off of an 8-2 season playing one of the toughest schedules in the state... They're HC is some sort of a genius and from what I hear, they're coaching staff ticks well...

Saying they don't have what it takes would be rediculous, but saying they'll be the state champs in '04 is going a little far out in itself...

Now, I know there are teams out there in 3A right now that could play neck and neck if not beat WO-S, but I think at the same time WO-S can beat those teams... They'll have a dang good season if you ask me...

Just remember that your team is still the team to beat, Keith, along with Atlanta, and hopefully that'll help you get by until next season...

That's why I've decided to stop griping about it, the great WO-S Mustang fans know they're in for a tough one, and I'm pretty sure their team is... Let's just make sure we understand just who we're griping at before we lash out at a person or group of persons who haven't done anything deserving of a lashing...

The WO-S fans will come on here and talk about their tradition (as both you and I do) and how good of a team they have this year (as both you and I do) and that's okay, they're 3A now...

This bugged the crap outta me in '02 when Jasper rolled into town and it'll really screw with your head, don't let it, it'll be okay... We have a great team in our class now, be happy...

PPHSfan
02-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Let me be the first to actually congratulate Keith7 on a well thought out post. He has obviously matured more that the chronoligal year that has passed since last season when he was a senior in highschool. Keith I am very proud of you. You have shown that you can take a thought and put it into words without fear of recourse. Keep it up and you will be invited into the secret society. :D

NewStang
02-16-2004, 07:40 PM
You mean he was worse? wink

PPHSfan
02-16-2004, 07:47 PM
There is nothing wrong with his post. You just need to read it again. :p

NewStang
02-16-2004, 07:50 PM
Except for the fact that it's based on the notion that WO-S fans have come here acting like 3A is going to roll over for them - which they haven't.

bccards
02-16-2004, 08:02 PM
kaorder1999:

NewStang:

This is REALLY eating you alive inside, isn't it?would you consider Old Card a WOS fan...considering he does post about them and he is from nearby Orange, TX?Funny you should say that he's from Orange. Although he's from "Orange" There is a large stretch of Highway 105 (Only about 1 mile from WOS High School and 7 miles from BCHS) that is actually Bridge City ISD. So, Just b/c he lives in Orange, doesn't mean his children did not attend BCISD.

PPHSfan
02-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Keith7:
According to Old Card, WOS fans and the Jasper people its really pretty simple.. In fact WOS did it without even playing a game..

3. Be ranked lower in most polls then 3A's top 3 teams from last year (Datapoll's power ranking for WOS:115.6, Datapoll's powerranking for Gainesville: 118.5 Burnet: 116.6 Atlanta: 118.4)

As you can see its an easy formula and just about any average team could do it..

I hope this helps a team like whitesboro out if they ever move down to 2AI don't see on here where he says a single WOS person did anything.

He said "Old Card, WOS fans and the Jasper people"

The other five statements say nothing about the people from WOS.

Like I said....read the post again.

<small>[ February 16, 2004, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

Old Tiger
02-16-2004, 08:45 PM
funny...

Gobbla2001
02-16-2004, 08:57 PM
PPHSfan:

Keith7:

I hope this helps a team like whitesboro out if they ever move down to 2AI don't see on here where he says a single WOS person did anything.

He said "Old Card, WOS fans and the Jasper people"

The other five statements say nothing about the people from WOS.

Like I said....read the post again.I love you to death, PPHSFan, but "Expect 3A to roll over for you", has to be either a player, coach or fan from WO-S... Ya damn clown!

Gasilla
02-16-2004, 10:42 PM
KA, you are either Keith himself or his brother, which one is it. I personally think you are Keith under a different name. At this rate, you'll have a whole army on your side in a couple of days.

PPHSfan
02-16-2004, 10:52 PM
But I submit to you Gobb. A WOS "FAN does not have to be someone FROM WOS. ie: Old Card

Gasilla
02-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Gobbla2001:
I haven't seen one person from WO-S state that they'll have an easy time in 3A... Nor did I hear a Jasper fan do the same in '02... But YES, I did throw some fits...

See, the important thing is realizing just who your ticked off with... Is your reflex to snap at WO-S a result of a WO-S poster's comments? In this case, it can't be, unless you've seen something I totally missed...
Great post Gobbla! As a Mustang fan, I don't want all of this extra attention. Lofty expectations are nothing more than a distraction. Quite frankly, with the depth in 3A the way it is, no one has a clue who will be "great" or who will be "average". A lot of factors will play out before next season is over with. Everyone just needs to chill a bit.

Your reflex was caused by people who are not even fans of the Mustangs shouting that they're gunna win state or what have you... Now, do I think they'll winstate? Not 100% sure of it... Do I think they can win state? Ya damn right?

WO-S has tradition on their side (as do your Leapords) and a great bunch of talent coming back off of an 8-2 season playing one of the toughest schedules in the state... They're HC is some sort of a genius and from what I hear, they're coaching staff ticks well...

Saying they don't have what it takes would be rediculous, but saying they'll be the state champs in '04 is going a little far out in itself...

Now, I know there are teams out there in 3A right now that could play neck and neck if not beat WO-S, but I think at the same time WO-S can beat those teams... They'll have a dang good season if you ask me...

Just remember that your team is still the team to beat, Keith, along with Atlanta, and hopefully that'll help you get by until next season...

That's why I've decided to stop griping about it, the great WO-S Mustang fans know they're in for a tough one, and I'm pretty sure their team is... Let's just make sure we understand just who we're griping at before we lash out at a person or group of persons who haven't done anything deserving of a lashing...

The WO-S fans will come on here and talk about their tradition (as both you and I do) and how good of a team they have this year (as both you and I do) and that's okay, they're 3A now...

This bugged the crap outta me in '02 when Jasper rolled into town and it'll really screw with your head, don't let it, it'll be okay... We have a great team in our class now, be happy...

Gobbla2001
02-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Dude, you're killing me, you got me on that one with the specifics...

Well, been nice knowing you guys, I'm uh, gunna go shoot myself... ha

WOS92
02-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Being that he is from a rival school, he probably is not a FAN.

j_dog
02-16-2004, 11:06 PM
spiveyrat:

kaorder1999:

Keith7:

NewStang:

This is REALLY eating you alive inside, isn't it?not really.. but someone has to go against WOS dont they?im right there with you Keith...thta seems to be what happens every two years when someone drops from 4A. They are automatically considered a top 3A team in most peoples eyes.....its rediculous. I even heard some people in Paris say that if Paris dropped to 3A they would be a top 10 team. Oh god!BUT, Silsbee isn't getting any attention and they dropped from 4A.Spivey, you are right. We overlooked Silsbee! They advanced the the Semi's in 4a back in the 70's. They just graduated one mean nationally ranked lineman, and I hear they have many more coming up. Better watch out for them. It is a shame that we had forgotten about them. With just a little promotion, why we can get Silsbee up to at least the top 5 in 3a! :D

Question, if SE Texas opinions are so dumb, and they may be, then why are so many people getting so upset when we express those opinions? Go Silsbee go! :) Better watch out for Kirbyville also!

PPHSfan
02-16-2004, 11:14 PM
WOS92:
Being that he is from a rival school, he probably is not a FAN.Well in order for Bridge City to be a "rival" school for WOS...BC would need to have beaten you a couple of times. And I believe that WOS has whipped BC for years. That is kinda like calling Crandal a rival of Forney. :D

WOS92
02-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Fine. Then an "opposing school," and one that is widely not fond of the 'Stangs. You'll find few WO-S "fans" in BC...but hey... I just live here...

Matthew328
02-17-2004, 12:38 PM
This thread is pure greatness..

PPHSfan
02-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Matthew328:
This thread is pure greatness..I agree Matt. I am almost ready to nominate Keith to the secret society, just for this thread alone, and forgive him of all of his past ill deeds. :D

The boy has really matured. :D

vet93
02-17-2004, 01:14 PM
This is great guys...I love it!!! But save something for the season...don't flame out in february :D You have got to pace yourselves...this is a long distance race, not a sprint wink I would suggest maybe one or two inflammatory golden triangle or metroplex topics per month...with an occassional conspiracy theory thrown in for good measure eek!

Old Cardinal
02-17-2004, 02:03 PM
I look for WO-S to be exceptional in 3A next season. They say every war is fought over territory!...And WO-S is invading Kieth's and a lot of others territory! Now I am going to make a bold statement! After next season, I look for both Orangefield and Bridge City to have the capability to beat WO-S! Here is why--LC-M is strongly recruiting WO-S youth to play football there. WO-S school district is cratering on enrollment. Bridge City and Orangefield's Districts are growing rapidly. Dan Hooks plans to win State one more time(next season) and is then retiring(either way I would guess)....On further, OF has a great football development program just emerging. Also, Bridge City mauls everyone in football at the 9th grade level but loses these same kids as they specialize in a host of other sports to get college scholarships. I think that will turn around with the Junior and Sophomore classes....The demographics are changing and that is going to make a big difference in the coming years..... As for Gainesville they are just a big size 4A school mascurading as a 3A---just look at the size of that city!

kaorder1999
02-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Gasilla:
KA, you are either Keith himself or his brother, which one is it. I personally think you are Keith under a different name. At this rate, you'll have a whole army on your side in a couple of days.keith under a different name huh? thats greatness....in fact...i was at a gaineville game this year and i sure as heck wasnt rooting for g-ville.

Keith7
02-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Old Cardinal:
I look for WO-S to be exceptional in 3A next season. They say every war is fought over territory!...And WO-S is invading Kieth's and a lot of others territory! Now I am going to make a bold statement! After next season, I look for both Orangefield and Bridge City to have the capability to beat WO-S! Here is why--LC-M is strongly recruiting WO-S youth to play football there. WO-S school district is cratering on enrollment. Bridge City and Orangefield's Districts are growing rapidly. Dan Hooks plans to win State one more time(next season) and is then retiring(either way I would guess)....On further, OF has a great football development program just emerging. Also, Bridge City mauls everyone in football at the 9th grade level but loses these same kids as they specialize in a host of other sports to get college scholarships. I think that will turn around with the Junior and Sophomore classes....The demographics are changing and that is going to make a big difference in the coming years..... As for Gainesville they are just a big size 4A school mascurading as a 3A---just look at the size of that city!If your willing to make a trip up here i'll give u a personal tour of the old folks homes and show you why we have a population of what we have

kaorder1999
02-17-2004, 02:20 PM
keith...did you know you were me...or i was you ...or whatever....

<small>[ February 17, 2004, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

Gasilla
02-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Oldcard, I do agree with some of your post about the demographics in Orange. I just don't think it's going to happen in a year. Maybe 20, our "cratering" is occuring at a slow pace. Also, if we have sucess again in 3A, more athletes will be coming to WO-S. On the contrary, the ones leaving for mlc couldn't get playing time at WO-S, with the exception of 1, who I hear may be on his way back at the moment.

Old Cardinal
02-17-2004, 04:27 PM
You may be right, but WO-S does not have a viable JV like they had in the past and it does not look like they will stablize on the enrollment plunge. I see LC-M continuing to grow, grow, grow, and become the dominate force in Orange County. I think it is imminent and not 20 years down the road..Orange and West Orange are towns in decay, compared to the rest of the county.

<small>[ February 17, 2004, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

MonkeyJoe
02-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Keith7 is my hero!

Gasilla
02-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Old Cardinal:
You may be right, but WO-S does not have a viable JV like they had in the past and it does not look like they will stablize on the enrollment plunge. I see LC-M continuing to grow, grow, grow, and become the dominate force in Orange County. I think it is imminent and not 20 years down the road..Orange and West Orange are towns in decay, compared to the rest of the county.No viable JV? They were 6-1 last year. Since we are making predictions, I'll predict that WO-S and mlc combine way before mlc becomes dominant in football. Also, if you look at the stats over the last few years, mlc has actually been on the decline as well.

<small>[ February 17, 2004, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Gasilla ]</small>

SintonFan
02-17-2004, 10:30 PM
vet93:
This is great guys...I love it!!! But save something for the season...don't flame out in february :D You have got to pace yourselves...this is a long distance race, not a sprint wink I would suggest maybe one or two inflammatory golden triangle or metroplex topics per month...with an occassional conspiracy theory thrown in for good measure eek! .
LOL!
Do you mean the DFW conspiracy? http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/eek7.gif Gimme more of that!

PPHSfan:

Matthew328:
This thread is pure greatness..I agree Matt. I am almost ready to nominate Keith to the secret society, just for this thread alone, and forgive him of all of his past ill deeds. :D

The boy has really matured. :D .
Secret society? http://mysmilies.rgforums.com/s/contrib/ed/smileeek.gif
Can I join? Is it exclusive? Where do I sign up??? :p

PPHSfan
02-17-2004, 10:33 PM
You know better SintonFan :D

SintonFan
02-17-2004, 10:39 PM
PPHSfan:
You know better SintonFan :D .
LOL
Don't forget about the DFW conspiracies too! wink

<small>[ February 17, 2004, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Matthew328
02-18-2004, 09:45 AM
WOS JV was 6-1...why only 7 games?? and Gainesville is not a 4A school....when you speak of demographics Gainesville's population is shrinking if anything...lots of people from Gainesville have moved away down to Denton and closer to the Metroplex..but if anything Gainesville's enrollment has stayed fairly steady around 800 or so...